Fans Forum

Batman

Fan Forum round up for those who cant watch/listen.

Pre Forum:

Blackmore saying it is refreshing to speak to Hughes weekly. He will tell you how it is and he know the local media are not trying to catch him out with daft questions.

This is the first of a number of 'forums' this season. Reminder that there is an open training session (free of charge) on Thursday, including a fan zone for all.

Talking about Saints Voice with the leader Kylie. Hopeful for ideas on how to improve fan experience.

Fans Forum:

Q. Les, last season Pell (and honourable man) did we take too long to move him on.

A. Easy to say yes in hindsight. There was a lot to consider and timing was a big factor. We had mark in 24 hours after moving him on and that was important with our timing.

Q. Ralph, we have new silent owners. How much are they involved

A. 1 year since Mr Gao came in. He has been in contact minimum weekly. He is very interested and in love with the club. Strategically, he is on board with how we operate. He knows the club belongs to the fans. Now we move forward.

Q. Les, if the famed black box worked efficiently, what happened with Carillo

A. He is still our player, we assessed him as having the right attributes to be a saint. We dont get it right 100% nor do we get it 100% wrong. He suffered with the onus put on him.

he will develop in Spain. There is more to come from him. We knew about Guido regardless of Pellegrino, he ticked a lot of boxes. He was like Pelle in a way.

Q. In 2 years we have gone from a top 6 side to relegation fodder, sacked 2 managers. Why have you not resigned Mr Reed.

A. Ralph replies - thank you for the passion. We as a staff report to the owners. We have been together for 5 years/10 transfer windows. Last season, we had to roll our sleeves up.

Take the last 5 years, we had 4 excellent years and last year got out of focus. If the owners wanted change, we both would have stepped down. I have seldom worked with a man like Les, he worked for SFC and the ownership backs us up. We are not here to be popular but to be respected.

Q. Les, where are the cups in this years targets

A. we just want to win matches. Importance of the cups is always up there. We have done well in the last 2 season and want another good cup run.

Q. Mr Gao has taken over the majority of the club. He has barely spoken and that was a year ago. What are his ambitions

A. He is a very private person, much like Kat. He feels comfortable with the staff speak for him. He is speaking through us to you. It is transparent.

he has a sustainable model and carry on the clubs model.

Q. is there an increased ambition given we were told he was brought in to take us further.

A. we were purchased as he likes the way we do our business. We are expanding in China and that takes time. Gao believes in t he city and the club.

Q. Some moron asking about expansion.

A. Ralph - nothing changed. Until we sell out every week, we wont be expanding

Q. What is our 5 year plan. Where are we going

A. it always a loose 5 year cycle. first 5 year cycle, we got into the prem in 3. Essentially, we want to get back into Europe. To do that, we must be in the top half.

we believe Mark can do that. We are simply not satisfied with just remaining in the league, we have to be up there in the top half challenging

Hughes - Most outside the club have admired Southampton in recent years and we will get better and back to the top half. We are a top level side and a top half side. The challenge is top be top of our league. We have to do everything to be the side that jumps in if a top 6 side has a bad season.

We will be judged by our actions. The club worked hard right through the summer. As manager I am very satisfied with the window. now we have to win games. Pre season, you dont need to win, now we do.

Q. Danny, what made you sign for Saints

A. Love this club. Had a difficult time with Liverpool, have been good for the last year but their front 3 are quite good. Am excited to be here.

I started well with Liverpool under Rogers, got and England call. Klopp is a great manager and have huge respect for him and have worked with some really good players.

I have been fully fit for a season and raring to go.

Q. Good god, the first Look at me fan...Net spend, 2013-2018. We are in profit. Why are we not looking at £30-40m players.

A. We have increased the premier league level players in the squad. You all want a big squad, so that is what we are trying to do.

Les - Net spend figures that are published are incredibly inaccurate, always. We are in a shifting marked place. Lets say we spent £30m, he will comes with £150k a week wage bill, his signing on fees will be big as his agents fee and loyalty fees. Spending that sort of money is not our strategy, regardless if Bournemouth have.

We work long term, we have bought players for very good fees, it is the way we operate. We ultimately buy players with potential. We like to make them better. Use the Southampton Pathway. They will then come to the attention of the bigger clubs. All money goes back into the side. This model has brought us success and no reason to change it.

