Team for Burnley?

Dusic

I don't normally get involved in forum tennis, especially with only 3 posts a day, but I would just observe:

Boufal - probably the biggest disappointment given his skill. There were doubts expressed about his character when he arrived. Bear in mind we haven't actually sold him: who knows..

Forster - the objections have been that he was given an extension to an already long contract. There was no need, and signs of his decline even then.

Carillo - plenty of doubts expressed at the time by those more knowledgeable, particular about French football. The other objection, and reasonable in my opinion, was that this was a panic January buy

chosen by a manager with not long to go.

Clasie - just not there physically (is it true he smokes?), but this is another one where people are just regretful, not hanging out Les Reed to dry.

So I think for 2 & 3 we can be pretty critical, and all four have penalised us financially when we aren't a club that can afford such mistakes.

Looking at these line-ups somehow he's going to have to find the right attack balance that allows us to score regularly. I have to say, attacking-wise, it looks the worst set of players since promotion. We have so many average players in the attacking third. One of Armstrong or Mo will need to seriously deliver; if they don't i just don't see us scoring.

Also in the CF position I have no idea what he's going to do. Austin will be injured, Gabbiadini looks like he just blows hot/cold and Long just isn't a premier league striker (although can be effective wide). They have got to try and get someone in that position between now and the Burnley game.

I don't normally get involved in forum tennis, especially with only 3 posts a day, but I would just observe:

Boufal - probably the biggest disappointment given his skill. There were doubts expressed about his character when he arrived. Bear in mind we haven't actually sold him: who knows..

Forster - the objections have been that he was given an extension to an already long contract. There was no need, and signs of his decline even then.

Carillo - plenty of doubts expressed at the time by those more knowledgeable, particular about French football. The other objection, and reasonable in my opinion, was that this was a panic January buy

Clasie - just not there physically (is it true he smokes?), but this is another one where people are just regretful, not hanging out Les Reed to dry.

So I think for 2 & 3 we can be pretty critical, and all four have penalised us financially when we aren't a club that can afford such mistakes.

We said!

Well said! That’s my three...

Hardly any surprise really, when the chairman pipes up and says that the club didn't realise that we were in trouble until late January............when, if the Wolves game didn't make you go hmmmmm, the midweek feeble submission for a spanking in our own house by Leicester 1-4 swept away any Roy of the Rovers story line dream just about everyone in the stands held previously: that night anyone with half a brain knew we were in trouble.

So a bunch of "experts" offering an obscene new New contract to someone most of us could see was on a downwards slope really isn't a massive surprise.

Yoshida put on social media that he was 'finally off to UK' 2 days ago. Not sure about Cedric. Either way' date=' neither is likely to be up to the speed of everyone else by the Burnley game.[/quote']

Yoshida is back, shows up in the training pics today. No sign of cedric though. Don't think either will be ready for Burnley, but maybe a few minutes on Saturday.

...................McCarthy...................

....Yoshida.Vestergaard. Bednarek...

Cedric............Romeu.............Bertrand

...........Lemina.........Armstrong..........

........Gabbiadini......Elyounoussi.........

Would be interesting

But i think we will go for

....Yoshida...Vestergaard....Hoedt....

Cedric...........Romeu.........Bertrand

Redmond.....Armstrong...Elyounoussi

..................Gabbiadini...................

....Yoshida.Vestergaard. Bednarek...

Cedric............Romeu.............Bertrand

...........Lemina.........Armstrong..........

........Gabbiadini......Elyounoussi.........

Would be interesting

But i think we will go for

....Yoshida...Vestergaard....Hoedt....

Cedric...........Romeu.........Bertrand

Redmond.....Armstrong...Elyounoussi

..................Gabbiadini...................

I doubt Yoshida or Cedric will be up to 90 minutes against Burnley they are a few weeks behind every body else with regards to pre-season.

I doubt Yoshida or Cedric will be up to 90 minutes against Burnley they are a few weeks behind every body else with regards to pre-season.

True, but i think Cedric will start and be subbed after 65 minutes, and Yoshida play for as long as he can.

Could be very wrong but i hope both of them can start against Burnley.

