Seasons Predicted Points Spread

Hatch

I'll stick my neck out and say that we won't finish below Palace. I'd take 12th though, so long as we've learned our lessons from the previous two seasons and continue to look to strengthen to get us back into the top 8/10. As has been said on other threads, we are still 2/3 signings away from being half decent - we need to be as strong through the squad outfield as we currently are in the Goalkeeping department. Outside the top 6, there are Everton, Leicester, and probably West Ham this season, and maybe even Wolves will feel like that's where they want to be with the money they're spending. It would be good to at least think of ourselves as falling into that category again.

I'll stick my neck out and say that we won't finish below Palace. I'd take 12th though, so long as we've learned our lessons from the previous two seasons and continue to look to strengthen to get us back into the top 8/10. As has been said on other threads, we are still 2/3 signings away from being half decent - we need to be as strong through the squad outfield as we currently are in the Goalkeeping department. Outside the top 6, there are Everton, Leicester, and probably West Ham this season, and maybe even Wolves will feel like that's where they want to be with the money they're spending. It would be good to at least think of ourselves as falling into that category again.

Thing is after four bad transfer windows I don't think we can reverse all the damage in one window. So I'd certainly take a solid mid table finish this season to give us a base to push on from in future seasons.

I honestly think that our start to the season is crucial, if we start well I think we'll do ok. My real worry though is that I don't think we have any leaders, and when we go behind in games we will struggle to get anything. Good player though he is, Bertrand is not the leader that we need if things start to go Pete Tong, could be a big season for Maya or Verstergard in that case.

Ohhh I think we will finish mid to lower table - cant see us getting into the top ten.

Two or three more decent signings, crucially some additional firepower, and we may well finish higher than 12th (8th to 10th is perhaps where we should 'fit' to be honest), and I'm going for solidly mid-table under Hughes this season. I think we will have team spirit, be more workmanlike and harder to beat, an optimistic comparator might be the Strachan era, but we will see.

I think we can finish between 9th and 12th, purely depends on injuries and new signings, if Austin and Gabba stay fit and Armstrong and Elyounoussi adapt quickly and produce some decent balls to the strikers we will score more goals then last season and in return win more games,

Defensive side Vestergaard looks like he will be a boss and help develop Hoedt and I am confident them two can become a good CB partnership, my worry is back up RB we don't have one and McQueen and Stephens are not good enough to be apart of this squad, so I do hope Targett stays, a back up back four of Targett Jan Yoshi and new player aint too shabby for a mid table team.

I think we can finish between 9th and 12th, purely depends on injuries and new signings, if Austin and Gabba stay fit and Armstrong and Elyounoussi adapt quickly and produce some decent balls to the strikers we will score more goals then last season and in return win more games,

Defensive side Vestergaard looks like he will be a boss and help develop Hoedt and I am confident them two can become a good CB partnership, my worry is back up RB we don't have one and McQueen and Stephens are not good enough to be apart of this squad, so I do hope Targett stays, a back up back four of Targett Jan Yoshi and new player aint too shabby for a mid table team.

How on earth did you come to the conclusion that Vestergaard will help develop Hoedt?

Would genuinely be better of melting Hoedt down into glue.

Aside from Palace all the teams above us in that table have better squads.

Would take 12th if offered right now.

A few years ago we had better players than the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Brighton, Bournemouth etc but we have regressed and others invested.

After the top 6 is Everton, Leicester and possibly WHam and maybe Wolves then everyone else is much the same. We are in that section IMO.

I'm 99% sure we're not looking for a backup RB. The pre-season has seen all sorts of experiments there - Stephens, JWP, McQueen, Reed. All of these will struggle to get a place in their normal position. My bet is Reed. He played there on loan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stress, disappointment and occasional dispair are my dominant supporter memories of last season.

Entertainment would be hugely welcome, especially if supported by hope and happiness to expel the experience of last season!

Almost impossible to predict this time around. Hughes has them playing as a team more and the spirit is back and to be honest, I can even see a couple of players we don't much rate coming good this season. We say, if Austin can stay fit we will be OK. However, we know he wont. So we do need more goals from somewhere. As it stands I don't think we will be in the mire as much as last time around. Remember that was in the main caused by that awful run of 19/20 games without a win. If we can avoid going on a similar run i can see us getting to 42-45 points.

I’d bite your hand off if offered 12th.

Brighton have had a decent window to build on last season so wouldn’t expect to see them relegated.

