Josh Sims - Loaned to NYRB: Official

spyinthesky

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a rough day for our loanees.

Sims had the best of it with 11 mins and an assist.

Reed came on for Blackburn from the bench too.

McQueen and Hesketh unused subs.

Flannigan didn’t make the bench for Burton.

Jones an unused sub for St. Mirren, who signed Anton Ferdinand as first choice CB after signing Jones from Saints.

God knows what Seagers form in the Dutch second division means,

Admittedly I’ve not looked at the older loanees such as Carillo (although it looks like he missed a penalty for Leganes today), Boufal and Clasie.

It was Reeds needless foul on the edge of the box from which Villa scored their equaliser. Player was facing away from goal, no need to try to tackle, very good free kick though. He then had a chance to redeem himself as the ball fell to him in the box, but blazed high and wide, not his best 8 minutes of football to be honest.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Bit of a rough day for our loanees.

Sims had the best of it with 11 mins and an assist.

Reed came on for Blackburn from the bench too.

McQueen and Hesketh unused subs.

Flannigan didn’t make the bench for Burton.

Jones an unused sub for St. Mirren, who signed Anton Ferdinand as first choice CB after signing Jones from Saints.

God knows what Seagers form in the Dutch second division means,

Admittedly I’ve not looked at the older loanees such as Carillo (although it looks like he missed a penalty for Leganes today), Boufal and Clasie.

Frankly it highlights the quality of our youngsters. People were calling for Reed, Hesketh and Sims to be given 1st team opportunities for us. The fact that they are bench warmers at lower league clubs makes it clear that they won't enhance our first team. That said, I hope they all go on to have good seasons.

Frankly it highlights the quality of our youngsters. People were calling for Reed, Hesketh and Sims to be given 1st team opportunities for us. The fact that they are bench warmers at lower league clubs makes it clear that they won't enhance our first team. That said, I hope they all go on to have good seasons.

bit like Jack Stephens when he was in the champ

Hardly, it’s the double whammy of being loan signings and ones that were signed extremely late in the window. Sims has already made an impact twice, so you’d expect him to get a start soon at reading.

Hardly, it’s the double whammy of being loan signings and ones that were signed extremely late in the window. Sims has already made an impact twice, so you’d expect him to get a start soon at reading.

You're deluded if you think there's a premier league regular in any of of domestic loanees. They're on loan in the lower leagues as they aren't good enough for the premier league. They're on the bench in the lower leagues (at best) for a reason.

You're deluded if you think there's a premier league regular in any of of domestic loanees. They're on loan in the lower leagues as they aren't good enough for the premier league. They're on the bench in the lower leagues (at best) for a reason.
Harry Kane was on loan at Leicester in the championship when he was 20 and was pretty sh*t there.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

How much have you watched them? Bizarre attitude.

Plenty, and enough to tell me that the decision to loan them out is correct.

Have you seen them? Where and when have you seen anything from any of our domestic loanees to suggest that they'll improve our

team?

Read teg article from the Blackburn manager re Reed. He's 23 and can't do as the manager tells him in training ffs. And people think he'll improve our team. Nuts.

Do you really think that if these lads are good enough they'd be on loan at league 1 and championship clubs, and struggling to get off the bench?

Have you seen them? Where and when have you seen anything from any of our domestic loanees to suggest that they'll improve our

team?

Read teg article from the Blackburn manager re Reed. He's 23 and can't do as the manager tells him in training ffs. And people think he'll improve our team. Nuts.

Do you really think that if these lads are good enough they'd be on loan at league 1 and championship clubs, and struggling to get off the bench?

That's pretty much how I feel about 90 % of every signing we have made since we got back in the EPL, only a handful of players I can say I knew before hand that I thought could do a job for us, every player we sign from a lesser league is about at or below that of the standard in the Championship, only a handful of leagues higher standard than the championship and we don't normal sign players from these leagues any way and when we do, we buy bench warmers / players who cant get in the first team.

I personally think Sims has more to his game than some first team starters / bench warmers here.

Rather a player with Championship EXP than some one from I don't know, Scotland.... I think most teams in the Championship would Give Celtic a good run for there money, the gap between 10th - 20th in the EPL and the top 15 of the Championship are about as good as each other, no one can say we would bounce back up if we got relegated, we wont go down and tear the championship up. we would be lucky to get play offs, so people should think hard about being harsh towards players who play in the championship, Christ Deli Alli never got out of League 1 before he was hailed the new England wonderkid.

team?

But what's the point of a loan, they will never be good enough.

I'd imagine most of them are on a last chance to prove they're good enough. The players out on loan (and Gallagher) will be 22-24 by the end of the season, about the age most of them will be moved on if they're not good enough. Sims may get another season.

