Transfer Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Danny effing *()!!@** Ings! What can he possibly bring to us that helps in any way, more useless than Long & Austin. We have become really pathetic low life in the transfer windows these days.

As the Sage once said "Cheer up, things could be a lot worse!" Nobody took him seriously but he was right. They just got a whole lot worse. We have enough dead wood already.

How the **** does a loan signing make it worse? If it doesn't work out we send him back!!

Liverpool press saying obligation to buy. Christ on a bike, hope this falls through, fails a medical, anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well our press is saying loan with a VIEW to a perm move, so guess we’ve got to wait and see!

Liverpool press saying obligation to buy. Christ on a bike, hope this falls through, fails a medical, anything.

You're coming across as a complete idiot with very little knowledge about the subject module of this forum, football.

To be fair, these 'underwhelming' deals sometimes work out better than the mega money additions. I remember Jos being seen as seriously underwhelming when we signed him, but he was so critical to us that season.
And look how awful most of our big money signings have been.

If it's a loan with an obligation to buy as suggested, I reckon it's probably so the fee goes onto next season's bill for FFP reasons.

Imagine we'll hope to ship out Forster and Carrillo by then for signings next season.

It's seems more clear by the day that FFP is totally holding us back right now (with all these huge contracts). I don't believe we've not got any money to spend, we just aren't allowed to.

That's why FFP has always been an utter farce in my opinion. What is fair about not letting the 'smaller' teams strengthen their squads? How is that levelling the playing fields?

The clubs with money can just happily fliter cash away anyway, breach FFP and then pay - to them - the tiny fine. Joke.

I'm no big fan of Ings but on a loan deal it is low risk and he gives us another option so I don't see what the problem is. Liverpool wanted £20m for him so have obviously realised their only hope was to loan him out, hence why it's last minute.

Some people on here are only happy if they are whinging like an entitled six year old.

Let's give Ings a chance and see what he can do, he can't be any worse than Long!

It's seems more clear by the day that FFP is totally holding us back right now (with all these huge contracts). I don't believe we've not got any money to spend, we just aren't allowed to.

That's why FFP has always been an utter farce in my opinion. What is fair about not letting the 'smaller' teams strengthen their squads? How is that levelling the playing fields?

The clubs with money can just happily fliter cash away anyway, breach FFP and then pay - to them - the tiny fine. Joke.

how are everton and west ham able to sign god knows how many players

then you have wolves along with Fulham.....

And look how awful most of our big money signings have been.

Sometimes people get more excited when they see £25m/30m etc. We have been shocking at our 'record deals'. (Carrillo, Boufal, Gaston...)

Maybe we should rename it to - ''Southampton Sign Danellie Inges for £30m"

If he stays fit, he's a complete improvement to us. The problem I have is 'if', and also why it's all last minuite.com. Maybe as someone suggested - Liverpool have been playing games and have shelved their big asking price at the last min.

I imagine (but do not know) that there was interest in Ings throughout the summer, but nothing happened because of Liverpool’s well-publicized and completely unrealistic £20M price tag. The reason it got left so late is because no one would buy at the price, allowing Saints to sneak in with a late loan bid.

Liverpool overplayed their hand, and Saints did OK if it is a loan move with an option to buy.

how are everton and west ham able to sign god knows how many players

then you have wolves along with Fulham.....

They don't have players on huge wages. I think that's what's holding us down. People like Forster, Prowse, Austin being paid bucket loads. These new sides that come up will have quite modest wage bills in all respects.

To be fair, these 'underwhelming' deals sometimes work out better than the mega money additions. I remember Jos being seen as seriously underwhelming when we signed him, but he was so critical to us that season.

I look at all the madness going on and how excited other fans are of all these £20-30m signings that they have never heard of, and am very happy with our £7m signing of Armstrong.

If it's a loan with an obligation to buy as suggested, I reckon it's probably so the fee goes onto next season's bill for FFP reasons.

Imagine we'll hope to ship out Forster and Carrillo by then for signings next season.

I'd say we're pretty much stuck with them for the rest of their contracts; probably loaned out with Saints paying a chunk of their wages.

Underwhelmed by Ings. With the thousand gazzilion million pound TV deal, could we really not find a striker somewhere in the world better than Danny 'glass knees' Ings?!

This, and as none of us are paying for it personally I am not sure what the problem is.

If the club throws away money on useless things (like Carrillo) it impacts their financial ability to improve the squad in future windows, so the price tag does have long term importance.

not buy FFP stopping us. Not one bit

we now have newly promoted sides blowing us away in the transfer market. Our (previous) rivals, blowing us away.....

It's the only thing that makes any sense to me, huge wages of our current players holding back any additions. Maybe in combo with our internal wage caps. Who knows, but I can't see us being skint.

we now have newly promoted sides blowing us away in the transfer market. Our (previous) rivals, blowing us away.....

Wages maybe, but not like we’ve suddenly signed players on big wages, they’ve grown gradually with the new players coming in and loads leaving.

FFP doesn’t seem to exist in the prem on transfer fees anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

God you really are a plank.

You’ve absolutely no idea of whether we were the slightest bit interested in any of their players, so how are they “blowing us away”. These crack signings have yet to kick a ball, yet you’re hailing their business. Give it a ****ing rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

God you really are a plank.

You’ve absolutely no idea of whether we were the slightest bit interested in any of their players, so how are they “blowing us away”. These crack signings have yet to kick a ball, yet you’re hailing their business. Give it a ****ing rest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

who said our signing are cack or theirs are crack?

Certainly not me........but please, let us know

cheers

Edited by Batman

He is a truly awful footballer and an injured one at that

He's not a truly awful footballer though is he. Carrillo was. Heck, even Boufal was most of the time as he couldn't be arsed.

Even your mate, who you were sure was being sold, has been pretty awful for us.