Reviving the ITK snippets thread

eddie

Used to get loads when Targett was in and around the team. Hopefully will continue now he’s back from Fulham, if he doesn’t end up going there completely. Which is looking very likely.

An entertaining WUM is still just a WUM though. He's not missed.

Yep, a WUM is a WUM. But is someone who, in good faith, passes on information given them by a third party a WUM? I really dont know if that was the case with JS but it is clearly the case with some who just think they are being helpful and are being stitched up themselves. In the case of JS, his normal posts were fine and he showed no sign of being an attention seeking t**t. If you park the ITK stuff, he was a popular poster on another site and I wouldnt say that he wasn't missed. I am sure we have all been around these sites long enough to make our own decisions about who to believe and who not to believe. The problem with hounding out people who claim to be ITK is that some who are genuine get undeserved grief and stop posting what they know.

The problem with hounding out people who claim to be ITK is that some who are genuine get undeserved grief and stop posting what they know.

I can't recall a genuine ITK who has ever been on the receiving and of "undeserved grief". It's not difficult to spot the difference between a genuine ITK and someone trying to emulate one.

I can't recall a genuine ITK who has ever been on the receiving and of "undeserved grief". It's not difficult to spot the difference between a genuine ITK and someone trying to emulate one.

I'm very reluctant to post any snippets I receive. People get awfully jealous.

Absolutely. JS elaborate, teasing posts wreaked of horse****. But soggy obviously feels protective, especially if there’s an opportunity to get on his high horse and knock this place. He just can’t help himself.

This 100%. Only simpletons or those who like feeling an undeserved sense of moral superiority have trouble seeing the difference.

Textbook, and this is why we have no ITK posters anymore.

Exactly, if you don't believe someone just ignore them. Problem with this place is people behave like a bunch of school kids.

I get the odd bit of info through my work (used to get more but clients change) but can't be arsed to post it anymore.

There are clearly some obvious WUMs here but some not so obvious WUMs have also been caught up in the crossfire over the years. As for getting on my high horse, I stopped paying my fiver some time ago and know of a number of posters who no longer post here down to those who just want to spoil this place for everyone else. Perhaps if more people stood up to those he insist on being arses then things might improve around here? As one of the posters who likes to have constant digs at others you come across as a bit of a hypercrite Sherlock.

There are clearly some obvious WUMs here but some not so obvious WUMs have also been caught up in the crossfire over the years. As for getting on my high horse, I stopped paying my fiver some time ago and know of a number of posters who no longer post here down to those who just want to spoil this place for everyone else. Perhaps if more people stood up to those he insist on being arses then things might improve around here? As one of the posters who likes to have constant digs at others you come across as a bit of a hypercrite Sherlock.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

Yep, a WUM is a WUM. But is someone who, in good faith, passes on information given them by a third party a WUM? I really dont know if that was the case with JS but it is clearly the case with some who just think they are being helpful and are being stitched up themselves. In the case of JS, his normal posts were fine and he showed no sign of being an attention seeking t**t. If you park the ITK stuff, he was a popular poster on another site and I wouldnt say that he wasn't missed. I am sure we have all been around these sites long enough to make our own decisions about who to believe and who not to believe. The problem with hounding out people who claim to be ITK is that some who are genuine get undeserved grief and stop posting what they know.

But Jack Schitt didn't do it in good faith, he was making it all up.

Did you really think it was anything but a chance for creative writing?

I'm very reluctant to post any snippets I receive. People get awfully jealous.

I can understand that, it's sad but I'd suggest you keep them to yourself. You seem to get a lot of grief on here generally, perhaps you should just stop posting? Hardly seems worth the hassle.

But Jack Schitt didn't do it in good faith, he was making it all up.

Did you really think it was anything but a chance for creative writing?

You could well ne right UJ, but do you have any hard evidence to prove either that he was making it up or that he wasnt being fed info by a third party?

I am more concerned about the grief he got for it. Instead of just saying whatever and leaving him to his fantasies (if that what they were) he got bullied to the point where he felt that he needed to leave that forum. And what if there was a third party in reality and that person was winding him up? If someone says I am going to give you some information and you can take it or leave it, why cant some people just leave it if they dont believe it? Why do they feel the need to keep having a pop? Ok, some people are constantly and clearly trolling and probably deserve all they get, but this guy came across as a decent bloke and not the normal internet t**t who does this stuff and I dont think that he deserved the pitch fork treatment.

Ok, off my high horse now ;)

Jack schitt was quite obviously a troll. Anyone with even the slightest amount of common sense was fully aware of that at the time and he quite rightfully received ridicule and abuse for his attention seeking nonsense.

Edited by hypochondriac

Jack schitt was quite obviously a troll. Anyone with even the slightest amount of common sense was fully aware of that at the time and he quite rightfully received ridicule and abuse for his attention seeking nonsense.
Quite. He was obviously either a liar or a fantasist, either way completely full of sh it, which was apparent to anyone with a brain from the get-go.

Frankly it's insane to think anyone would be mourning his absence from this forum. Until, of course you see which lunatic it is fawning over him like some helpless defenceless victim.

Whether Jack Schitt was full of it or not, the fact that some people feel the need, or think it is OK, to ridicule and abuse (ie bully) ANYBODY is quite sad. I've never understood the need. There is a big difference between telling someone you don't believe them, and in heaping ridicule and abuse on them (which happens far too often on here). It's getting harder and harder to pick out the useful info on this forum in between all the posters having a pop at one another.

