Derby v Saints (Friendly) - Match Thread

trousers

How has Elyounoussie looked?

To me he looks like a Tadic "plug and play" guy. If you see the 11 running around you may not even be able to tell the difference, which I think is a good thing (since I liked Tadic). They even look a little alike.

How’s the book pal?

We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families, by Philip Gourevitch.

It's an excellent piece of writing.

Just came inside to make a drink and do a couple of errands. Back in the garden now. My Oriental lillies have bloomed. Lovely stuff.

We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families, by Philip Gourevitch.

It's an excellent piece of writing.

Just came inside to make a drink and do a couple of errands. Back in the garden now. My Oriental lillies have bloomed. Lovely stuff.

Sounds exquisite.

Well....

The good news is the players in the back three today possibly won't be playing come Burnley. Stephens is just poor, Hoedt is weak, and Bertrand will be out wide. Yoshi, Jannik, Bednarek, with Bertrand and Cedric will make a huge difference. I thought JWP and Targett were poor too. I don't know completely what was going on in midfield, but it just seemed like Derby were running through them. I don't know if Hughes is trying out a new scheme (which isn't working), or if Armstrong just isn't that good. I thought Mo, Redmond, and Austin were ok, nothing too exciting but its hard when the the other 7 are defending most of the time. McCarthy was really good, the best player on the pitch.

Thats the way I see it, I'm sure others will see it completely different

You’re not going to control a midfield with Lemina and Armstrong.

hoedt is terrible, isnt he

He is the problem, been saying if for months. Stephens wasn’t great along Yoshida but is far less error prone and assured. Put him next to that *****r and he’s a mess. Won’t change til Hoedt is gone. He’s basically the CB Forster equivalent.

Top marks for using the FIFA 17 database to purchase him.