Did we learn anything from last season?

Heisenberg

Rewind to end of last season and Ralph telling us how we would learn, come back stronger, no repeats blabla :rolleyes:

Are we stronger?

Have we learnt anything?

Another poor transfer window + same old failed and greedy club management system in charge.

Where is the feel good that Ralph promised us?

I learnt that Heisenberg is a wind up merchant and that it is best to put him on ignore. Unfortunately the c nut starts up threads with wind ups in the title.

I have also learnt that he uses other log ins and that Cabbage face will soon go the way of our Kenyan friend.

I thought we needed a major shake-up up front this summer but all we have done is get rid of a striker. I’m not convinced either Armstrong or Mo is as good as Tadic either so might be weaker there as well.
Have to agree with that. Also just bringing in one defender and concentrating our relatively meagre resources on midfield is a bad idea. I fully expect us to bring in at least one more attacking signing but then I fully expected us to bring in a cb two January's ago and a heck of a lot more signings last January so I'll likely be disappointed again.

I learnt that Heisenberg is a wind up merchant and that it is best to put him on ignore. Unfortunately the c nut starts up threads with wind ups in the title.

I have also learnt that he uses other log ins and that Cabbage face will soon go the way of our Kenyan friend.

Heisenberg isn't cabbage face. He's original Bournemouth Saint and Glasgow.

I thought we needed a major shake-up up front this summer but all we have done is get rid of a striker. I’m not convinced either Armstrong or Mo is as good as Tadic either so might be weaker there as well.

Agreed. Our recruitment has been very poor for a while now.

Millions wasted.

Same idiots making the same mistakes

Right, so Heisenberg/Glasgow/Bournemouth is a wind up merchant, and a pro at that.

However, there is many a true word said in jest/winduppery, and this is correct. We haven't learnt our lessons.

We have employed the cheap manager and invested in the cheap players.

I have just put a large amount on us getting relegated (8/1 on Skybet still - it's not going to last for long so I suggest you load on) because of the incompetent way this club is being managed.

"We" thought we had a model that all other clubs should copy, "we" revelled in the lime light and thought we were miles better than we actually were. No individual mattered, the system would win through. We could let talented senior leaders, back room staff, managers and players leave with no regard for the quality of the replacement as the system would sort them out.

In fact we had a model which only worked due to talented individuals, despite the system. The failure to understand that the individual is the most important thing (not the system) has been our downfall and will continue to be our downfall whilst the current management team remain in place. So no, we haven't learnt a thing.

Ps we also have a bloke with no football knowledge and no money as an owner so he is no help in any capacity either.

Not sure what's been greedy about the board this summer, spent far more than we received.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

VvD money mate. You know that

We are seeing newly promoted sides blowing us out of the water with spending

Seems little has been hoisted on board despite Ralph’s comments.

He has even mugged off the Fans Forum.

Edited by Batman

Why am I getting dragged into this, rather not be associated with people that over react to pre season friendlies. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This, we have a decent team and should not get relegated, I don't like the formation though I have to say I rather we played 4231, the formation is a hinderance atm as we don't have the players who can play it effectively, hope I am proved wrong though.

VvD money mate. You know that

We are seeing newly promoted sides blowing us out of the water with spending

Seems little has been hoisted on board despite Ralph’s comments.

He has even mugged off the Fans Forum.

Which of the promoted Clubs have blown us out of the water on spending?

Even Mark Hughes is admitting his team is rubbish on the main website.

Refreshingly honest.

I am placing a bet on relegation whilst the footballing pundits have us at mid table still, we’ll be odds on to go down within 10 weeks in my opinion.

Weakest Saints team in recent memory. Disengaged owner, probably being fed utter rubbish from the current Boardroom. Well his investment is about to plough in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We actually learnt alot, if you take of those depressing tinted glasses for one second and look at what you lot were moaning about.....

No Heading or Arial ability in the back line, so we sign a giant centre back who's main attribute is dealing with set pieces and headers, where like the world cup alot of goals are scored in our league.

No creative Winger - Signed a talented, young Norwegian chap who most of you were jizzing in your Sammie saints underwear about until we lost some meanigless friendlies.

Tadic is rubbish, sold him and then you all claim to be his biggest fans after spending two season calling for him to be dropped and that he is a "lazy showboating pony"

No creative midfielder, Signed a bargain chap from Scotland who after some meanigless friendlies the majority of you were jizzing in your sammie saints underwear about.

Forster is a wind sock, so we sign a very good young GK to understudy for McCarthy, but now suddenly McCarthy is rubbish after letting in one soft goal in a meaningless friendly and have totally forgotten if it wasnt for him in the last few games we wouldve gone down.

Moan that Bertrand and Cedric are either useless or "never smile" so therefore must offload them instantly and when/if we do sell them moan we are "selling all our talent".