From my point of view I could put the bullies on ignore, but occasionally they also contribute to a decent debate or post and if I do that the thread becomes meaningless, so I choose to skim through the pointless posts and try and pick out the interesting content.

Any bets on which of the above people are going to get on their high horse first and try and defend their (indefendable) actions?

Not heard of irony Duckster? Or perhaps we are to believe that you have been ennobled and hunt wild fowl? ;)

If you're going to persist in your defence of jack schitt, then frankly you might as well go the whole hog and confirm that it was your own work tbh. Nobody reading this thread could reasonably conclude anything else.

You could well ne right UJ, but do you have any hard evidence to prove either that he was making it up or that he wasnt being fed info by a third party?

I am more concerned about the grief he got for it. Instead of just saying whatever and leaving him to his fantasies (if that what they were) he got bullied to the point where he felt that he needed to leave that forum. And what if there was a third party in reality and that person was winding him up? If someone says I am going to give you some information and you can take it or leave it, why cant some people just leave it if they dont believe it? Why do they feel the need to keep having a pop? Ok, some people are constantly and clearly trolling and probably deserve all they get, but this guy came across as a decent bloke and not the normal internet t**t who does this stuff and I dont think that he deserved the pitch fork treatment.

Ok, off my high horse now ;)

That's not how a burden of proof works - you need to prove to me that he was telling the truth.

It's like when people talk about the existence of God, you're effectively asking me to prove that he doesn't exist.

Everything points towards him being a WUM.

If you hear hooves, think horse, not Zebra.

That's not how a burden of proof works - you need to prove to me that he was telling the truth.

It's like when people talk about the existence of God, you're effectively asking me to prove that he doesn't exist.

Everything points towards him being a WUM.

If you hear hooves, think horse, not Zebra.

Oh but it is UJ. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? But that is not the point. You clearly believe that he made it all up. I still have an open mind but agree that you could well be right. The point however is that he was hounded off of a forum when he hadn't done anyone any harm. There are people on here who constantly have a pop at others and are the kind of people who, if they drank in your local, you would change pubs, and they get away with it scot free. Come on and say you are ITK and all of a sudden you set yourself up for a right kicking if you are not believed. You must have read JS's non ITK stuff on the other forum, wouldn't you say he came a cross as a decent bloke? What is wrong with saying sorry, I dont believe that ITK stuff but carrying on a treating him respectfully on the other threads? Forget horses and zebras, think human beings.

Oh but it is UJ. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? But that is not the point. You clearly believe that he made it all up. I still have an open mind but agree that you could well be right. The point however is that he was hounded off of a forum when he hadn't done anyone any harm. There are people on here who constantly have a pop at others and are the kind of people who, if they drank in your local, you would change pubs, and they get away with it scot free. Come on and say you are ITK and all of a sudden you set yourself up for a right kicking if you are not believed. You must have read JS's non ITK stuff on the other forum, wouldn't you say he came a cross as a decent bloke? What is wrong with saying sorry, I dont believe that ITK stuff but carrying on a treating him respectfully on the other threads? Forget horses and zebras, think human beings.

But we can never find him guilty. The biggest indicator that he is guilty is that nothing he said came true.

Do you know who Joseph Smith is?

#dumdudumdumdum

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

Its comments like that that made our Kenyan friend leave i reckon!

Which is a real shame because he was very much in the know and had all the latest stories from the club. He obviously had lots of contacts inside the club who confided in him and passed on the very latest information. A great loss in terms of ITK'ers from this site - greatly missed.

Which is a real shame because he was very much in the know and had all the latest stories from the club. He obviously had lots of contacts inside the club who confided in him and passed on the very latest information. A great loss in terms of ITK'ers from this site - greatly missed.
We should have absolutely listened and believed our Kenyan friend. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? As you say a massive loss. Love and light.

But we can never find him guilty. The biggest indicator that he is guilty is that nothing he said came true.

Do you know who Joseph Smith is?

#dumdudumdumdum

I was going to reply to your post but it seems you have changed it completely?

I dont think it is fair to say that nothing he said came true. If anything he got stick for supposedly saying things that were already in the public domain.

Anyway, in answer to the post that you posted originally - I was talking about his posts on Sotonians as I believe that, and Twitter, were the only places he posted. I think some of his stuff ended up copied and pasted on here.

No I dont know who Joseph Smith is. Should I?

Can I just say that you (and Scotty - and no Scotty, I am not Jack) have constantly completely missed my point. I am not saying that everything he said, or anything any ITKers say was or is definately true. I am saying that people should not be hounded off of an internet forum just because some people dont believe them. I have defended Jack because, in his non ITK posts, he came across as a normal, decent bloke and his posts were always an interesting read. I can't put it any more simply than this but if you want to continue to just focus on the ITK stuff then perhaps that shows that reason goes out of the window with some posters when the ITK subject is broached.

Probably time to move on.

I can share a snippet I heard today, you can mock me all you want, we cannot sign anyone until Forster or others being sold or loaned is in place, we are monitoring a RB and ST amongst the usual black box nonsense. You can take this or leave this, no skin of my nose. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can share a snippet I heard today, you can mock me all you want, we cannot sign anyone until Forster or others being sold or loaned is in place, we are monitoring a RB and ST amongst the usual black box nonsense. You can take this or leave this, no skin of my nose. [emoji1303]

Thanks for the update cabbage. Real itks like you are the lifeblood of this forum unlike scam artists like Jack schitt. Love and light.

Cheers Jack