Bournemouth need recruits, if it wasn’t for Benetiz I would say Newcastle are in a bit of trouble.

Otherwise it’ll be close all the way up to 8th place again. Personally think 15th for Saints unless there are major recruits before the season starts.

We have no ambition or investment like some of our rivals. We will stay up though. 40 points and 15th

No investment or is this satire?

Spending as at the 17th July:-

1. Liverpool – £109.7m

2. West Ham – £84.1m

3. Manchester United – £73.1m

4. Arsenal – £69.9m

5. Manchester City – £62.2m

6. Southampton – £55m

7. Chelsea – £50m

8. Leicester – £44.1m

9. Wolves – £39.2m

10. Huddersfield – £32.3m

11. Fulham – £30.1m

12. Cardiff – £27. 2m

13. Watford – £21.2m

14. Brighton – £14.1m

15. Bournemouth – £10m

16. Newcastle – £9.7m

T17. Burnley – £0

T17. Crystal Palace – £0

T17. Everton – £0

T17. Tottenham – £0

And if stories are to be believe we haven't finished yet.

1. Liverpool – £109.7m

2. West Ham – £84.1m

4. Arsenal – £69.9m

6. Southampton – £55m

7. Chelsea – £50m

8. Leicester – £44.1m

9. Wolves – £39.2m

11. Fulham – £30.1m

12. Cardiff – £27. 2m

13. Watford – £21.2m

14. Brighton – £14.1m

15. Bournemouth – £10m

16. Newcastle – £9.7m

T17. Burnley – £0

T17. Crystal Palace – £0

T17. Everton – £0

T17. Tottenham – £0

& net spend over 4-5 years wed be bottom 3 I strongly suspect.

You can't measure ambition over 30 days

1. Liverpool – £109.7m

2. West Ham – £84.1m

4. Arsenal – £69.9m

6. Southampton – £55m

7. Chelsea – £50m

8. Leicester – £44.1m

9. Wolves – £39.2m

11. Fulham – £30.1m

12. Cardiff – £27. 2m

13. Watford – £21.2m

14. Brighton – £14.1m

15. Bournemouth – £10m

16. Newcastle – £9.7m

T17. Burnley – £0

T17. Crystal Palace – £0

T17. Everton – £0

T17. Tottenham – £0

Why did you pick a date 9 days ago, out of interest?

Haven't Everton sighed Frazer Richarlison for oooodles since then?

1. Liverpool – £109.7m

2. West Ham – £84.1m

4. Arsenal – £69.9m

6. Southampton – £55m

7. Chelsea – £50m

8. Leicester – £44.1m

9. Wolves – £39.2m

11. Fulham – £30.1m

12. Cardiff – £27. 2m

13. Watford – £21.2m

14. Brighton – £14.1m

15. Bournemouth – £10m

16. Newcastle – £9.7m

T17. Burnley – £0

T17. Crystal Palace – £0

T17. Everton – £0

T17. Tottenham – £0

Yeah but our investment is rubbish and every other teams are brilliant and even those who have spent nothing

are better than us or something

1. Liverpool – £109.7m

2. West Ham – £84.1m

4. Arsenal – £69.9m

6. Southampton – £55m

7. Chelsea – £50m

8. Leicester – £44.1m

9. Wolves – £39.2m

11. Fulham – £30.1m

12. Cardiff – £27. 2m

13. Watford – £21.2m

14. Brighton – £14.1m

15. Bournemouth – £10m

16. Newcastle – £9.7m

T17. Burnley – £0

T17. Crystal Palace – £0

T17. Everton – £0

T17. Tottenham – £0

I'd wait and see what it looks like on August 9th in parallel with the Net Loan Cup before getting too carried away with this table.

Edited by Greenridge

Latest edition of When Saturday Comes had the seasons predictions in and had has down for 14th. This is based on input from supporters of the other premier league teams. Seems about right to me.

Outside the top six it's a bun fight someone will have a good start build up a bit of momentum and team spirit and hang on to be this years "best of the rest". Everyone else will flirt with relegation and the bottom 14 sides won't be separated by a lot of points . The gap between 6th and 7th will mostly likely be a big one though.

Edited by doddisalegend

12th/13th sounds about right. I would argue that Hughes took Stoke teams with less talent to Top 10 finishes, but then again the league is not the same as it was 5 years ago.

The short of it is : We have a competent manager and an average squad. Is Hughes a 9 points better manager than Pelligrino? I'd argue, he is. Instead of 36, we get 45.