Q. Mark, what do you think on how the club operates?

A. In comparison to other clubs I have been at, this club works day to day very well. There will always be frustrations and I get that it is a difficult business.

I do not think we will struggle this season. You never know but I just cannot see it.

The players are ready to give more than last season, the quality we have is good and we will have a good season.

Q. Mark, what is your opinion on Style of play....we have bee frustrated with the blunt attack.

A. I get that. Many teams hide the football. I want my teams to attack more. Obviously at times, you have to retain possession. As a rule, I want the ball at t he top end of the pitch unlike what has been the case here before. It is hard to break premier league sides down. The must be given license to make mistakes, to take risks in order to make those chances.

We are still trying to make the players more confident than they have been. We have players with that bit of stardust, and we have to allow players like Nathan Redmond and your frustrations do sometime make it a little harder for him. He understands that but we must allow him to try.

Since I have been here, not really heard any negativity. Heard it was going on at t he ground before my time.

Q. Les, where do you see our academy in the next 5 years.

A. The players do come through in waves, the recruitment in the academy has been excellent and some very talented kids at the younger age groups. Significant work has gone in at that level. We now play against foreign opposition and take the boys on more tours. We dont like to shout about too much. The younger lads are incredibly successful. The idea is that we develop players for the first team. It is harder for the players to get into the squad, the benchmark is higher. They have to be international standard to get into the side, where that was not the case a few year ago. We have more players in various national side development teams outside of city, united, chelsea. It is misleading to say we dont produce players anymore as we are. Just it is far harder for them to play in the 1st team. Chelsea and City have a different strategy to us. The Chelsea model work very well as it is used as a business as opposed to a view of playing for their 1st team. But that is not how we view the academy.

Q. Ralph is the club in good health

A. Yes it is, we have to improve communications and interaction with the fans. We are extremely disciplined and that makes us financially healthy. We hope Saints Voiceis a success, with a few more fans forums.

Q. Mark, 1997 was our last win up at Everton.

A. Wont be an easy game, they have a lot of new players. We should have won up there not so long ago. Even though the huge blow at the end of the game, the players were determined to put it right.

That is it. Les and Ralph got a pretty tough ride with Hughes was on fine form....

Thought Adam hosted that well enough given the obvious daggers out for Les and Ralph.....

Pre Forum:

Blackmore saying it is refreshing to speak to Hughes weekly. He will tell you how it is and he know the local media are not trying to catch him out with daft questions.

This is the first of a number of 'forums' this season. Reminder that there is an open training session (free of charge) on Thursday, including a fan zone for all.

Talking about Saints Voice with the leader Kylie. Hopeful for ideas on how to improve fan experience.

Fans Forum:

Q. Les, last season Pell (and honourable man) did we take too long to move him on.

A. Easy to say yes in hindsight. There was a lot to consider and timing was a big factor. We had mark in 24 hours after moving him on and that was important with our timing.

A. 1 year since Mr Gao came in. He has been in contact minimum weekly. He is very interested and in love with the club. Strategically, he is on board with how we operate. He knows the club belongs to the fans. Now we move forward.

A. He is still our player, we assessed him as having the right attributes to be a saint. We dont get it right 100% nor do we get it 100% wrong. He suffered with the onus put on him.

he will develop in Spain. There is more to come from him. We knew about Guido regardless of Pellegrino, he ticked a lot of boxes. He was like Pelle in a way.

Q. In 2 years we have gone from a top 6 side to relegation fodder, sacked 2 managers. Why have you not resigned Mr Reed.

A. Ralph replies - thank you for the passion. We as a staff report to the owners. We have been together for 5 years/10 transfer windows. Last season, we had to roll our sleeves up.

Take the last 5 years, we had 4 excellent years and last year got out of focus. If the owners wanted change, we both would have stepped down. I have seldom worked with a man like Les, he worked for SFC and the ownership backs us up. We are not here to be popular but to be respected.

A. we just want to win matches. Importance of the cups is always up there. We have done well in the last 2 season and want another good cup run.

