Results 1 to 35 of 35

Thread: Football Manager 2019

  1. #1

    Default Football Manager 2019



    New features revealed in September

    FM19 is released 2nd November 2018



    For the first time since 2004, no "manager man" on the box cover art!
    Last edited by Matthew Le God; 06-08-2018 at 04:49 PM.

  2. #2

    Default


  3. #3

    Default


  4. #4

    Default

    Can you confirm you've fixed Hoedts stats this year MLG? He was quite good on the last one which was very off-putting

  5. #5

    Default

    Far to indepth, cannot be arsed to set a tactic for when a squirrel enters the field of play on a Monday night. Been dead since about 2010. But good luck to you all.

  6. #6

    Default

    MLG - Why is Martin Hunter unemployed on the game? He still works for us

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    MLG - Why is Martin Hunter unemployed on the game? He still works for us
    He is no longer manager of the under 23s, Jaidi is.

    Hunter's job title is not one that the FM has in its database, so I removed him from the club.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    so I removed him from the club.
    you personally wrote that code in the game?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    you personally wrote that code in the game?
    Removing people from Saints in the database does not require any code writing.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Removing people from Saints in the database does not require any code writing.
    Sure it does, sure it does.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    He is no longer manager of the under 23s, Jaidi is.

    Hunter's job title is not one that the FM has in its database, so I removed him from the club.

    Can you do the same with Kruger, Reed and Hughes but in real life?

    On a serious question though, is this worth getting? I don't really play it that much but want something that I can just pick up and play every now and again.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Formerly Clapham
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    On a serious question though, is this worth getting? I don't really play it that much but want something that I can just pick up and play every now and again.
    I recently tried the demo.

    After 20 minutes I was still trying to create my manager character. At the point that I had to decide whether I was a technical or something else style manager (essentially was I going to wear a suit or tracksuit at the touch line) and to then assign points to my various attributes I still felt ages away from actually being able to manage even a friendly match and deleted it.

    There was i time when this series was an awesome football management game. Now, in the search for new features it seems to have morphed into a football RPG. Iím sure some love it but it isnít for me anymore and probably not for anybody who wants to ďpick up and playĒ.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clapham Saint View Post
    I recently tried the demo.

    After 20 minutes I was still trying to create my manager character. At the point that I had to decide whether I was a technical or something else style manager (essentially was I going to wear a suit or tracksuit at the touch line) and to then assign points to my various attributes I still felt ages away from actually being able to manage even a friendly match and deleted it.

    There was i time when this series was an awesome football management game. Now, in the search for new features it seems to have morphed into a football RPG. I’m sure some love it but it isn’t for me anymore and probably not for anybody who wants to “pick up and play”.
    If you didn't want to spend ages creating a manager profile... why did you? You can skip through that bit very quickly and doesn't take anywhere near 20 minutes if you don't want it to.

    There is also an FM touch version which comes with the full game and is a streamlined version allowing you to quickly progress through the game with fewer things to do.

  14. #14

    Default

    The game is now a mess. Lost it's focus and way. Trying to be Skyrim.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Formerly Clapham
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    If you didn't want to spend ages creating a manager profile... why did you? You can skip through that bit very quickly and doesn't take anywhere near 20 minutes if you don't want it to.

    There is also an FM touch version which comes with the full game and is a streamlined version allowing you to quickly progress through the game with fewer things to do.
    Because, for me this was a new feature.

    When you get a new game and are presented with the first task, not knowing if it is important or not, do you instinctively skip through it or do you try to do it properly and see what it is about?

    I still have no idea if the skill points that I was being asked to allocate have any impact on the game or are just cosmetic. Assuming that they have an impact then that in itself would seem a good reason not to just click quickly through.

    Like I said, many will like this kind of thing but it isnít for me any more.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16

    Default

    Its basically the same game to me - already getting bored of it after 3 seasons, got bought it for Xmas. All the media interview comments are the same, layouts are generally the same. Training has changed and the tactics. But more of an add on and not really worth the full price of a game - glad I never paid for it.

    Won the league with Saints first season too so not even that hard. :/

  17. #17

    Default



    Love the realism in the game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18

    Default

    MLG can you tell me if you have made any significant player attribute or CA/PA changes to the Saints team for the Winter Update, want to know if its worth starting a new game. Also are we going to be crapper based on the start of the season under hughes or are players going to be more reflective of their performance under Ralf?

  19. #19

    Default

    Decent Career....lol

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sometimes here, sometimes there...
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Why did they write Brexit implications into the game, when the effects of Brexit were (and are) unknown....?

