The so called experts premiership predictions for 2018/2019

Pilchards

Cardiff

Huddersfield

Burnley/Bournemouth/Watford to go down

Allison, who by some is being touted as the best keeper in the world, will make a howler within his first 3 games

Benitez and Jose wont last the season.

Book mark this.. I am an expert after all

the first one has us down in 17th but it does appear to be a fans poll...

17th? Never.

Well I was the only one on this forum to predict 17th at the start of last season and was bang on. I must be the ultimate expert. I will confirm my prediction in the next few days.

17th? Never.

Well I was the only one on this forum to predict 17th at the start of last season and was bang on. I must be the ultimate expert. I will confirm my prediction in the next few days.

Let me guess...17th with Hoddle saving the day after Hughes is sacked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first 3 are fan polls and the ESPN one was done in May. Knew something wasn't right when I saw Newcastle in 7th so went see how they reached that conclusion: "If Rafa Benitez remains in charge at St James's Park next season, presumably he will have been promised the kind of resources he requires to push Newcastle up a level." :lol::lol::lol:

Then I checked when it was published.

BBC have just put up a final table predictor. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44972853

I did it fairly quickly but ended up with:

Man City

Liverpool

Arsenal

Tottenham

Man Utd

Chelsea

Leicester

Everton

West Ham

Wolves

Saints

Fulham

Brighton

Watford

Newcastle

Huddersfield

Burnley

Palace

Bournemouth

Cardiff

Cardiff aside, who I think are the weakest side in the league by some margin, there's not really any weak sides any more. I think it's possible Bournemouth could find it their year to struggle, Palace rely heavily on Zaha and have lost Cabaye, and Burnley will survive but Europe and a small squad will be telling. We will click at some point hence the mid table spot but I have rose tinted specs on slightly. Brighton and Fulham have made some good signings and it's possibly they could finish higher, West Ham could also finish higher but I didn't have the stomach to do it in the table. United will implode under Mourinho.

BBC have just put up a final table predictor. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44972853

Man City

Liverpool

Arsenal

Tottenham

Man Utd

Chelsea

Leicester

Everton

West Ham

Wolves

Saints

Fulham

Brighton

Watford

Newcastle

Huddersfield

Burnley

Palace

Bournemouth

Cardiff

Cardiff aside, who I think are the weakest side in the league by some margin, there's not really any weak sides any more. I think it's possible Bournemouth could find it their year to struggle, Palace rely heavily on Zaha and have lost Cabaye, and Burnley will survive but Europe and a small squad will be telling. We will click at some point hence the mid table spot but I have rose tinted specs on slightly. Brighton and Fulham have made some good signings and it's possibly they could finish higher, West Ham could also finish higher but I didn't have the stomach to do it in the table. United will implode under Mourinho.

Don't be silly, getting more games for your players just means that they understand each other's game better. Squad rotation is for the weak!

Man City

Liverpool

Arsenal

Tottenham

Man Utd

Chelsea

Leicester

Everton

West Ham

Wolves

Saints

Fulham

Brighton

Watford

Newcastle

Huddersfield

Burnley

Palace

Bournemouth

Cardiff

Last season half the bloody league was weak. Why is this season going to be any different.

So weird people get so carried away with the transfer window.

Spoiler alert: half the league will be a load of old dross and three quarters of these players that are being signed for twenty odd million will be sh it.

Huddersfield and Bournemouth will both struggle massively, here’s hoping. Would love them both to go down, found the love-in from every corner about everything Huddersfield did last season utterly nauseating.

Last year Huddersfield were royally predicted to be everyone's whipping boys and very few would have predicted Stoke, WBA and Swansea to go down

Unfortunately I predict Bournemouth and Brighton to again be above us at the end of the season especially if we cant get a decent target man onto the pitch

They all seem pretty reasonable for a team that just avoided relegation, haven't made any major signings and have a manager who last managed a team that wasn't doing well in the PL.

We can hope for more, but it would be a surprise to most neutrals.

So just like Leicester a few seasons back. No one predicted Burnley as last seasons surprise package or thought Stoke and West Brom would get relegated.

Outside the top six everyone is a bit crap in the PL. Any team that can be a decent start and a bit of confidence can finish " of the rest" and no team outside the top six is more than a couple of injuries and some crap form away from relegation.

Cardiff

Huddersfield

Allison, who by some is being touted as the best keeper in the world, will make a howler within his first 3 games

.....so 5 go down this year,some expert......

Champs: Manchester City

CL spots in some order: Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur

Nailed on to finish 5th and 6th: Chelsea, Arsenal

Boringly mid-table: Everton, Leicester City, West Ham United

Struggle but probably stay up: Wolves, Saints, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace, AFC Bournemouth, Watford, Fulham, Burnley

Struggle and probably go down: Brighton & Hove Albion, Huddersfield Town, Cardiff

But to be honest, any of the bottom three groups could either finish 7th or go down, not a lot between them. Except for Everton who boringly wont go down and wont finish top 6, they will just be there in the middle somewhere. Arsenal may be a surprise package but I think Chelsea will be way off top 4, but still way better than the next best.

