Burnley Build up

Dazza82

Hoedt needs to be left out. Let V and Yoshi start forming a partnership in the middle. Ings should come on for the old club principle. Lemina and Romeu in middle for me. Gabbi up front with Long, not Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope the boys can hit the floor running this afternoon and we get the perfect start to the season.

TBH i am not at all confident for the coming season.

I think our defence is made of glass and our midfield offer little protection.

I don't think confidence is running particularly high at all but i'm hoping that a win in our first match of the season will change that.

C'mon Saints!!

"Team walk"... What's that all about? :)

08383f99a0fcb71efa56dcce8e81b57a.jpg

Doing what a lot of other teams do - Players stay together at a hotel the night before home games now and arrive at St Mary's on the team coach. Bet a few fans were disappointed this morning after turning up the usual 4 hours before kick off to get autographs, only for the team to turn up 2 hours later than usual!

**** me, the Chuckle Brothers are back, I thought we'd seen the last of them.

Yoshida and Bednarek should be starting, instead we've got to look forward to a Hoedt-Stephens disaster waiting to happen.

Agreed. Will have to score 2 as there will be at least one clanger from these two. You’d have thought, given their respective performances in pre season, that Hughes would have seen enough.

My guess the line up it looks something like:

———————— McCarthy ——————-

—— Stephens ——Vestergaard—— Hoedt ——

Cedric ——————————————————— Bertrand

—————- Lemina ——————- Romeu ————-

——————————- Armstrong —————————-

——- Redmond ——————————- Austin —————

As long as we have little pace or direct running in the side, we are under pressure to play Redmond. That’s as clear today as it was in 2016. Hopefully Ings changes that dynamic but it’s not ideal.

Edited by shurlock

At least Stephens and Hoedt are playing against limited pace and skill if we played liverpool with that lineup we could be conceding double figures...

Which suggests three at the back isn't really necessary for this game. Most likely we will have 3 CBs trying mark one isolated front man out of the game.