Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

What is it with Les and Liverpool? They wanted £20m and no one else wanted to pay it. Does he have some interests there with the amount of business between the two clubs?

£40m on a knackered Ings and appalling Carrillo - this club is in huge trouble

A great signing who has been fit for a year. klopp thinks he will be great here.

Underwhelmed. At best he's the same as what we have in my opinion, but at worst he has had 4 knee operations and can blow at any time. I'd have rather given Gallagher a shot. He's younger, not all banged up, and much cheaper, plus he looks good to me.

On paper a better option than Carillo I guess. Not sure it's going to improve us very much though.

People recover from knee issues all the time. It's a matter of luck as much as anything else. Some just don't seem to have any. An AFL player here had his first game in almost six years on the weekend, after five knee reconstructions. That takes commitment.

So Liverpool have been asking for £20m all summer and nobody has bitten. Then on deadline day when it's basically their last chance to offload him, WE cave in and pay their full asking price.

I think this is bat sh*t mental personally, on par with the whole Carrillo fiasco. Our record signing is now a man who has played 14 league games in 3 years. Give it 3 months, Long will be starting games whilst every talks about how much better we will be when Austin and Ings are fit.

A great signing who has been fit for a year. klopp thinks he will be great here.

I hope Ings bangs in 20 a year for us, but your statement is damning. Fit for a year, but Klopp didn't want to play him and sold him at the first opportunity, and he has only scored 3 in three seasons.

Ffs why are people thinking Gallagher can be PL standard when he was pony in the Championship?

Ings isnt really even ‘injury prone’, 2 knee injuries and lots of bad luck. Not made of glass like Sturridge etc

4 knee injuries! 2 at Burnley. 2 at Liverpool.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Underwhelmed. At best he's the same as what we have in my opinion, but at worst he has had 4 knee operations and can blow at any time. I'd have rather given Gallagher a shot. He's younger, not all banged up, and much cheaper, plus he looks good to me.

Gallagher is not up to it. The club clearly don’t rate him. He was not prolific on loan was he

No one can say the club isn't funny :D. Agreeing to pay 20 million pounds for a player who has had 4 long term injuries, and scored 3 times in 3 seasons. Oh, and Liverpool only paid £6.5 million for (Ings didn't make enough appearances to trigger the further 1.5 million bonus payment, shockingly.)

Our glorious leadership think the above adds up to an increase of 14 million pounds in his value. 8)

I wonder if our negotiating team pulls their pants down before meeting with the opposition, or figures it's more fun to let them do it. :lol:

Someone needs some closure

This is my concern, along with his injury record of course.

As I see it we now have two strikers, Ings & Gabbiadini who are a bit lightweight, both might prosper alongside a Pelle type but not on their own or played together. I'd like to see either paired with Gallagher who offers a bit more height, power and pace. Then there is Austin, again injury prone, but fairly immobile.

Ffs why are people thinking Gallagher can be PL standard when he was pony in the Championship?

Ings isnt really even ‘injury prone’, 2 knee injuries and lots of bad luck. Not made of glass like Sturridge etc

He might offer something different, and many would like to see him given the opportunity.

View from a Liverpool supporting friend...

"You've got a good deal there if the way he played for us last year when he came back was anything to go by. We didn't want to sell him, he wanted to leave, which is a shame but he's better than warming the bench. Puts a shift in and is a nightmare for defenders. He doesn't give them a moment's peace. I hope he rebuilds his career and scores a bagful for you. He's had the worst luck with serious injuries possible. The commitment he's shown to comeback to the standard he has has to be a good sign. Plus, he's a local lad so his motivation will be sky high anyway. If only Sturridge had his guts."

I hope Ings bangs in 20 a year for us, but your statement is damning. Fit for a year, but Klopp didn't want to play him and sold him at the first opportunity, and he has only scored 3 in three seasons.

To be fair he would have had to be going some to displace Salah, Mane and Firmino.