Edited by aintforever

Cardiff

Huddersfield

Benitez might have walked away before the season even starts.

I reckon Huddersfield, Burnley and Palace. Got a feeling Warnock will keep Cardiff up, just.

https://statsbomb.com/2018/08/southampton-2018-19-season-preview/

This is, IMO, a good independent summary, including the following:

Even with the jumbled mess that has become the Premier League below the top six, it’s hard to come up with an argument that Southampton are going to be good for 2018–19. The grind it out football Southampton played in those final eight games probably isn’t sustainable through an entire season, in part because teams managed by Mark Hughes previously haven’t maintained this level of defensive solidity, and, generic as this may sound, it’s genuinely a struggle to see where the goals will come from.

Would have to say right now that we are likely to be in the relegation scrap for at least part of the season.

When we started buying early I was optimistic about the season ahead. However, I thought there would be at least 2 more signings and Hughes is now saying that our business is done. Given that we've failed to sort a couple of key issues and opted for Vestergaard over Gibson, I'm concerned. The pre-season performances have shown that we've not really improved anything after last season.

SUNDAY TIMES

1 Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Man Utd

5. Arsenal

6. Spurs

7. WHA

8. Everton

9. Wolves

10. Leicester

11. Watford

12. Brighton

13. Burnley

14. Palace

15. Fulham

16. Newcastle

17. Bournemouth

18. SAINTS

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield

STAR MAN............................ Ryan Bertrand

MAN WITH POINT TO PROVE...... Mario Lemina (More yellow cards than goals suggests unwarranted petulance

PROSPECTS............................. The fact that no big clubs have cherry picked the squad beyond Dusan Tadic just goes to show how shorn of quailty it is

SUNDAY TIMES

18. SAINTS

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield

PROSPECTS............................. The fact that no big clubs have cherry picked the squad beyond Dusan Tadic just goes to show how shorn of quailty it is

Meanwhile just 2 years before..............

"They aren't a top-six club. Not yet. But neither are they a bubble waiting to pop"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10584908/the-southampton-way-a-blueprint-for-others-to-follow-says-niall-quinn .....oops!

and

https://eplindex.com/69759/southampton-fc-blueprint-clubs-following.html ......eek!

or

https://eplindex.com/69759/southampton-fc-blueprint-clubs-following.html .....ouch!

SUNDAY TIMES

1 Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Man Utd

5. Arsenal

6. Spurs

7. WHA

8. Everton

9. Wolves

10. Leicester

11. Watford

12. Brighton

13. Burnley

14. Palace

15. Fulham

16. Newcastle

17. Bournemouth

18. SAINTS

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield

STAR MAN............................ Ryan Bertrand

MAN WITH POINT TO PROVE...... Mario Lemina (More yellow cards than goals suggests unwarranted petulance

PROSPECTS.................

............. The fact that no big clubs have cherry picked the squad beyond Dusan Tadic just goes to show how shorn of quailty it is

Ha ha love it.

Basically Saints one day will have nobody left that any premiership team would want to buy.

About as up beat an assessment as I can find

The gap between themselves and the top half may have only been eight points, but Saints were very poor on occasion last season. Hughes may have steadied the ship, yet with those around them strengthening accordingly and able to call upon a degree of consistency in the dugout, it could be a transitional season for the south coast side rather than one of any real progression. Consolidating a top-flight spot should be easy enough, however, with Saints to finish in the bottom half is available at 1.62. Hardly odds to shout home about, but there isn’t much value in Hughes’ side coming into the campaign

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/OwzuGw2F60ylcLQIxsblUA/Show/Southampton-Season-Preview-Can-Saints-stave-off-relegation-again

And the saintsweb view in the Guardian though Steve seems a lot more optimistic than the majority of saintsweb...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/05/premier-league-2018-19-fans-previews-part-2-leicester-to-wolves

Relatively optimistic after a fairly proactive summer. Some key holes have been filled with new recruits and business done in uncharacteristically quick fashion. I’m expecting an improvement on last season’s dreadful fare – let’s face it, that really shouldn’t be too difficult – but I don’t think there’s a quick fix to getting us back into the top half.

12th-15th?

The problem with that being 'realistic', is that 9th, 10th, 11th will likely be 2 or 3 points higher than that. It's not some greatly superior season of great players all performing to potential.

9th-15th is usually just a random order of rubbish teams divided by luck, injuries and less incompetent management than rivals.

Where do you think we’ll finish adrian? 6th, 7th, 8th? All that was holding us back was Pellegrino according to you.