    Why apply a foreign quota of 17 players in the squad and apply wage criteria when nothing has been said on this matter publicly?

    Ive read somewhere online that some people's games don't have Brexit mentioned at all, some have reported that the UK voted to remain. WTF

  21. #21

    Default

    Yeah its a random event, mine has a foreign quota which I like as no issues with work permits.

    Read that if you don't want that just save before a certain date and reload.

  22. Default



    Unfortunately it'd never happen in real life as they are too scared to play our reserves, but kind of funny that FM 2019 allows it to happen

    I have to say that the game is very easy so far. I used to play FM quite a lot but stopped at 2017. Just picked this up for £15 with a discount code and have found the core Saints squad to be really, really good with very few additions. Stephens, Shane Long and Hojbjerg in particular are far more effective than their attributes suggest they should be.

    I'm 6 league games in and have won 5 and drawn one after signing Scott Mckenna, a centre back from Aberdeen. So far I beat Spuds 2-1 away and drew Manure 1-1 at their place so far. Hojbjerg top scorer on 4 goals, Long and Ings on 2 and five players with one apiece. I've let in 4 goals so far and I'm currently second in the league behind Liverpool.

    I swap in between 4-1-4-1 vertical tika-taka, 4-4-2-diamond-narrow gegenpress, or 5-2-3-wide fluid counter depending upon who I'm playing against and if I'm in the lead. I've not even adjusted the preset instructions for the formations, though I do change the player roles to fit who I have available at the time.

    Have a feeling I'll hit a wall and lose 5-6 games in a row at some point as the squad is pretty thin if I pick up injuries to key players.

  23. #23

    Default

    FM20 will be available on Google Stadia, and FM19 and FM20 is available on XBox game pass.

    Google Stadia is an interesting one, as the game is processed at Google's data centres and then streamed back to your device, so you no longer need a high spec device.


  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    FM20 will be available on Google Stadia, and FM19 and FM20 is available on XBox game pass.

    Google Stadia is an interesting one, as the game is processed at Google's data centres and then streamed back to your device, so you no longer need a high spec device.

    But you'd need a high spec internet connection...

  25. #25

    Default

    Rules out all of us based on this continent...

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    100 miles south-east of Newport
    Posts
    28,777
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post


    Love the realism in the game.
    Incredible likeness.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winchester, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Ive not played this since about 2014. However I'm getting a new laptop next month, is it worth getting this or wait until the new one comes out later in the year?

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    But you'd need a high spec internet connection...
    Yes, and modern Wifi is processed by a potato. So Stadia is far too soon.

  29. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benali Saint View Post
    Ive not played this since about 2014. However I'm getting a new laptop next month, is it worth getting this or wait until the new one comes out later in the year?
    There is a free to play PC demo of FM 2019 on Steam give it a try and decide and I'd guess the full game will be heavily reduced in price in any upcoming Steam sales.

    FM 2020 won't be out until circa October/November

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winchester, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    586

    Default

    I got it. Just a lot to do, 5 hours in and not reached first league game yet

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benali Saint View Post
    I got it. Just a lot to do, 5 hours in and not reached first league game yet
    5 hours is a lot, never takes me anywhere near that long to do pre-season. If time is an issue, you can play the streamlined version FM touch which is simpler and quicker.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Winchester, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    586

    Default

    I may end up doing that. Started again and only took about 90 mins. Didn't need to go through the tutorials 2nd time

  33. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    5 hours is a lot, never takes me anywhere near that long to do pre-season. If time is an issue, you can play the streamlined version FM touch which is simpler and quicker.
    First time playing the game since 2014, that's 5 years worth of new mechanics to get up to speed with. I tried the demo a while back and gave up after taking one look at the main screen, just went back to 2014.
    And before you suggest FM Touch, I don't want an absolute basic version of the game...I like some of the indepth features. Maybe in the future they should allow you to select which mechanics are indepth and which are the touch version.
    Last edited by Saint_clark; 28-09-2019 at 09:40 AM.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    First time playing the game since 2014, that's 5 years worth of new mechanics to get up to speed with. I tried the demo a while back and gave up after taking one look at the main screen, just went back to 2014.
    And before you suggest FM Touch, I don't want an absolute basic version of the game...I like some of the indepth features. Maybe in the future they should allow you to select which mechanics are indepth and which are the touch version.
    The game allows you to delegate any tasks you don't want to do

  35. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    The game allows you to delegate any tasks you don't want to do
    To staff who might do an absolutely terrible job.
    Not the point anyway. I like negotiating contracts for example...but when I tried it in 2019 it seemed so overly complicated.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •