Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 335

Thread: Transfer Deadline Day

  1. #151

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    the window has SLAMMED shut

  2. #152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    the window has SLAMMED shut
    Not yet it hasn't, still possible for deals to go through if the intention to complete request was sent in.

  3. #153

    Default

    So are we signing someone then?

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    West Ham sign Carlos Sanchez

  5. #155

    Default

    Adam Leitch
    ‏Verified account @adamleitchsport
    5m5 minutes ago

    Adam Leitch Retweeted Adam Leitch

    Hold that thought...

    Adam Leitch added,
    Adam Leitch
    Verified account @adamleitchsport
    It still sounds like there will be no business done at #saintsfc today.

    Mark Hughes said he's happy to go with what he's got and that will likely be the case
    26 replies 20 retweets 35 likes

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    So are we signing someone then?
    Signs point to yes.

    Unless the fax machine broke down at the worst possible moment.

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,574

    Default

    A striker is in the building

  8. #158

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    A striker is in the building
    is he black or white?

  9. #159

    Default

    Ings?

  10. #160

    Default

    It'll probably be Sam McQueen out on loan

  11. #161

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brockenhurst and EC4Y
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    thanks for that, probably Les after his jaunt to Spain accompanied by his coaching manual
    Just seen him getting of the plane - sombrero, big sunglasses, hotel backrobe in the suitcase - consummate professional.

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    It'll probably be Sam McQueen out on loan
    Why would he be "flying in"?

    Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    Someone flying in now. No name but im guessing ings

  13. #163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Why would he be "flying in"?
    It wasn't a serious comment

  14. #164

    Default

    Adam Leitch

    Verified account

    @adamleitchsport
    17s18 seconds ago
    More
    Understand that a late possibility has cropped up which #saintsfc have been trying to rush through.

    At this stage it is still unclear whether they submitted the paperwork before the 5pm deadline to grant them an extension to get the deal completed

    And yes, it's Danny Ings

  15. #165

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    2,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Adam Leitch

    Verified account

    @adamleitchsport
    17s18 seconds ago
    More
    Understand that a late possibility has cropped up which #saintsfc have been trying to rush through.

    At this stage it is still unclear whether they submitted the paperwork before the 5pm deadline to grant them an extension to get the deal completed

    And yes, it's Danny Ings
    We've had months to get deals sorted, Nothing like our board of halfwits leaving it to the very last second.

  16. #166

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    gutter
    Posts
    13,950

    Default

    I'd take Danny Ings now.

    In fact I'd take Danny fv<king La Rue

  17. #167

    Default

    Maybe he was offered to us for a cheaper price, or Liverpool agreed to a loan move, who knows.

  18. #168

    Default

    14 appearances in 3 seasons.

    Our black box needs throwing away and replacing with a tombola.

  19. #169

    Default

    Danny Ings is an appalling signing. Offers us absolutely nothing, will probably be injured a great deal of the time, and doesn’t suit Hughes’ style of play. The idea that we should sign him just because he’s a Southampton fan is frankly laughable. Hopefully it falls through.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #170

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooh it's a corner View Post
    14 appearances in 3 seasons.

    Our black box needs throwing away and replacing with a tombola.
    The black box covers the whole globe too


  21. #171

    Default

    "We tried to sign a striker..."

  22. Default

    Everton have had another good window

    So have WHU, wolves n Fulham. Be interested to see how they all do

  23. #173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    doesn’t suit Hughes’ style of play
    What about him means he doesn't suit Hughes' style of play?

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    The idea that we should sign him just because he’s a Southampton fan is frankly laughable
    Who has said that?

  24. #174

    Default

    See this makes deadline day fun now

  25. #175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenLeTiss View Post
    We've had months to get deals sorted, Nothing like our board of halfwits leaving it to the very last second.
    Saints had 4 deals done by 13th July. Why did you overlook that?
    Last edited by Matthew Le God; 09-08-2018 at 05:19 PM.

  26. #176

    Default

    I reckon at this short notice it'll have to be a loan deal with a view to a permanent deal

  27. #177

    Default

    Heard Ings is on the medical table and no it’s not for his medical but the fact he stubbed his toe in our bloody staplewood car park.
    Cant fu.cking believe it.

  28. #178

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    28,872
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harriesss View Post
    Danny Ings is an appalling signing. Offers us absolutely nothing, will probably be injured a great deal of the time, and doesn’t suit Hughes’ style of play. The idea that we should sign him just because he’s a Southampton fan is frankly laughable. Hopefully it falls through.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol. These are the sort of people that should be called fannies. I hope he smashes it so I can laugh in your stupid face. If he does sign...

  29. #179

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Not keen on Ings. Did not do anything remarkable at Liverpool except for damaging his knees and undergoing two knee surgeries.

    It might be palatable as a loan deal with an option to buy but throwing any amount of decent money at Liverpool for a player they signed on a free (albeit subject to £6.5M fee assessed by a tribunal) and who never looked like making the first team during his time there, seems reckless.