Someone to pay a proportion of their wages? To give them experience? To put them in the shop window in the hope that they can have a career in the game after their contracts run down? Jason McCarthy and Lloyd Isgrove are recent examples where I suspect all 3 of those factors were applicable. They both got moves - not done much since, but they got moves.

"Don't write off young players because Harry Kane" is the new "don't sack the manager because Alex Ferguson".
I've seen enough of Sims to believe he'll be a very good premier league player one day, I find it utterly bizarre that others can't see it. Just looks obvious to me.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

I went to the game. He started brightly for first 20 mins or so, but I was generally disappointed in his performance, especially against a really poor Hull team. He didn't really beat anyone or get any decent delivery into the box, and kind of drifted. But at least he did get game time, and judging by the comments by the Reading fans around, he seems to be a bit of a favourite there in general.

I went to the game. He started brightly for first 20 mins or so, but I was generally disappointed in his performance, especially against a really poor Hull team. He didn't really beat anyone or get any decent delivery into the box, and kind of drifted. But at least he did get game time, and judging by the comments by the Reading fans around, he seems to be a bit of a favourite there in general.

Yeah, the Reading fans here in the office love him. Say he "has great energy, not afraid to take a man on." They were calling out for him to get a start and now he has, they hope he plays every game.

Yeah, the Reading fans here in the office love him. Say he "has great energy, not afraid to take a man on." They were calling out for him to get a start and now he has, they hope he plays every game.

A season playing regularly in the Championship will do him the world of good. He’ll come back first team ready.

Like Targett ... and then left on the bench until that readiness has worn off. :(

Fox, Hooiveld, Kelvin, Sharp, Hammond, Guly, De Ridder, Richardson and Chaplow were all regulars in a top Championship team. None were Premier League standard.

Just playing regularly doesn’t make them good enough on its own, more it gives them a chance to develop and gain experience. My mate with a Reading ST has been pretty impressed with Sims so far, so fingers crossed he can progress.

Fox, Hooiveld, Kelvin, Sharp, Hammond, Guly, De Ridder, Richardson and Chaplow were all regulars in a top Championship team. None were Premier League standard.

Just playing regularly doesn’t make them good enough on its own, more it gives them a chance to develop and gain experience. My mate with a Reading ST has been pretty impressed with Sims so far, so fingers crossed he can progress.

He's changed his tune, has he?

You’ve got a bit of a chip on your shoulder over this one.

In his opinion, Sims didn’t do anything of note on his debut, however he has looked better since. So yes he has changed his opinion based on Sims improved performances.

No chip. Thought it was a bit much making assumptions off of a third person assessment, after Sim's had been there a day, on his debut, at a new club etc etc.

• 2 months later...
Starting for Reading tonight - now live on sky.
Subbed after an hour, didn't really make an impact. Meanwhile Billy Sharp (remember him) won the game for Sheffield United with a late goal.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Lead to believe he's being recalled.

Thank god, will help us out and gets him out of that absolute ****storm of a club.

Good move. Wasn't involved for them yesterday either.

Get Ralph to have a look at him & then we can either keep him around or loan him out to a club with a better fit than Reading.

Get Ralph to have a look at him & then we can either keep him around or loan him out to a club with a better fit than Reading.

If Ralph takes a look and decides he can't help us now, we should just sell him and give him some clarity in his career. Same applies to other players who are on loan and are now of an age where their time being 'one for the future' is running out.

I think Sims can do a job for us though. His energy, pace and direct running with the ball give us something only Redmond offers at the moment.

If Ralph takes a look and decides he can't help us now, we should just sell him and give him some clarity in his career. Same applies to other players who are on loan and are now of an age where their time being 'one for the future' is running out.

I think Sims can do a job for us though. His energy, pace and direct running with the ball give us something only Redmond offers at the moment.

I can only assume his injury is the reason he has lost his way. Under Puel he looked exciting

This. Reading fans in the office here (Basingstoke) say he looks too good for them, has skill and flair, but right now and for the rest of the season they want to play more basic kick and rush as they hope for survival.

They expect us to come asking for him back and they would agree to it.

Puel killed him IMHO.

Burst on the scene and was quick n direct. Looked a player with no fear.

After his debut he vanished only to return looking nervous and sideways.

We seem to coach the best out of players. Similar happening with Demarai Gray it seems

Puel killed him IMHO.

Burst on the scene and was quick n direct. Looked a player with no fear.

After his debut he vanished only to return looking nervous and sideways.

Oh, go on then, I'll give you the pleasure of at least one bite... Here's Sims looking nervous and sideways 3 months after Puel gave him his senior debut...

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/HVb3NfTf7P8

Edited by trousers