South Shields Tournament

supersonic

Our U23s are playing Marseille in the final at 5pm.

We won 3-0 against South Shields yesterday to make the final.

Team sheet 2018-07-29 12.59.56.jpg

Match report. https://southshieldsfc.co.uk/match/south-shields-vs-southampton-u23s/

Highlights

The U23s also played 3 games in Italy over the past couple of weeks. Some relevant links in the absence of anything on the OS

23rd July 2018 Southampton U23 v Bologna. Lost 2-0

Highlights http://www.tuttobolognaweb.it/video/video-bologna-southampton-u23-2-0-gli-highlights/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Team line up IMG_5585.jpg

20th July 2018- Southampton U23 v NK Bravo. Drew 1-1

Full match

17th July 2018 Southampton U23 VS Real Vicenza - Won 5-0

YouTube

Photos

Edited by Over land and sea

Although you wouldn’t exactly call it a fall from grace, I do always wonder about Slattery - was meant to be the next big thing, but whenever I’ve seen our U23 teamsheet recently, he’s not been in the starting 11. Still lots of time to change that, mind.

Although you wouldn’t exactly call it a fall from grace, I do always wonder about Slattery - was meant to be the next big thing, but whenever I’ve seen our U23 teamsheet recently, he’s not been in the starting 11. Still lots of time to change that, mind.

Just scored a screamer.

I was there - possibly 6 to 10 Saints fans in total. It was a good tournament. Jan Valery was the standout player overall, although Hesketh was very good in the first game against South Shields. Also saw first game today - South Shields v Celtic U23 - and Celtic were awful and very luckly to win 2-1. Just a shame there was not a bigger crowd, doubt there were 200 there for the final.

I know some people have written Hesketh off already but how old is he and how old was Lallana when he finally came to fruition in League 1 then the Championship?

Hesketh is the same age as Lallana was in our 2nd season in league 1 so you could argue he still has a year or 2 left to prove he can make it at this level. He does need a loan though as he won't get enough competitive football here.