PS4 Pro v Xbox one X

Batman

Which is best, what is the actual difference?

I know the Xbox has more under the hood but does that translate into a meaningful difference in reality?

Have read/seen various articles and most suggest that unless you are about 1ft away from your TV/monitor, you will not see the difference the extra £100 or so will give you

My old PS4 is well battered and going to upgrade.....was thinking of jumping ship to xbox but not so sure.

You're right in that the difference is negligible when it comes to the quality of games graphics / performance though a properly optimised games edge slightly in favour of the One X.

The main differences now are.

PS4 Pro: Exclusive games.

Sony have built a better catalogue of forthcoming games. Games like Spider-Man just aren't coming to the Xbox.

XBOX ONE X: Gamepass & Back Compatability

Many games that people owned digitally on your microsoft / 360 account are now accessible to install on your XBox, you can use a 360 disc to play many games on your one. Gamepass has a cheap monthly fee (of I think 6 or 7 pound) and gives you instant access to 100+ games. Future releases like Forza Horizon 4 or Crackdown 3 will be available to all gamepass owners at no extra cost.

upgraded to an Xbox One X in the end, thought I would try something different. Got a cracking deal from Tesco on Ebay. £350 for a new (other). Looks like it had never been opened. Can only assume it was returned at some point. Certainly was not going to pay £450 for something very similar to a PS4 Pro.

The Xbox One dashboard is cluttered mind. Had to un-pin lots of crap.

It is certainly a pretty powerful media centre and works great on a 4K TV.

Edited by Batman

• 2 months later...
Is it worth upgrading from a PS4 to PS4 Pro? Bought PSVR and can’t wait for Firewall Zero Hour released at the end of the month. If it’s as good as hyped, promises to be a game-changer for VR.

VR is 100000% times better on HTC Vive, just need a spare £600. That is real VR, and it's amazing.

upgraded to an Xbox One X in the end, thought I would try something different. Got a cracking deal from Tesco on Ebay. £350 for a new (other). Looks like it had never been opened. Can only assume it was returned at some point. Certainly was not going to pay £450 for something very similar to a PS4 Pro.

The Xbox One dashboard is cluttered mind. Had to un-pin lots of crap.

It is certainly a pretty powerful media centre and works great on a 4K TV.

You could've paid a hit more for a new one with five games:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/microsoft-xbox-one-x-forza-horizon-4-forza-motorsport-7-red-dead-redemption-2-tekken-7-project-cars-2-bundle-currys-39999-3094734