Forster Situation

Dusic

This situation is a total shambles !

Why bring in Gunn unless a deal to offload Forster was not already setup ? We are now sweating on getting him out the door with days to go and no doubt will pay most of his wages.

Why bring in Gunn unless a deal to offload Forster was not already setup ? We are now sweating on getting him out the door with days to go and no doubt will pay most of his wages.

Simple. Because Fraser is poor and not good enough to step in for McCarthy.

It's hardly a shambles by getting in Gunn we've made sure Forster never gets near the first team again that alone will probably give us another 9pts on last season. Forster is clearly not going to feature for us anymore which is a good start and sure it would be nice to get him of the books but just not seeing him in a saints match day squad is good enough for me.

Why bring in Gunn unless a deal to offload Forster was not already setup ?

Because that runs the risk of Gunn signing for another club.

Signing Gunn before Forster has left is not a "shambles", the "shambles" was giving Forster a contract until 2022.

Hart to Burnley was always gonna be Burnley's preferred option once they needed a keeper, as he would be cheaper given the length of his current contract and is a better more experienced keeper than the one we want to get rid of, more or less ends our hopes of getting rid before the transfer window closes and also ends our hopes of signing anyone else given our wage bill

Shambles? Sweating? I'd be sweating more if we had him near the first team. Do you honestly give a **** about saving his salary? Obviously not that much if you rather have not signed Gunn. Call it what you want I guess but to me I say fair play to the club. They've noticed a weakness and rather than sit on it because he's got a big salary and contract they've decided **** it, it needs repairing and they have sorted it. Such is life if we can't get rid yet.

And as an extra point to the above I love that people demand signings for outfield players like there's no tomorrow but when it comes to keepers having more than 2 is a shambles. 4 strikers and 4 wingers but still demanding more but when we replace the **** we have in goal its a shambles

Blimey I wouldn't want to have to choose one of those over the other. Could get a bit spicy standing between the sticks in front of the fans of the one he decides to turn down when they meet in the league........................................... still that might actually see him off his line moving about a bit! :D

Blimey I wouldn't want to have to choose one of those over the other. Could get a bit spicy standing between the sticks in front of the fans of the one he decides to turn down when they meet in the league........................................... still that might actually see him off his line moving about a bit! :D
With those fans if he doesn't get a bit sharper the rocket up his @rse might not be metaphorical. [emoji44]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The reliability of the journalist and article is put into question when he makes factual errors like...

Sparky has drafted in Angus Gunn on loan to compete with Alex McCarthy this season.

People still thinking this whole situation isnt a shambles ? ?????

I feel sorry for Forster and bringing in another goalkeeper was a mistake, when we needed a goalscorer.

I imagine by now we are so desperate, we are willing to pay 75% of his wages, what a mess.

I feel sorry for Forster and bringing in another goalkeeper was a mistake, when we needed a goalscorer.

I imagine by now we are so desperate, we are willing to pay 75% of his wages, what a mess.

So because we needed a goalscorer you think we should have kept a 2nd choice keepe who's no longer good enough? That makes sense.

Seemingly this is the going rate for 'Top' players now. Anywhere between 70-150m.

Surely it's going to go pop soon.

It isn't the going rate, that just happens to be his release clause (everyone in Spain has one, some more unreasonably priced than others). As Bilbao know Chelsea are in no position to negotiate due to the urgency of the situation, it's simply a case of paying the full whack or missing out.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Seemingly this is the going rate for 'Top' players now. Anywhere between 70-150m.

Surely it's going to go pop soon.

This is getting stupid. Allison goes to Liverpool for 67m on the back of 81 career games, only 37 in a decent league. This guy has about 100 top flight games and is valued at 71m. Mental.

By the same logic if we signed a striker before we sold Long that would also be shambolic right? Would you feel sorry for Long?

This is getting stupid. Allison goes to Liverpool for 67m on the back of 81 career games, only 37 in a decent league. This guy has about 100 top flight games and is valued at 71m. Mental.

Really hope he turns out to be a flop. Spending all that money and still not solving their GK issue would be brilliant.

So because we needed a goalscorer you think we should have kept a 2nd choice keepe who's no longer good enough? That makes sense.

Forster isnt as bad as people are making out and hes not been helped with the clowns infront of him, so he remains second choice, we didnt need another goalkeeper.

What if Forster doesn't want to be second choice?

He's on too high wages to not be playing and we have too many players for our 25 man squad. I think I'm right in saying that Angus Gunn is young enough that he doesn't count towards it, so we need to get rid of Forster for that reason alone.

Forster isnt as bad as people are making out and hes not been helped with the clowns infront of him, so he remains second choice, we didnt need another goalkeeper.

No he is far worse cost us a load of points with his comical goal keeping we would have been relegated if he had stayed our No1 last season. £15 million to never see him playing for the first team is money well spent in my book.

Sky Sports News doing a great job of flogging Fraser while they report the Courois story.

Big old graphic showing how he is still in the top 5 in highest minutes per goal in the Prem.

Behind only De Gea, Courtois, Cech and Lloris.

Let's hope some Championship managers are watching.

It's all about opinions, but I disagree. Forster was awful last season and had McCarthy not stepped up we almost certainly would have been relegated.

We needed solid competition for McCarthy and Forster wasn't it.

• 3 weeks later...
So, looking a little unlikely Fraser will be leaving us? His mammoth contract looking like a truly epic balls up!

The fact he wasn't even on bench last night, shows the clubhave told him that unless he goes on loan this year, he's going to be playingzero football this season.

Unlikely to even play in U23s, is he? Given Lewis is likelyto play in those games.

Going to have a serious detriment to his career, a wholeseason with no football…