Saints vs Celta - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Time for experiments is running out now, Hughes needs to choose his starting XI for Burnley and give them 60mins together tomorrow night and again on Saturday to get them on the way to full match fitness and allow time for partnerships to gain confidence. There'll be loads of subs after that to give the next cut a chance to impress at the last minute and maybe force their way into the opening match set-up. Yoshida is back and we may see him for part of the time tomorrow but no sign of Cedric in training so still concerned he may be off.

Great weather forecast so hope we get a big turn-out to welcome the lads back.

Yoshida is back and we may see him for part of the time tomorrow but no sign of Cedric in training so still concerned he may be off.

Yoshida is certainly back, the Echo reported yesterday that Cedric was going to be back as well. No guarantee he actually arrived of course, but Hughes was certainly expecting him. Can't see he would be off, if he was surely we would have brought someone in in this area given we don't really even have a true backup (Reed and McQueen seem to be cover). Given the system Hughes is looking to play this position is critical to its success.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16384770.southampton-manager-mark-hughes-has-maya-yoshida-and-cedric-soares-back/

Yoshida is certainly back, the Echo reported yesterday that Cedric was going to be back as well. No guarantee he actually arrived of course, but Hughes was certainly expecting him. Can't see he would be off, if he was surely we would have brought someone in in this area given we don't really even have a true backup (Reed and McQueen seem to be cover). Given the system Hughes is looking to play this position is critical to its success.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16384770.southampton-manager-mark-hughes-has-maya-yoshida-and-cedric-soares-back/

Thanks for that. Maybe he was in the gym for his initial assessment work and not on the training field.

Thanks for that. Maybe he was in the gym for his initial assessment work and not on the training field.

Didn’t see him in the Sky pre match posing photo shoot video..........but then loads were missing to be honest.

Back to the match just want to see very little fannying about letting the oppos defence get in position before we resume the attack.

Not sure what the ticket office are playing at, but a quick peek at the tickets for the game and loads of blocks “Limited availability” click on a few Amber blocks and there are heaps of green dots all clumped together everywhere?!

Celta Vigo are advertising a live stream on their YouTube channel so I imagine Saints will do the same.

Boufal is out injured for them apparently

Boufal and four other first team players are not available for Celta Vigo because of injury...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16388938.sofiane-boufal-ruled-out-as-southampton-host-celta-vigo-at-st-marys/

Don't think it should be complete expected starting xi. Hoping we give the likes of sims/Gallagher starts in this one to see if they can make a case for a more prominent role.

Gallagher in particular, especially if the club is going to continue with their madness of not bringing in a goal-scoring front man.

Just been on the pathetically terrible Southampton FC web site.

Have never seen anything quite as hard to navigate and find basic ticket information on. It wants you to register too ...

Laughably bad, I didn’t bother to go after having to jump too many hurdles to find out the ticketing arrangements ...

Crap

Redmond must have a knock. There's a distinct lack of pace and creativity in that line up. Hard workers and runners yes but little pace and creativity. If we don't bring in another attacking midfielder/winger, we are really putting all our eggs in one basket with Elyounoussi. (Although I do think we will sign one more. Too many rumours about them IMO)

I still think Lewis will be our third keeper over Rose as he doesn't take up a place in the 25 and has playing experience (albeit in Scotland...:))

Is Bertrand or McQueen on the right? Goes to show it is our problem area until Cedric returns. Oh I've found the stream, I'll answer that myself. :)

Just been on the pathetically terrible Southampton FC web site.

Have never seen anything quite as hard to navigate and find basic ticket information on. It wants you to register too ...

Laughably bad, I didn’t bother to go after having to jump too many hurdles to find out the ticketing arrangements ...

Crap

Unlike you to be critical of the club