Q. Mr Gao has taken over the majority of the club. He has barely spoken and that was a year ago. What are his ambitions

A. He is a very private person, much like Kat. He feels comfortable with the staff speak for him. He is speaking through us to you. It is transparent.

Q. is there an increased ambition given we were told he was brought in to take us further.

A. we were purchased as he likes the way we do our business. We are expanding in China and that takes time. Gao believes in t he city and the club.

A. it always a loose 5 year cycle. first 5 year cycle, we got into the prem in 3. Essentially, we want to get back into Europe. To do that, we must be in the top half.

we believe Mark can do that. We are simply not satisfied with just remaining in the league, we have to be up there in the top half challenging

Hughes - Most outside the club have admired Southampton in recent years and we will get better and back to the top half. We are a top level side and a top half side. The challenge is top be top of our league. We have to do everything to be the side that jumps in if a top 6 side has a bad season.

We will be judged by our actions. The club worked hard right through the summer. As manager I am very satisfied with the window. now we have to win games. Pre season, you dont need to win, now we do.

A. Love this club. Had a difficult time with Liverpool, have been good for the last year but their front 3 are quite good. Am excited to be here.

I started well with Liverpool under Rogers, got and England call. Klopp is a great manager and have huge respect for him and have worked with some really good players.

Q. Good god, the first Look at me fan...Net spend, 2013-2018. We are in profit. Why are we not looking at £30-40m players.

A. We have increased the premier league level players in the squad. You all want a big squad, so that is what we are trying to do.

Les - Net spend figures that are published are incredibly inaccurate, always. We are in a shifting marked place. Lets say we spent £30m, he will comes with £150k a week wage bill, his signing on fees will be big as his agents fee and loyalty fees. Spending that sort of money is not our strategy, regardless if Bournemouth have.

We work long term, we have bought players for very good fees, it is the way we operate. We ultimately buy players with potential. We like to make them better. Use the Southampton Pathway. They will then come to the attention of the bigger clubs. All money goes back into the side. This model has brought us success and no reason to change it.

A. In comparison to other clubs I have been at, this club works day to day very well. There will always be frustrations and I get that it is a difficult business.

I do not think we will struggle this season. You never know but I just cannot see it.

The players are ready to give more than last season, the quality we have is good and we will have a good season.

Q. Mark, what is your opinion on Style of play....we have bee frustrated with the blunt attack.

A. I get that. Many teams hide the football. I want my teams to attack more. Obviously at times, you have to retain possession. As a rule, I want the ball at t he top end of the pitch unlike what has been the case here before. It is hard to break premier league sides down. The must be given license to make mistakes, to take risks in order to make those chances.

We are still trying to make the players more confident than they have been. We have players with that bit of stardust, and we have to allow players like Nathan Redmond and your frustrations do sometime make it a little harder for him. He understands that but we must allow him to try.

Since I have been here, not really heard any negativity. Heard it was going on at t he ground before my time.

A. The players do come through in waves, the recruitment in the academy has been excellent and some very talented kids at the younger age groups. Significant work has gone in at that level. We now play against foreign opposition and take the boys on more tours. We dont like to shout about too much. The younger lads are incredibly successful. The idea is that we develop players for the first team. It is harder for the players to get into the squad, the benchmark is higher. They have to be international standard to get into the side, where that was not the case a few year ago. We have more players in various national side development teams outside of city, united, chelsea. It is misleading to say we dont produce players anymore as we are. Just it is far harder for them to play in the 1st team. Chelsea and City have a different strategy to us. The Chelsea model work very well as it is used as a business as opposed to a view of playing for their 1st team. But that is not how we view the academy.

A. Yes it is, we have to improve communications and interaction with the fans. We are extremely disciplined and that makes us financially healthy. We hope Saints Voiceis a success, with a few more fans forums.

A. Wont be an easy game, they have a lot of new players. We should have won up there not so long ago. Even though the huge blow at the end of the game, the players were determined to put it right.

That is it. Les and Ralph got a pretty tough ride with Hughes was on fine form....

Thought Adam hosted that well enough given the obvious daggers out for Les and Ralph.....

Fck me batman are you a PA?

So exactly how many fans asked question?....

Why are we spending 3 mins talking about Klopp and Liverpool?

It was nothing more than a pre match presser.

