Charlie Austin PITA?

Charlie Wayman

How embarrassing was CA's bike video tour around Evian embarrassing?

He really is a brash, unruly individual and it seemed to me that quite a lot of our players and staff find him a bit of a PITA judging by their bewildered expressions when they were the butt of his banter. I mean come on, he was even rude to the gaffer and our captain and that surely isn't on even in jest. Reckon your a bit of a Jack the Lad, eh? More like a camp wrecker to me.

Come on Charlie, stop the gob and get on with what you should be doing and do it well. Concentrate on your football and for heaven's sake take it seriously, you are after all supposedly a professional footballer. Look no further for your work ethic than Romeu, Hoedt and the others who are giving it 200% in the gym and in training ready for our new season.

Personally I’d find his brand of ‘lads banter’ rather tiresome after a while, if I had to work with him for a prolonged period of time but that’s just my personal taste. He seems fairly well liked in the dressing room, according to most sources.

He really is a brash, unruly individual and it seemed to me that quite a lot of our players and staff find him a bit of a PITA judging by their bewildered expressions when they were the butt of his banter. I mean come on, he was even rude to the gaffer and our captain and that surely isn't on even in jest. Reckon your a bit of a Jack the Lad, eh? More like a camp wrecker to me.

Come on Charlie, stop the gob and get on with what you should be doing and do it well. Concentrate on your football and for heaven's sake take it seriously, you are after all supposedly a professional footballer. Look no further for your work ethic than Romeu, Hoedt and the others who are giving it 200% in the gym and in training ready for our new season.

I don't get why you care, you don't have to work with him.

Don't know if this a troll or not

Part of our problem as a team over the last 24 months has been our complete lack of character and identify, our performances have been a reflection of our dreary\dowdy managerial interviews both of whom seemed to have very introvert personalities the team didnt seem to have any "oomph" I would say that's in part because personalities like Charlie perhaps felt a little out of place in that kind of environment.

Personally I feel like you need characters like Charlie in the dressing room, they will be the type of players who will call team mates out when not performing, they maybe brash and they may not be that well liked by everyone (not saying thats the case with Charlie) but they have their place. Every majorly successful team will have someone loud, outspoken and who gives the team that "edge" and I believe Mark Hughes has given players like Charlie a platform to re-take the dressing room and make it a much more vibrant place.

This is all just my opinion of course, but a flat dressing room is good for no one.

Came in expecting Charlie to of launched his own bread snack line, leave disappointed

Edited by Convict Colony

Part of our problem as a team over the last 24 months has been our complete lack of character and identify, our performances have been a reflection of our dreary\dowdy managerial interviews both of whom seemed to have very introvert personalities the team didnt seem to have any "oomph" I would say that's in part because personalities like Charlie perhaps felt a little out of place in that kind of environment.

Personally I feel like you need characters like Charlie in the dressing room, they will be the type of players who will call team mates out when not performing, they maybe brash and they may not be that well liked by everyone (not saying thats the case with Charlie) but they have their place. Every majorly successful team will have someone loud, outspoken and who gives the team that "edge" and I believe Mark Hughes has given players like Charlie a platform to re-take the dressing room and make it a much more vibrant place.

This is all just my opinion of course, but a flat dressing room is good for no one.

hear hear

Get with the times Grandad.

His ‘laddy’ behaviour would irritate me after a while but he’s in the dressing room with a load of early 20 somethings who would probably irritate the **** out of me too, so I’m sure he fits in.

Oh I thought it was Pacific International Trapshooting Association

The only video i saw with Charlie on a bike was the one about Harrison Reed swimming Lake Geneva, how could you get wound up by that? For "a crock" pretty impressive that he can film, ride a bike, and talk and not be blowing out of his backside (maybe he was and that was how he was going along :D)

I thought when he asked the "Gaffer" his thoughts on the day, Hughes response was quite witty.

Ok, ok I'll ask, what is a PITA?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

You are clearly not down with the dewds like our cool OP is. Real down with the dewds he is. Oh yeah.

I'm not either. I thought he meant the bread thing, he couldn't spell (which made sense) and the post didn't make sense (which also made sense, in a peculiar way.)

F*cking snowdrop. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the docks.

You have obviously never spent anytime in a football dressing room. This sort of banter flies about in every dressing room, no matter what intellect the players are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Charlie. He’s the sort of guy who can’t walk past a pair of glasses without putting them on. I reckon he’d probably put his cock in your pint when you went for a p*ss. Always a place for a guy like that in your circle of mates.

As long as he scores goals I couldn't give a **** if he is a bit of a lad on a super polite gentleman. All I want is him to stay fit and bang in some goals.
Good luck with that one Austin is past it!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think 'Charlie Wayman' just reflects a sizeable chunk of our support, too polite, boring and probably barely makes a squeak inside the stadium (unless he's like 75%ish of the posters on here and never actually goes to a game). Anyways, aint he an Arsenal fan?

F*cking snowdrop. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the docks.

Due to acute bantz poisoning? Or lack of prawn sandwiches?

His banter would be funnier if he could score goals and finish games. Hopefully the bike work contributes towards the latter.

You have obviously never spent anytime in a football dressing room. This sort of banter flies about in every dressing room, no matter what intellect the players are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just a dressing room. Sounds like the OP has never spent anytime interacting with normal male human beings.

Crikey, he's just having a laugh and he's also aware he is doing it to showcase the togetherness in the squad. So playing up to the camera to some degree.

I'd rather have a character like Austin who helps the dressing room with some banter and character than the awkward Boufal video who clearly didn't fit in. However much us fans wanted him to.

Clearly the management have no problem with him otherwise they would not have produced and shown the video in the first place.

I'm sure that it was intended as a 'tongue in cheek', lighthearted snapshot of how things go at training camps, nothing more.

How anyone can get upset by it baffles me and it certainly does not create an impression of disruptive behaviour in any way.

Strange thread really !

Personally I’d find his brand of ‘lads banter’ rather tiresome after a while, if I had to work with him for a prolonged period of time but that’s just my personal taste. He seems fairly well liked in the dressing room, according to most sources.

His ‘laddy’ behaviour would irritate me after a while but he’s in the dressing room with a load of early 20 somethings who would probably irritate the **** out of me too, so I’m sure he fits in.

I think these two comments summarise it fairly well for me. 'Banter' can sometimes have a nasty edge to it. In certain circumstances I'd be quite prepared to say "give it a ****ing rest". In other enviroments I've worked in some banter might be verging on a disciplinary. I'm not sure if some of the "it's only banter, mate" know when to stop and what's appropriate.

This is more relevant than you might think. Apparently Pellegrino didn’t like or get the training ground banter at all and tried to stop it . Two of the overseas players really didn’t like it. I’m told Pellegrinoˋs attitude towards it really did affect team morale.

This is more relevant than you might think. Apparently Pellegrino didn’t like or get the training ground banter at all and tried to stop it . Two of the overseas players really didn’t like it. I’m told Pellegrinoˋs attitude towards it really did affect team morale.

Assume those overseas players are still with us?

This thread is rediculous, I mean honestly.

Let's ban people talking and having a laugh, and criticise every tiny little thing. Unbelievable. Can't really see how anyone can be a saints fan and not like Austin, seems like a top bloke, we're a much better team when he plays, and the way the other players react when he scores shows how much they clearly all like him. Any link to watch today's game at all?

Let's ban people talking and having a laugh, and criticise every tiny little thing. Unbelievable. Can't really see how anyone can be a saints fan and not like Austin, seems like a top bloke, we're a much better team when he plays, and the way the other players react when he scores shows how much they clearly all like him. Any link to watch today's game at all?

Appears to be a 'ghost' game - non news whatsoever !

To be honest, never noticed this myself pal.

I think these two comments summarise it fairly well for me. 'Banter' can sometimes have a nasty edge to it. In certain circumstances I'd be quite prepared to say "give it a ****ing rest". In other enviroments I've worked in some banter might be verging on a disciplinary. I'm not sure if some of the "it's only banter, mate" know when to stop and what's appropriate.
Personally, I hear the word "banter" and mentally replace it with "being a c*nt". But then, as anyone who's met me can attest, I'm a right snowflake.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk