Forster Situation

Dusic

If Jack Butland leaves Stoke then Forster MAY get his move. It's just chatter at the moment but I could see it personally and Stoke could afford it. It could depend on the keeper merry go round spinning in time.

Amazed Butland is still there. Is he linked with a move anywhere?

Sounds like Karius non too chuffed at Allison incoming, so he wants to get on the merry-go-round. More supply than demand this summer!

Hopefully there is an opening at a Circus Football team, then these sorts of keepers will have a chance of finding another local.

A combination of Stoke wanting a lot of money for him and Butland's stock having dropped after a pretty mediocre season.

He hasn't looked the same keeper since he broke his ankle. A lot more hesitant coming out/dominating his area. Something's not quite right.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Chelsea.... If Courtois goes to Madrid. There are a row of keeping dominoes waiting for the 1st one to fall....

Sky Sports News

Verified account
@SkySportsNews

@SkySportsNews

SKY SOURCES: Jordan Pickford is @ChelseaFC's primary target if Thibaut Courtois leaves this summer. #SSN

I'm curious what has 'gone wrong' for Forster?

It's somewhat irrelevant whether we think he was good/bad/indifferent when he was a regular (and when we were doing well).... but it's obvious that something has changed and he isn't the player he was before.

So what's changed? Different training regime? Injury? Has he got lazy? Illness? Too bulked up? Just a lack of confidence?

And how come our top class coaches and facilities have been unable to address the situation?

It's somewhat irrelevant whether we think he was good/bad/indifferent when he was a regular (and when we were doing well).... but it's obvious that something has changed and he isn't the player he was before.

So what's changed? Different training regime? Injury? Has he got lazy? Illness? Too bulked up? Just a lack of confidence?

And how come our top class coaches and facilities have been unable to address the situation?

What changed is the players in front of him. He’s always been average, can’t really recall too many great saves or matches where he’s won us points (Arsenal, maybe Liverpool , that’s about) . He’s been found out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yet he managed to be decent for Celtic and got into the England squad. Strange that highly paid professional footballers took so long to find him out? Perhaps he just lost his confidence and form? I remember a certain hot player called Torres going from hero to zero too. Did he get found out?

Stoke don't want to sell and have put a £30M price tag on him.

Any Prem team looking for a keeper may now consider Forster after all. No doubt we would take £10M then they have £20M available to fund his wages.

However, currently no Prem team looking, although if Courtois does move, that may start the merry-go-round again, and where it stops, nobody knows. :)

Yet he managed to be decent for Celtic and got into the England squad. Strange that highly paid professional footballers took so long to find him out? Perhaps he just lost his confidence and form? I remember a certain hot player called Torres going from hero to zero too. Did he get found out?

He had the same failings with Celtic that he exhibited with us, but they were seldom exposed enough for people to suss him. I'll never understand how he came to be so highly regarded - probably part of the "height-over-technique" orgy that developed around keepers.

I didn't want us to sign him, and the contract extensions were beyond crazy.

My guess? He has lost mobility since his injury. It was masked by a very good defense in front of him when he came back during the second half of 15/16 (we were second only to Leicester in that period) but has been exposed once the quality of the defense was downgraded. He definitely wasn't anywhere near this bad when we first bought him.

Pickford - Everton -> Chelsea

Butland - Stoke -> Everton

Forster - Saints -> Stoke

I genuinely wouldn't be shocked. Nor if Burnley came a calling if Pope is out for a long period.

I don't think Heaton is out for long, was just a muscle strain in the warm up. They have Lingergaard too. I can't see Burnley being in the market.

There was also that time when he came back into the team and suddenly the team kept a load of clean sheets on the trot. I'm not sure it can entirely be put down to having a great defence in front of him.

Something's clearly gone wrong though obviously

Rewatch those games agian. He barely has to do anything and when he does, sometimes he cocks that up but gets away with it.

pretty high wages for a championship club, even if we paid half.

But they're not your bog standard Championship club; they're coming down with big wages from the PL and have parachute payments.

Guarantee most of the clubs who've come down last few years have had a fair few on £40k-ish; West Ham had Nolan on £80k when they came down!

As opposed to not even being named in the 25 man squad of a Premier League side?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Is he really at risk of not being named as our third choice keeper for the season? It's not as if not naming him in the squad would relieve us of the burden of paying his wages.

Is he really at risk of not being named as our third choice keeper for the season? It's not as if not naming him in the squad would relieve us of the burden of paying his wages.
Do you think we wont jump at an opportunity to reduce the wage bill and free up funds for more team improvements?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dave Watson has built a small empire of English goalkeepers at Staplewood and is obviously feeling great about himself (see video on OS) but it is a fool's paradise and unsustainable. Three of those keepers will want and expect to be playing in the PL and 3 into 1 won't be harmonious for very long. Somebody will want or be shipped out once pre-season is over and minds are made up about who will start and who will get the bench.

The only reason Forster is still here Watson in Hughes ear saying "at least give him a chance to show what he can do", Forster's failure is Watson'd failure too and that might hurt.

Dave Watson has built a small empire of English goalkeepers at Staplewood and is obviously feeling great about himself (see video on OS) but it is a fool's paradise and unsustainable. Three of those keepers will want and expect to be playing in the PL and 3 into 1 won't be harmonious for very long. Somebody will want or be shipped out once pre-season is over and minds are made up about who will start and who will get the bench.

The only reason Forster is still here Watson in Hughes ear saying "at least give him a chance to show what he can do", Forster's failure is Watson'd failure too and that might hurt.

I suspect the only reason FF is still here is that no one will take him off our hands, even on a loan with heavily subsidised wages.

Do you think we wont jump at an opportunity to reduce the wage bill and free up funds for more team improvements?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We can't compel him to leave though. With his current deal, FF has no disincentive to sit a year out. He's only 30, on an extremely good wage by all accounts, and his reputation is unlikely to suffer through inaction. Even if he decides to honour his contract and sit on the bench (or the bus) for the next four years, he's entitled to do so.

The moron is as strong as ever in Charlie as we head into the new season.

I do wonder sometimes whether the likes of Charlie boy might not be better off supporting another team or none at all, rather than whinging the whole time.

I do wonder sometimes whether the likes of Charlie boy might not be better off supporting another team or none at all, rather than whinging the whole time.

He used to be an Arsenal supporter when we were not in the Premier League.

He occasionally comes up with good points but recently has just become a WUM. The trouble for him is that he is not very good at it !!!