Anyone @ South Shields for U23s tournament thingy?

adysaint

Anyone North east based going today?

Just be warned that the ground itself is well out of South Shields - the nearest Metro station is Bede and its a short walk from there.

I'm born and bred in North Shields across the river so this is a big game for me with a bit of natural animosity since they have a bit of money now and stole North Shields manager and best players.

Oh, and their Vase win couple seasons back is well tarnished. In an earlier round they were losing 4-2, down to 10 men, 10 minutes to go, when the Morpeth lad belted in the 4th, the Floodlights mysteriously went off

and they couldn't get them back on. The FA bizarely ordered them to replay the whole match - they won 3-0 and went on to lift the Cup @ Wembley.

They have never had any trouble with the floodlights before or since...

Won 3-0

Was about 15-20 Saints fans there - including relatives of the players.

Hesketh cut inside and curled a nice right footer in - then after a nice exchange on edge of box, placed a low shot in - was really nice goal.

Was typical loads of subs in 2nd half - but Marcus Barnes who been nuisance with his pace and direct running, chased a lost cause down, got in front of his man and got bundled over in the box.

Was a bit soft, but there was contact. Barnes picked up the ball, and went stright down the middle.

Play Marseille in the Final tomorrow 5pm - the Official programme says its live on the Freesports Channel (whatever that is) but google says: Freeview HD 95 , Sky 442 and Virgin 130 / 553reeview HD channel 95, Sky channel 422, Virgin TV 130/553.

Was a really nice day out at a nice local club (my Dad who was a decent Amatuer player told me he'd played a Season there back in the 70s which meant I couldn't dislike them as much as I had intented to.)

and I met a couple of North East based fans as well.