    Reports from Liverpool are that a move to Palace fell through...

    https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.co...dline-day-deal

  30. #180

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Oxfordshire
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Funny how the more money a club spends in the window it's classed as being a good one,

    Only time will tell if one clubs wasted more money than another on foreign flops.

  31. #181

    Default

    Mike Keegan from the Daily Mail tweeted this at 1.22pm:


    Mike Keegan
    ‏Verified account @MikeKeegan_DM

    Southampton in front for Danny Ings but no fee agreed as of half an hour ago.
    Maybe something has been in the offing all day, after all?

  32. #182

    Default

    Is he an upgrade on Carillo - yep
    Is he likely to score more than Long - possibly
    Does he give us another option up front - yep
    I will save my judgement and see why don't you lot - it could work out well.
    What does that mean for Gallagher?

  33. #183

    Default

    Jeremy WilsonVerified account @JWTelegraph 6s6 seconds agoMore



    Southampton have submitted a deal sheet to Premier League in an attempt to get extension for Danny Ings deal. They are now hopeful of getting it done

  34. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    What about him means he doesn't suit Hughes' style of play?



    Who has said that?
    Hughes’ second striker (which is what ings would be) in his 3-3-2-2 system he’s been using has to be able to drop into midfield to pick the ball up, something Ings is not very good at as he’s at best a poacher. And most people of Twitter or on here when Ings has been mentioned seem to be more for Ings signing due to his local connections despite his clear lack of ability and chronic injury problems. We’ve managed to make our frankly terrible striking options worse with this signing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #185

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Fulham singed someone for £30m apparently

  36. #186

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Saints had 4 deals done by 13th July. Why did you overlook that?
    Doing the club’s main business early is surely the way to do it.

  37. #187

    Default

    Adam BlackmoreVerified account @AdamBlackmore 38s39 seconds agoMore



    #saintsfc have got the deal sheet submitted for Danny Ings to come on loan from #lfc and need the extension to get paperwork done ....with a view to a permanent move

  38. #188

    Default

    Jeremy Wilson
    ‏Verified account @JWTelegraph
    9m9 minutes ago

    Southampton have submitted a deal sheet to Premier League in an attempt to get extension for Danny Ings deal. They are now hopeful of getting it done
    2 replies 36 retweets 44 likes

  39. #189

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mavericks before who knows after?
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Is he an upgrade on Carillo - yep
    Is he likely to score more than Long - possibly
    Does he give us another option up front - yep
    I will save my judgement and see why don't you lot - it could work out well.
    What does that mean for Gallagher?
    Spot on !

  40. #190

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,092

    Default

    Danny effing *()!!@** Ings! What can he possibly bring to us that helps in any way, more useless than Long & Austin. We have become really pathetic low life in the transfer windows these days.

    As the Sage once said "Cheer up, things could be a lot worse!" Nobody took him seriously but he was right. They just got a whole lot worse. We have enough dead wood already.

  41. #191

    Default

    Adam Blackmore

    Verified account

    @AdamBlackmore
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    #saintsfc have got the deal sheet submitted for Danny Ings to come on loan from #lfc and need the extension to get paperwork done ....with a view to a permanent move

  42. #192

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Fulham sign a Keeper from Spain

  43. #193

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    28,872
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Danny effing *()!!@** Ings! What can he possibly bring to us that helps in any way, more useless than Long & Austin. We have become really pathetic low life in the transfer windows these days.

    As the Sage once said "Cheer up, things could be a lot worse!" Nobody took him seriously but he was right. They just got a whole lot worse. We have enough dead wood already.
    And another one! Utter fanny.

  44. Default

    Danny Ings has quite a similar record to Shane Long.

    Didn't Ings and Austin have a phenomenal partnership in the Championship?

  45. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I'd take Danny Ings now.

    In fact I'd take Danny fv<king La Rue

  46. #196

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Danny ****ing Ings?

    Christ on a bike.

    In January Gao was supposedly trying to sign Walcott as a "present to the fans".

    And here we are scrambling last minute for Danny Ings.

    Good god.

  47. #197

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    And another one! Utter fanny.
    got to love saints web snobbery. It is brilliant
    I know, I have been very guilty of the very same thing

  48. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Mike Keegan from the Daily Mail tweeted this at 1.22pm:




    Maybe something has been in the offing all day, after all?
    Simon Peach claiming that SFC had been saying all afternoon that they weren’t done. He seemingly never let on that that was the case. Or anyone else for that matter ie Jeremy Wilson or Blackmore.

  49. #199

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    [FONT="]Jeremy WilsonVerified account @JWTelegraph 6s6 seconds agoMore


    [/FONT]

    Southampton have submitted a deal sheet to Premier League in an attempt to get extension for Danny Ings deal. They are now hopeful of getting it done
    Signing Ings on a loan is more palatable considering his history of knee injuries.

  50. #200

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    cloud cuckoo land
    Posts
    2,928

    Default

    A season long loan makes good sense. Prove his fitness. If he is fit he'll then be a good signing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •