France training camp

jawillwill

Hey guys.

The team are staying at the Evian Resort Hotel, in Evian les Bains.

I went last year (lived across the water), no one was there and I was able to meet all the players and have a chat to them. Really relaxed.

It's very, very low key. I even walked into the dining area and chatted to Shane Long among others, no one was particularly fussed I was there.

I moved away now but it's one of the more relaxed training camps I've been to where there really are no fans around.

Oh man, I knew they normally go there but didn't look like they were this year. I've just got back (i.e. yesterday) from Verbier, could have gone via Evian on the way back to Geneva!

...98b27abbce4542f21fa5c5cc55925772.jpg

Squad has a definite whiff of late-vintage QPR about it. If our up-and-coming types like Lemina, Hoj and Elyounoussi do well, we should be alright, but otherwise we're relying on a couple of disillusioned fullbacks and some increasingly creaky PL journeymen to carry us through.

Whilst Lemina is playing hide and seek.

Stopped at Auchan Boulogne on Saturday afternoon to fill some remaining gaps in the car, stumbled across a Ventoux Red on a what read as a too good to be true offer. It’s one I have had before not a knife and fork red, just a nice steady fruity model that I guess you could call a session wine, that even a wine snob would quaff without complaint. Asked the wine guy on the department (nothing like you would find in any U.K. supermarket) what the deal was, €5.40 for one bottle get 2 for €5.64!!! If I hadn’t had it before I would have thought drain cleaner! “It’s a good wine just like Cote du Rhône” and I chipped in “Just from the other side of the road”, He just said “Exactly” with a look of “I couldn’t have put that better myself”. So if you happy trippers en France are near an Auchan nip in and see if they have a Ventoux called L’etape

.............has anyone found Mario yet?!

Ta! I saw a sparkling Picpoul blend the other day in Aldi or Lidl, of all places; I nearly bought a bottle but need to make space first,

Blow me, I _had_ bought a bottle, found a little space in my fridge. Val de Salis Chardonnay/Picpoul. Might have it tomorrow with a friend.

Still no sign of Lemina in the second day's pics.. Maybe he's just shy..

My subscription appears to have run out, so I will only be making vital contributions like this one with my three posts.

I see Bernardo Silva played for City last night so can’t be long until Cedric joins the squad.
I think he asked to return to City early. With the signing of Mahrez, he probably knows his place in the pecking order is under serious threat.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I think he asked to return to City early. With the signing of Mahrez, he probably knows his place in the pecking order is under serious threat.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Whereas Cedric, after a poor season, now has even less competition than last year.