Happiness Tax

wild-saint

So what bets have people placed on Saints this season? A friend of mine often bets against Saints and calls it a happiness tax. Obviously if we win /draw he has paid a happiness tax but if we lose it cushions the blow.

Will Anyone be taking paying a cheeky happiness tax on relegation?

I call it insurance betting but "happiness bet" sounds right.

Made a shed load betting against us last season. For some reason bookies still always fancied (especially at home) was really easy money and genuinely does soften the blow of another defeat.

I also had 2 large bets on us being relegated and cashed out around the right time.

Will have money again on us being relegated and have a few quid already backing Burnley.

Happiness bets make sense

Made a shed load betting against us last season. For some reason bookies still always fancied (especially at home) was really easy money and genuinely does soften the blow of another defeat.

I also had 2 large bets on us being relegated and cashed out around the right time.

Will have money again on us being relegated and have a few quid already backing Burnley.

I got on Burnley at 5-1 to win yesterday. A steal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't bet,don't need the money,have never figured out how to do it on my phone and they are all miserable sods in the shop. However there is some money to be had with this lot.

I looked back at my betting history to see whether I am in the black or the red overall, as you tend to remember the wins but ignore the losses! I don't bet a huge amount though - most of the time just on tournaments - so a lot of my bets have been what I always termed "emotional hedges". Made over £700 when Pochettino joined Spurs that way, but have invariably lost the others (e.g. Saints relegation, Liverpool to win something).

7/1 feels about right, compared to last season when fans could see the odds were way too long considering how we were playing. Don't really like odds where I have to put quite a decent chunk of money on in order to get a suitably 'cushioning' win.

Last year I managed odds of 28-1 on relegation, and thought I was doing alright for it until that Hughes chap turned up.

This year I got 8-1 with Betfair, which have shortened since.

Historically, the team that finished one above the relegation zone has struggled the following season and more often than not been relegated.