Fans Forum

Batman

No doubt all the big issues will be discussed.

“I’m Martin from Totton and I’ve been a season ticket holder for 60 years, man and boy, never missed a game. I’m disappointed with the colour of the new turf and the concourse bar doesn’t serve Old Thumper...”

Boring ****-waving contest usually. I’ll be keenly watching on though to see what’s said... if it happens.

“I’m Martin from Totton and I’ve been a season ticket holder for 60 years, man and boy, never missed a game. I’m disappointed with the colour of the new turf and the concourse bar doesn’t serve Old Thumper...”

Boring ****-waving contest usually. I’ll be keenly watching on though to see what’s said... if it happens.

Old Thumper would be amazing. Sort it out Les.

This always makes me laugh at work when women moan about sharing toilets with men ... do these people have separate mens and ladies loos at home? :lol:

Maybe they are part of a homosexual or non-binary couple. You are a bloated narrow minded bigot who just assume everyone should live like you.

That is EXACTLY how it'll be, these things never change. No doubt many in ill-fitting shirts will be complaining about the new red catwalk, the loud sound, the intro music, the standard of hotdogs and how they never lived up to Rupert Lowe's promise. In fact they'll still be blaming Lowe for everything and wondering when he'll open his chequebook.

Why would anyone attend one of these things? No one is going to be happy in less Ralph says "**** it we are just going to spend until our eyes bleed and I'm happy to announce the triple signing of Messi, Neymar and Bale and our new owner Sheik Ali ****ing Loaded."

made me chuckle a bit..............good lad.

£4.40 for a can of Tetleys the other night....Brighton used to have a cask of real ale from local area of team they were playing It was Ringwood best when Ricky got sent off 0-3 loss.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You lucky bugger, we only had the option of Carlsberg or Somersby Cider on our concourse!!! That said its still cheaper than Chelsea last season where a pint was north of a Fiver last season......... some lads were mucking about one knocked the other and slopped his pint and some wag piped up "steady on lads he has just thrown a quid on the floor"!!!

As for flippant questions, mine would be, which plonker came up with the great idea to mount a big slab of a "You Are Here" layout map of SMS complex directly plum on line with the Ted Bates statue?

Its definitely the kind of thing that football manager nerd would attend.

If you mean me... then you are wrong. I have never attended a fans forum, they are pointless.

Crab Lungs summed them up well...

No doubt all the big issues will be discussed. “I’m Martin from Totton and I’ve been a season ticket holder for 60 years, man and boy, never missed a game. I’m disappointed with the colour of the new turf and the concourse bar doesn’t serve Old Thumper...”

Be good if people post the kind of things they would like asked.

If anybody from the forum attends, potentially ask one of the questions from this thread?

These things tend to be **** though with nobody asking questions we actually care about.

If anybody from the forum attends, potentially ask one of the questions from this thread?

These things tend to be **** though with nobody asking questions we actually care about.

I cant see anyone sticking their neck out to be shot at on here!

I guess if anyone goes to the trouble of getting a ticket they probably will want to ask their own question. Yes it will be a bit ****.

5 guarantees

Most who ask questions will tell everyone how long they have had a ST

There will be an angry exchange about ladies football/toilets/gender

Ralph will waffle like he is on crack when pushed for answers

someone will complain about the lights/red training area on the side of pitch

someone will be an utter simpleton

Edited by Batman

I cant see anyone sticking their neck out to be shot at on here!

Would love for somebody to ask a difficult question about the second Forster extension or the Carrillo transfer, seeing as it's tied Hughes' hands behind his back this summer when we needed further new blood. Would have gone as well but commuting from Devon for a game is one thing, for a fans forum is a bit much.

Best one was mid-90s and Souness, some great one liners although understandably a lot of questions about Stoneham at the time to Andrew Cowan.

5 guarantees

Les will pull a sickie?

I wonder who the first team player will be?

James Ward-Prowse probably, got to be someone from the academy.

If we lose against Burnley, things might get a bit heated.

And the December and May ones will be more interesting, depending on how our season goes. Nobody really knows, at this stage, how our season will pan out.

Would love for somebody to ask a difficult question about the second Forster extension or the Carrillo transfer, seeing as it's tied Hughes' hands behind his back this summer when we needed further new blood. Would have gone as well but commuting from Devon for a game is one thing, for a fans forum is a bit much.

Best one was mid-90s and Souness, some great one liners although understandably a lot of questions about Stoneham at the time to Andrew Cowan.

Given we have 42m out on loan, just employed/sacked the worst manager I have ever seen, a keeper who was given an extension to his contract and now 4th choice - why are you all still in a job?

Basically everything Batman just predicted, especially the Ralph bit.

I’d love someone to ask what was thinking behind the Carillo signing considering we sacked the manager who desperately wanted him not too long after. I can guarantee you won’t get an honest or straight answer to that - or admission of any mistake.

1. Why was Fraser forster given new 5 year contract on the back of a poor season and only 12 months after previous extension?

2. Why have club not invested in a striker who can hold the ball up and also get beyond the backline using pace?

3. Is the lack of creativity and entertaining football acknowledged from within?

4. What changes have been made to try and remedy recent poor recruitment performance?

5. Why do we have to sell before we buy given we are being outspent on individual purchases by smaller clubs with less revenue?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

There's no point picking over past mistakes. I want information on what Gao's strategy is, why he bought the club and what investment he might make. I want a developing feeling within the club that fans aren't prepared to be taken for mugs indefinitely (even though lots are).

Fans need to stop taking crap from these idiots.

WHU fans proving what's possible with a show of passion

These clowns have had it far too easy. Unfortunately our fanbase lacks passion

So you'll be their putting the in depth hard questions to the board then as the voice of the fans? Fair play I look forward to your report on here when it's over.

5 guarantees

Are you going then? ;)

So you'll be their putting the in depth hard questions to the board then as the voice of the fans? Fair play I look forward to your report on here when it's over.

Hahahahaha... of course he won`t, he will just spout off on here unabated and berate our fan base for doing nothing whilst doing zilch himself...

There's no point picking over past mistakes. I want information on what Gao's strategy is, why he bought the club and what investment he might make. I want a developing feeling within the club that fans aren't prepared to be taken for mugs indefinitely (even though lots are).

While I appreciate the general sentiment there, the club is currently in a situation whereby a number of past mistakes are holding it back in the present day, so I think reviewing those mistakes is a good idea on this occasion if only to refocus minds in the hope that we learn from them. We're seemingly unable to sign any new players now until we've sold one or two, because we've accumulated a bloated squad on massive wages who we now can't get rid of.

As above, why was Forster given an extended contract when his previous year - the first year of an already-lucrative long-term deal - could charitably be described as "par"? Why, when the chairman has acknowledged that they had doubts about Pellegrino for some time, was a club record fee sanctioned for a player whose credentials never fitted what we were really looking for and was seemingly brought in because of his prior connection with the untrusted manager? From a non-footballing perspective, why does the ticket office persist in sending tickets - whether season tickets or individual match tickets - out at the last possible moment, giving themselves no time to resolve any issues?

That said, I am also very interested in what Gao's strategy/motive is, although ultimately, fans of pretty much every club will always be taken for mugs indefinitely. That's the way football is, especially at the top level, these days.

While I appreciate the general sentiment there, the club is currently in a situation whereby a number of past mistakes are holding it back in the present day, so I think reviewing those mistakes is a good idea on this occasion if only to refocus minds in the hope that we learn from them. We're seemingly unable to sign any new players now until we've sold one or two, because we've accumulated a bloated squad on massive wages who we now can't get rid of.

As above, why was Forster given an extended contract when his previous year - the first year of an already-lucrative long-term deal - could charitably be described as "par"? Why, when the chairman has acknowledged that they had doubts about Pellegrino for some time, was a club record fee sanctioned for a player whose credentials never fitted what we were really looking for and was seemingly brought in because of his prior connection with the untrusted manager? From a non-footballing perspective, why does the ticket office persist in sending tickets - whether season tickets or individual match tickets - out at the last possible moment, giving themselves no time to resolve any issues?

That said, I am also very interested in what Gao's strategy/motive is, although ultimately, fans of pretty much every club will always be taken for mugs indefinitely. That's the way football is, especially at the top level, these days.

The ticket point is an ongoing procedural issue so I agree that's worth looking at.

I just feel asking about specific player-related decisions will be a waste of time. They aren't going to say, "yeah, Forster is ****e and god knows what we were thinking". They'll just say they did their best to tie players to long term deals, to keep the squad together, blah, blah, blah.

If the forum is used to query specific transfer deals and contract decisions we won't learn anything at all as no one is going to throw someone under the bus or acknowledge there is a lack of leadership and direction. The best way to find out why it's gone tits up is to understand the constraints related to the Liebherr - Gao deal. IMO.