So what we've learnt, 90% of fans are complete messes and should only really play Fifa and open those ****ty little packs which they believe is how all football is run.

We actually learnt alot, if you take of those depressing tinted glasses for one second and look at what you lot were moaning about.....

No Heading or Arial ability in the back line, so we sign a giant centre back who's main attribute is dealing with set pieces and headers, where like the world cup alot of goals are scored in our league.

No creative Winger - Signed a talented, young Norwegian chap who most of you were jizzing in your Sammie saints underwear about until we lost some meanigless friendlies.

Tadic is rubbish, sold him and then you all claim to be his biggest fans after spending two season calling for him to be dropped and that he is a "lazy showboating pony"

No creative midfielder, Signed a bargain chap from Scotland who after some meanigless friendlies the majority of you were jizzing in your sammie saints underwear about.

Forster is a wind sock, so we sign a very good young GK to understudy for McCarthy, but now suddenly McCarthy is rubbish after letting in one soft goal in a meaningless friendly and have totally forgotten if it wasnt for him in the last few games we wouldve gone down.

Moan that Bertrand and Cedric are either useless or "never smile" so therefore must offload them instantly and when/if we do sell them moan we are "selling all our talent".

So what we've learnt, 90% of fans are complete messes and should only really play Fifa and open those ****ty little packs which they believe is how all football is run.

Hilariously true :lol:

Can we make this post a sticky please?

Agree with most of that. However, one thing I think we don't appear to have addressed is lack of goals from our forwards. If you do as you always do, you get what you always got as they say. So far, I see no indication that our current set of forwards are going to suddenly turn into 15 goals a season men, which is what we are crying out for.

Pretty amusingly accurate.

I think the signings have been the right profile, whether they end up being good enough only time will tell, but ultimately that is down to the scouting department. I also think we need one more attacking player, most probably a wide attacker so we can play 4-2-3-1 and don't have to rely on Redmond (though I would be more ok with not signing one if Sims was going to get more gametime). Of course if we stick with 5-3-2 then we don't need any more wide players, but I'm not convinced that's the best approach for this squad.

Didn’t you get infracted for wetting your sammie saints underwear and calling our new CB a goggly pile of sh*te pal? That was even before seeing him kick a ball in anger :lol:

Didn’t you get infracted for wetting your sammie saints underwear and calling our new CB a goggly pile of sh*te pal? That was even before seeing him kick a ball in anger :lol:

After a few infractions he's decided it's safer to be a happy clappy troll.

Don't interfere with his process.

He's a bit like Lord D. Sits on the side of the minority... Fighting for the small people

He'll bounce around a bit before finding his "home"

My main concerns are:

- RB... are we stepping Valery up? Has Cedric really got the trots?

- Prem proven CB. Yoshida basically is that but that’s all we have... Vestergaard is an improvement on Hoedt... but then again, a traffic cone is. Stephens should be a last resort or trialled at DM perhaps

- Mane replacement still not solved technically. We struggle for pace going forward sometimes

- Carillo cock up not resolved... unless were gonna give Gallagher a fair crack if the whip

In the grand scheme of things were a bit unbalanced and there’s still a few areas we need to strengthen but this is a process and we need to be patient about it as we can’t undo it all in one window. We may be hamstrung by what we can do (sell before buy cos we haven’t actually fully shipped off Boufal, Clasie, Carillo etc.. and Forster is still lingering like an unflushable turd)

Edited by Crab Lungs

It wasn't just learning things, but starting to fix some abysmal mistakes across multiple transfer windows where frankly a 10 year old could have made more coherent decisions. Not replacing Fonte, second Forster extension, Carrillo and leaving it so late to sack Pellegrino, those are just a few of the tens of million pounds of worth of damage done. Boufal and Clasie I can live with, signing that hasn't worked out but might have done on paper. Plus the players Les has bought in that still stink the place attitudinally.

Tough task for Hughes, anything better than 15th is a very good season given the above. Hopefully we can shift some more of the bad apples to boost squad cohesion and Les is kept well away from first team matters.

Maaaaaaan. If we had a quid for every time a poster posted something like this last season we'd all be millionaires. "We'll be fine" "We're nowhere near relegation material", "get a grip ffs"... the arrogance is utterly stunning.

Last season’s lesson plan:

- Football is all about efficiency

- Losing every week is a sign of progress

- 4 record signings sat together on the bench is a sign of strength in depth

- Our Academy is going from strength to strength as demonstrated by relegation followed by a mid table finish

- Nathan Redmond is really good at running in a straight line towards opposing players then losing the ball. Undroppable!

- No reasonable chairman could possibly have noticed Pellegrino was a rabbit in the headlights until March.

To answer the OP, yes I think we’ve learned quite a lot from last season. Don’t repeat any of the above!