The hierarchy got off so lightly.

Too much Blackmore....not enough depth and insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So exactly how many fans asked question?....

Why are we spending 3 mins talking about Klopp and Liverpool?

It was nothing more than a pre match presser.

The hierarchy got off so lightly.

Too much Blackmore....not enough depth and insight.

I honestly feel that Adam took over at times due to the heckling from the crowed toward Les/Ralph.

An hour is never enough time though

Waffle Waffle Waffle Waffle

What a waste of time.

MH leaves with credibility. Les and Ralph as expected. Arrogant ****s that need to leave

At least they are now under no illusions of what the fans think !

Difficult questions were asked and although they sidestepped most of them at least the issues were raised in public !

So no, not a waste of time at all !

Adam did a fine just b at holding things together. He had to prevent it turning into a shouting match. I expect the two directors are certain that few want them here.

Adam's a great broadcaster.... I'm glad he didn't let that happen and he wouldn't because he's a professional but he definitely, definitely helped deflect a lot of the difficult stuff.

I thought it was reasonable. Not sure why Blackmore talked about Ings time at Liverpool or Saturday's game at Everton. Those are normal weekly press conference things. Time for fans questions was short and he should have got as many in as possible.

Not sure why other fans criticise the questions. If you went and didn't get a chance to ask then fair enough, but if you didn't go then you can't complain about those that did.

At least they are now under no illusions of what the fans think !

Difficult questions were asked and although they sidestepped most of them at least the issues were raised in public !

So no, not a waste of time at all !

If Les n Ralphy needed the fans forum to establish that fans are unhappy then God help us.

Who is it they remind me of?

giphy.gif

maybe but that’s not Ralph or Les’s fault, they aren’t the ones calling the shots

It's more the irritation of it being completely obvious from the very start that he didn't have the money to take us to the next level (and potentially doesn't even have enough to keep us at the level we've already reached).

The fact that the club mouthpieces are now happy to walk back the original claim about the reason for the sale feels pretty conclusive.

Not sure why they bother with these things as most football fans are complete idiots and the rest are perennially unhappy whatever so you are going to get ignorant questions and angry questions. Like asking why they didn't resign as if they are going to suddenly turn round and go 'oh yeah, we should have done that', idiotic question.

Edited by tajjuk

I like the Muppets one.

Someone with a better handle on net spend would have tied those turds up in knots tonight.

Classic Ralph turning a question about 3-5 year net spend into "we were top 10 this summer"

He was politely being reminded about the vvd sale and was keen to move on sharpish

I think bunsen n beaker think fans are complete idiots

My highlights

“Saints cost me two wives”

“I’d rather expand stadium than sign players”

“GO ON SPARKY”

“Best day of my life Swansea away”

that was ALWAYS_SFC wasn't it

Horrendous

So nobody asked why the beer tastes like pi.ss :)

To be honest I was listening to it in Marseille and many of the questions needed asking were said.

Does anyone know who this guy is as many people were stopping and wanting to speak to him tonight in the restaurant we were in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2731&stc=1

267E56AA-ED8B-403B-92D5-6DF437FDF65A.jpg

It's more the irritation of it being completely obvious from the very start that he didn't have the money to take us to the next level (and potentially doesn't even have enough to keep us at the level we've already reached).

The fact that the club mouthpieces are now happy to walk back the original claim about the reason for the sale feels pretty conclusive.

To be fair I doubt Les has much dealing with Gao. Krueger seems to be the main point person but he’s unlikely to be in constant contact. Basically it was Kats decision to sell the club and it was her statements that trumpeted Gao’s ambition. Les and Ralph are bureaucrats and are taking and working with what they’ve been given.

Pre Forum:

Fans Forum:

Thanks for the summary. Appreciated.

That bloke seriously posts on here?!? Utter melt, why it took him 19 hours to say “what’s going on with the net spend then Ralph” and had to chuck in nonsense about his sex life is beyond me.

Be careful the company you keep on here pal - that’s all I can say.

My highlights

“Saints cost me two wives”

“I’d rather expand stadium than sign players”

“GO ON SPARKY”

“Best day of my life Swansea away”

Thats Wiggy I play football with him....Ill kick him harder next week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk