Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

He took the game by the scruff of the neck yesterday,thats why he cost 20 million,the dickheads on here who said he was a waste of money need to watch what he does off the ball,at times yesterday he was pointing out to young Obafemi the runs he should have made whilst we were attacking,he looked like a Policeman directing traffic,if he gets injured we lose not just his goals but that experience that some of our quality youngsters lack.

OWTS

Wasn't impressed with the signing, and was really not impressed with the fee.

However, he's changed my mind. Scoring goals, playing with intelligence, showing passion, leadership and experience. Good signing.

My views 100%, felt a bit cheated in the summer that the deal in 2018 was a loan with an obligation to buy. However by far our best player this season, if the POTY awards were held now he’d come first, second and third.

Absolutely love the way he charges around at full speed, his desire to get to balls first is excellent and was again last night.

Like others, I wasn't impressed with the signing originally but he's come good so far this season. Hope he can stay fit and keep banging them in.

And to think he was slated by a fair few as a waste of money in the summer.... we’d be stuffed without him. Hopefully he stays fit

He was slated because he had suffered endless fitness issues before we agreed to spend £20m on him and the problems carried on for large parts of last season. I think he has already matched last years league goal tally of 7, which is pretty poor for a striker.

Glad he's fit and scoring now though. Without him we'd look like one of those Derby or Sunderland teams which went down a few years ago.

He’s been very sharp, particularly in and around the six yard box without looking truly dangerous. Hopefully he can stay fit and free from injury. Remember he started brightly last season only to tail off badly in the second half as the games caught up with him. He’s not going to pull up any trees in the league but is an excellent match for us. We’re going to need him as we can’t rely on Long, Obafemi and Adams.

Edited by shurlock

When we first signed him up yes I had my doubts thought it was high risk with the fee and injury record. However credit where credit is due without him we would be down already I would make him our captain! shows passion and fight to wear the shirt and actually looks like he genuinely does care.

Did anyone ever genuinely question his ability?

concern for most was his injury record and last season he was in/out/in/out like the Hokey Cokey

This season has been different and possibly his best run of games for 5-6 years? Long may it continue

Yes indeed. The questions were about the large fee for someone with a horrific injury record. And his problems last season didn't put those concerns to rest. I don't remember any "dickheads" who questioned his ability. IF he continues to stay fit then it will have been a good gamble that paid off.

Edited by Dark Munster

Can't help thinking back to the time last season when there were desperate hopes that we could find a way out of having to buy him.

Long may he stay fit: he did say in pre-season he'd prepared better than ever before. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes indeed. The questions were about the large fee for someone with a horrific injury record. And his problems last season didn't put those concerns to rest. I don't remember any "dickheads" who questioned his ability. IF he continues to stay fit then it will have been a good gamble that paid off.

His 'horrific" injury record is badly skewed by the fact that he had two very lengthy periods out where he missed an awful lot of games over a number of years. That doesn't mean he is actually injury prone and excessively likely to have multiple periods out for minor injuries each season.

I think a lot of people on here overlooked this fact when warning about signing an 'injury prone' player.

His 'horrific" injury record is badly skewed by the fact that he had two very lengthy periods out where he missed an awful lot of games over a number of years. That doesn't mean he is actually injury prone and excessively likely to have multiple periods out for minor injuries each season.

I think a lot of people on here overlooked this fact when warning about signing an 'injury prone' player.

Very true, he hardly missed a game last season due to minor injuries... only about 14 or so. That is practically no time at all if you compare it to the length of time football has been played.

Very true, he hardly missed a game last season due to minor injuries... only about 14 or so. That is practically no time at all if you compare it to the length of time football has been played.

But again, just because that happened last season, doesn't mean he is 'prone' to it happening.

Did anyone ever genuinely question his ability?

concern for most was his injury record and last season he was in/out/in/out like the Hokey Cokey

This season has been different and possibly his best run of games for 5-6 years? Long may it continue

You did you T wat in post 2 of the earlier Danny Ings thread :lol:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Desperation deal

Seems like a waste of money

Desperate times

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

And after 2 he previously had. His knees are shot to bits... and people moan about Austin’s fitness :lol:

Pathetic if true.

In his day he was decent but in the last three years he has been crippled and dome **** all.

Feel really sorry for our youngsters ie Gallagher that we would rather take on someone who has hardly played and is likely to be injured as soon as he tries and puts his socks then give them a chance.

Pathway for the academy, what a load of ********.

Jesus we know how to spunk cash

Rather we signed Danny McBride.

****e piece of business.

Panic buy.

Is setting 20m on fire going to be a thing every window? Absolute panic buy, total thundercünts running this club over the last 2 years.

Why have we signed him. Such a desperate signing. The bloke is made of glass...

Long-term abdominal injury at AFCB.

6 month knee injury 1st season at Burnley. 6 month knee injury 2nd season at Burnley. Season long knee injury first season at Liverpool.

9 month knee injury 2nd season at Liverpool.

£20m! Why?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We have made some pretty dreadful signings lately but I swear I have never been as furious with a particular signing as with this one. Four separate long term knee injuries in his career. FOUR FFS!

£20m for a crocked crock. Hey Liverpool, just forget the last VVD payment. It’s on us. Minus Les’ commission of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£40 million on Carrillo and Danny F-ing Ings! Wow

Do we still have an obligation to buy if we get relegated?

This has Leslie's paw prints all over it

The only guarantee in life : Death. Taxes and Austin n Ings picking up lots more injuries

£20m is absolutely mental, you've also got his c£3.5m a year wages so an investment of £34-35m on a guy that's played just a few games in 3-4 years.

Not just our fans, but fans from all clubs all over social media mocking the fact we sell Liverpool our top players and then take the unwanted stock at top £'s

Liverpool must absolutely love us.

If WHU signed Ings at £20m wed be absolutely stitching ourselves

He get's injured on the left

get's injured on the right

Danny ings

get's injured from turning on the light

(in jest)

Just a few gems to start the evening

I said last year when we signed him that if he stayed fit I thought he had 12-15 league goals in him, if Klopp rates a player and wanted to keep him then he is going to be decent. The problem was the IF, and last year he didn't stay fit.

This year (so far) he seems fit and is doing the business, could easily get 15 goals this year if not a few more. Nice also to see one of his goals contribute to a win and all his hard work not being let down by defensive errors.

I don't think I've seen any posts on here criticising Ings or that he'snot worth the fee as a player. There have been lots saying it's a huge gamble because he has a history of getting injured so much. Those are very different things. I think everyone has always recognised that he's a good enough striker to score goals for us at this level.

He does have a history of getting injured and that could still happen this season, so there's no point saying people were wrong, just because he scores goals while he's fit.

We all knew that already.

I don't think I've seen any posts on here criticising Ings or that he'snot worth the fee as a player. There have been lots saying it's a huge gamble because he has a history of getting injured so much. Those are very different things. I think everyone has always recognised that he's a good enough striker to score goals for us at this level.

He does have a history of getting injured and that could still happen this season, so there's no point saying people were wrong, just because he scores goals while he's fit.

We all knew that already.

Exactly - crowing about him now is just tempting fate with his fitness for the rest of the season. The fact that our likeliest saviour has dicey record with long-term injury isn't really something to celebrate.

However, he's changed my mind. Scoring goals, playing with intelligence, showing passion, leadership and experience. Good signing.

Tackling of leadership i wouldn't be adverse to making him captain ?

I was wrong about this guy. I thought he would be injured for most the season.

He has shown he is a class player and can put the ball in the back of the net consistently. Many of them being from chances he has created all for himself.

Of all the players we can't afford to lose it is this guy. Without his goals we would be even further in the ****.

Just a few gems to start the evening

I actually posted my reply just now before seeing this post.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong by Ings. My view was based on his last couple of seasons.

Since then he has gone on to become our most important player. And my criticism of us signing him was totally wrong.

But if you think going back through threads and pointing out where people are wrong go ahead. If it makes you feel better about your life then crack on. I am sure I could go through your posts and find countless things to highlight where you were wrong.

I won't do that though because I honestly couldn't care less.

Concerns about his injuries are/were totally justified. But quite a lot of people were writing him off after a few poor performances. Again, not necessarily unjustified but the key thing for me was that when he arrived he looked really good (different class vs most of our other players), and for me that’s where the fans are fickle/shortsighted. If a player turns up and never plays well, it’s a bit harass to criticise people for not having faith if and when they finally come good (for example, if Carrillo suddenly started being good, are we all idiots with no idea?), but when a player has a dip in form and is immediately treated as a massive failure, then perhaps it’s fair to call out those opinions.

Same here ,check on my posts, didnt want him ,now cant do without tbf.

Hopefully he feels like doing a Mitrovic if we go down.

If he continues this form for the rest of the season I think we'll struggle to keep hold of him whether we go down or not. People pay good money for goalscorers, there'd be no shortage of takers, particularly if we go down and I fear SFC would drop their drawers a bit too eagerly.

He's already drawing attention, Geordie forum yesterday "If we could afford it I'd say go for Danny Ings. No point him going down with Saints"