Football Manager 2019

Matthew Le God

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
He is no longer manager of the under 23s, Jaidi is.

Hunter's job title is not one that the FM has in its database, so I removed him from the club.

Can you do the same with Kruger, Reed and Hughes but in real life?

On a serious question though, is this worth getting? I don't really play it that much but want something that I can just pick up and play every now and again.

• 1 month later...

On a serious question though, is this worth getting? I don't really play it that much but want something that I can just pick up and play every now and again.

I recently tried the demo.

After 20 minutes I was still trying to create my manager character. At the point that I had to decide whether I was a technical or something else style manager (essentially was I going to wear a suit or tracksuit at the touch line) and to then assign points to my various attributes I still felt ages away from actually being able to manage even a friendly match and deleted it.

There was i time when this series was an awesome football management game. Now, in the search for new features it seems to have morphed into a football RPG. I’m sure some love it but it isn’t for me anymore and probably not for anybody who wants to “pick up and play”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently tried the demo.

After 20 minutes I was still trying to create my manager character. At the point that I had to decide whether I was a technical or something else style manager (essentially was I going to wear a suit or tracksuit at the touch line) and to then assign points to my various attributes I still felt ages away from actually being able to manage even a friendly match and deleted it.

There was i time when this series was an awesome football management game. Now, in the search for new features it seems to have morphed into a football RPG. I’m sure some love it but it isn’t for me anymore and probably not for anybody who wants to “pick up and play”.

If you didn't want to spend ages creating a manager profile... why did you? You can skip through that bit very quickly and doesn't take anywhere near 20 minutes if you don't want it to.

There is also an FM touch version which comes with the full game and is a streamlined version allowing you to quickly progress through the game with fewer things to do.

• 2 weeks later...
If you didn't want to spend ages creating a manager profile... why did you? You can skip through that bit very quickly and doesn't take anywhere near 20 minutes if you don't want it to.

There is also an FM touch version which comes with the full game and is a streamlined version allowing you to quickly progress through the game with fewer things to do.

Because, for me this was a new feature.

When you get a new game and are presented with the first task, not knowing if it is important or not, do you instinctively skip through it or do you try to do it properly and see what it is about?

I still have no idea if the skill points that I was being asked to allocate have any impact on the game or are just cosmetic. Assuming that they have an impact then that in itself would seem a good reason not to just click quickly through.

Like I said, many will like this kind of thing but it isn’t for me any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its basically the same game to me - already getting bored of it after 3 seasons, got bought it for Xmas. All the media interview comments are the same, layouts are generally the same. Training has changed and the tactics. But more of an add on and not really worth the full price of a game - glad I never paid for it.

Won the league with Saints first season too so not even that hard. :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MLG can you tell me if you have made any significant player attribute or CA/PA changes to the Saints team for the Winter Update, want to know if its worth starting a new game. Also are we going to be crapper based on the start of the season under hughes or are players going to be more reflective of their performance under Ralf?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why did they write Brexit implications into the game, when the effects of Brexit were (and are) unknown....?

Why apply a foreign quota of 17 players in the squad and apply wage criteria when nothing has been said on this matter publicly?

Ive read somewhere online that some people's games don't have Brexit mentioned at all, some have reported that the UK voted to remain. WTF

• 4 weeks later...

u23-vs-Pompey.jpg

Unfortunately it'd never happen in real life as they are too scared to play our reserves, but kind of funny that FM 2019 allows it to happen :D

I have to say that the game is very easy so far. I used to play FM quite a lot but stopped at 2017. Just picked this up for £15 with a discount code and have found the core Saints squad to be really, really good with very few additions. Stephens, Shane Long and Hojbjerg in particular are far more effective than their attributes suggest they should be.

I'm 6 league games in and have won 5 and drawn one after signing Scott Mckenna, a centre back from Aberdeen. So far I beat Spuds 2-1 away and drew Manure 1-1 at their place so far. Hojbjerg top scorer on 4 goals, Long and Ings on 2 and five players with one apiece. I've let in 4 goals so far and I'm currently second in the league behind Liverpool.

I swap in between 4-1-4-1 vertical tika-taka, 4-4-2-diamond-narrow gegenpress, or 5-2-3-wide fluid counter depending upon who I'm playing against and if I'm in the lead. I've not even adjusted the preset instructions for the formations, though I do change the player roles to fit who I have available at the time.

Have a feeling I'll hit a wall and lose 5-6 games in a row at some point as the squad is pretty thin if I pick up injuries to key players.

• 1 month later...
FM20 will be available on Google Stadia, and FM19 and FM20 is available on XBox game pass.

Google Stadia is an interesting one, as the game is processed at Google's data centres and then streamed back to your device, so you no longer need a high spec device.

Stadia_GamePass_Blog_Header.png

But you'd need a high spec internet connection...

• 1 month later...
Ive not played this since about 2014. However I'm getting a new laptop next month, is it worth getting this or wait until the new one comes out later in the year?

There is a free to play PC demo of FM 2019 on Steam give it a try and decide and I'd guess the full game will be heavily reduced in price in any upcoming Steam sales.

FM 2020 won't be out until circa October/November

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours is a lot, never takes me anywhere near that long to do pre-season. If time is an issue, you can play the streamlined version FM touch which is simpler and quicker.

First time playing the game since 2014, that's 5 years worth of new mechanics to get up to speed with. I tried the demo a while back and gave up after taking one look at the main screen, just went back to 2014.

And before you suggest FM Touch, I don't want an absolute basic version of the game...I like some of the indepth features. Maybe in the future they should allow you to select which mechanics are indepth and which are the touch version.

Edited by Saint_clark

First time playing the game since 2014, that's 5 years worth of new mechanics to get up to speed with. I tried the demo a while back and gave up after taking one look at the main screen, just went back to 2014.

And before you suggest FM Touch, I don't want an absolute basic version of the game...I like some of the indepth features. Maybe in the future they should allow you to select which mechanics are indepth and which are the touch version.

The game allows you to delegate any tasks you don't want to do

• 4 weeks later...