True, but i think Cedric will start and be subbed after 65 minutes, and Yoshida play for as long as he can.

Could be very wrong but i hope both of them can start against Burnley.

Hope the same, but wouldn't be surprised if Yoshida starts on the bench, as we have Hoedt, Bednarek & Vestergaard who have to be more likely to start. Because we only have 1 right back, Cedric should have been back sooner IMO and should have been fine for Saturday, whether he is or not I don't know...

Hope the same, but wouldn't be surprised if Yoshida starts on the bench, as we have Hoedt, Bednarek & Vestergaard who have to be more likely to start. Because we only have 1 right back, Cedric should have been back sooner IMO and should have been fine for Saturday, whether he is or not I don't know...

I've got a horrible feeling we are going to start with JWP or Reed playing as a stop gap RWB...

-------------McCarthy---------

---Stephens--Vest--Yoshida--

JWP----Romeu-Davis---Bertrand-

------------Armstrong-------------

----------Austin--Gabb---------

Subs-Gunn-Hoedt-Cedric-Mou-Redmond-Long-(Hojberg or Lemina)

When squad is fully fit we have Forster Reed Gallagher one of Lemina/Hojberg/Davis/Romeu/JWP and a first team centre back not making the squad...

---Stephens--Vest--Yoshida--

JWP----Romeu-Davis---Bertrand-

Subs-Gunn-Hoedt-Cedric-Mou-Redmond-Long-(Hojberg or Lemina)

When squad is fully fit we have Forster Reed Gallagher one of Lemina/Hojberg/Davis/Romeu/JWP and a first team centre back not making the squad...

Davis has to be the man to drop out of squad

How could Cedric have been back sooner? He played in the WC and was given the standard holiday time like all the others. Players have a right to their time off and it's important they get down time to recharge. Whether he is actually ba k as he should have been Monday is a different matter, does seem a bit odd that he hasn't been seen or mentioned, yet Yoshida has.

Watching their game tonight. Struggling against a SPL team and look very vulnerable to pace down the wings.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Good thing we don't play with wingers and most of our players can't go quicker than walking pace then...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

My team:

------Hoedt--Vest--Yoshida--

Cedric----JEH-Lemina---Bertrand-

First subs: Mo Ely, Targett, Romeu

I don't think Cedric will be ready to start, maybe Targett could instead? I'm not sure Yoshida will be match sharp, either... we could see Bednarek or Stephens in instead.

I'd also have Hoedt on the other side of the back 3, but apart from that I think the lineup looks quite likely.

McCarthy

Bednarek Vestergaard Hoedt

Targett PEH Lemina Bertrand

Armstrong

Gabbi Elyounoussi

Good shout. I'd hope JWP would get some time after his performance on Weds, but it's hard to see how to fit him in. If we're playing three/five at the back maybe he could replace Lemina.

Its not a case of being good only being better than Stephens or Hoedt. Right now I think he is marginally better than the calamity brothers.
I'd say Stephens is best positionally and on the ground, but weak in the air. Hoedt is stronger in the air but poor positionally and dithers. Bednarek is a bit of everything, but has had good games when it comes together. Until Vestergaard proves himself (I think he's an upgraded Hoedt) Maya is our best CB.

I'd say Stephens is best positionally and on the ground, but weak in the air. Hoedt is stronger in the air but poor positionally and dithers. Bednarek is a bit of everything, but has had good games when it comes together. Until Vestergaard proves himself (I think he's an upgraded Hoedt) Maya is our best CB.

I'd go with that. Bednarek did a job at the end of last season in a 3 when called upon. I haven't got him down as some sort of superstar. I just think right now he is slightly better than the other two options.

McCarthy

Stephens vestergaard hoedt

Target Romeau. Bertrand

Elyounoussi Armstrong

Gabbi. Austin

Since it's against Burnley and they will probably defend hard I think this 5-1-2-2 could be the way to go gives us two creative midfielders in mo and Armstrong whilst romeau can sit back and hold

wonder of they will rotate players like we did whilst in Europa.

Probably not. I believe Dyche used one of the smallest pools of players in the league last season partly out of necessity and partly because he apparently prefers to work with a smaller group of players to keep the whole squad involved and together.