Which top 6 manager?

whelk

Hypothetical - I know many struggle with these but which manager of the Top 6 would you have at Saints?

My choice:

1 Pep

2 Poch

3 Klopp

4 Mou

5 Emery

6 Sarri

Someone may tell me this is pointless as we may struggle to get them to sign.

Struggle? More like impossible in current circumstances.

Only in current circumstances!!! LOL.

Initial instinct is Pep, but would the players be good enough to do what he wants them to do? For that reason, I'd go for Poch with Emery as second choice. Klopp would just annoy me even if he managed my team, and Jose just needs to quite football and go and do something he enjoys. Sarri, bit too unknown.

It's no coincidence that the team with the best players finish top.

Managers are over rated

Let's see Pep and Klopp do the business with little budgets

Indeed, Peps first season was very average until he started to spend 50m on fullbacks etc. Klopp still not won anything so hasnt done any business as of yet?

This is the same as F1.

Put all the drivers in the same car and the results would be totally different.

No way would Pep or Klippity get Saints in the top 4 with the players we have.

Yes, it is the same. Lewis Hamlton would still win as he is the best driver, which is why the top teams wanted him. It's the same for the best managers and players in football. Worse ones end up with worse teams.

Anyone who manages people knows that the performance of a team is greatly influenced by the manager. Jose showed this the best in his second spell at chelsea, finishing well outside the top 6 with a title winning squad. Look what Puel did to our 6th place squad or how Poch transformed us when he arrived.

Titles are won by high quality teams with high quality managers, where one of the biggest challenges is to turn all those names and egos into a close knit unit who work well together.

I reckon any of those mentioned would at least get us into the top 10.

I cannot say i rate them as highly as many do, especially Sky Sports and their love ins. Jose he special one is proving right now he is indeed a cheque book manager. Only now some others have a book as big, if not bigger than his, he is stamping his feet as he cannot win so easily now. Most of them only win as they have the biggest funding. Take away their funding and bring them to Saints and most would fail dramatically. I think psychology has a lot to do with it with the top managers as Jose is showing now. They are fine when it all goes their way, but as soon as the funding purse is shut and the pressure builds after a few bad results, they crumble. Pep, Klopp, Jose, would all struggle at Saints. Poch and Emery would be best for us I think. Sarri I know very little of, but if what I have heard is true in that he builds morale, makes good players better etc, I think he would also do well for us.

Hypothetical - I know many struggle with these but which manager of the Top 6 would you have at Saints?

My choice:

1 Pep

2 Poch

3 Klopp

4 Mou

5 Emery

6 Sarri

Someone may tell me this is pointless as we may struggle to get them to sign.

Getting it back on track:

1 Pep - just to see what he can do with an average squad.

2 Sarri - decent bloke and gets the most out of his players, making them believe in what he does. Balanced attacking football. I can see him getting Chelsea into the top four as long as the WC players come back and pick up the tactics straight away.

3 Klop - attack, attack, attack!