Speaking to my Liverpool supporting mates they all rate him. Very unlucky with injuries but has been fit for a good few months. Good lad to have in the changing Room and as a local boy (and apparently a Saints fan) you would hope that he is going to give that little bit extra.

Early suggestion for song for him:

If you wanna come back, it’s alright, it’s alright

It’s alright if you wanna come back Danny;

Ings wants to come back, it’s alright, it’s alright

It’s alright if you wanna come back Danny!

And his competition at lfc are?

Welcome aboard

Exactly and he did get some game time last year in what is a squad with fantastic attacking options.

Plums also equating previous transfer fees are just desperately thick.

Well done Saints, looks like a great deal. He needs a break and where better to come than Saints? Can't see much to grumble about with this one, local lad as well.

Hopefully his injuries are behind him and he can hit the ground running.

Think you've gone some way to answer your own question.

Coupled with an "obligation" to buy.From Liverpool.

Where does it say we have to buy?

“Although his first year will be on loan, Southampton have committed to buy the striker on July 1, 2019. Liverpool are guaranteed £18 million, with a further £2 million based on appearances.”

per Bascombe and Wilson in the Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/09/danny-ings-completes-20m-southampton-move/

No, it’s an obligation to buy. We have to go through with it pal.

Why bother to have a loan. Bat**** mental deal. Why the **** didn't we just loan him, see how the land lies then sign next summer. I hope he shines of course, but yet another strange deal.

Edited by Chez

Obligation - the condition of being morally or legally bound to do something.

There's a big difference between morally bound and legally bound.

See post above yours.

Which of these two possible outcomes do you suspect Les has allowed himself to commit to ?

Fit for a year, but Klopp didn't want to play him and sold him at the first opportunity, and he has only scored 3 in three seasons.

Oh ffs, what a ridiculous argument. He was competing for a place with Salah, Mane, and Firmino.

Why bother to have a loan then? If there is an obligation then why not just confirm the signing?

My guess is that the club’s transfer kitty ran empty after buying messrs. Vestergaard, Gunn, Armstrong and Moi. This deal is coming out of next year’s transfer kitty.

Just watched the interview - he seems genuinely genuinely delighted to be here and spoke really well.

Hope we give him some proper backing.

If and when he runs out in a Saints shirt I will be wishing and hoping for goals goals goals.

Until then I'll continue to be a somewhat underwhelmed by the whole premise of this deal.

Kloop seem to rate him

“It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him," he told the club's official website.

“He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

"We say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity. He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

What a bullsh1tter.

My guess is that the club’s transfer kitty ran empty after buying messrs. Vestergaard, Gunn, Armstrong and Moi. This deal is coming out of next year’s transfer kitty.

Which will just be amazing if we get relegated. Imagine, we're in the Championship with players like Forster, Carrillo and Boufal stuck on the wage bill for 3 years and to top it off we are then OBLIGATED to spend £20m on a player who could well be out for another 9 months with dodgy knees.

Why agree to an obligation to buy instead of an option? What possible leverage did Liverpool have to say no? Like f**k they were going to call the deal off if we asked for an option to buy instead. If they had I'd have run a mile.

View from a Liverpool supporting friend...

"You've got a good deal there if the way he played for us last year when he came back was anything to go by. We didn't want to sell him, he wanted to leave, which is a shame but he's better than warming the bench. Puts a shift in and is a nightmare for defenders. He doesn't give them a moment's peace. I hope he rebuilds his career and scores a bagful for you. He's had the worst luck with serious injuries possible. The commitment he's shown to comeback to the standard he has has to be a good sign. Plus, he's a local lad so his motivation will be sky high anyway. If only Sturridge had his guts."

reads well but The cynic in me thinks if only he had Sturridges ability...but what does the cynic know. Bet Burnley are thinking he is bound to score against them. A debut goal,would be just the tonic we need.

I would imagine the contract is a lot more complicated than is suggested on here. With his injury past, the "obligation to buy" wil almost certainly depend on him staying fit and/or the number of peformances he puts in. I suspect the loan-buy structure is probably to give Saints more assuranse he is actualy fit before they commit to buying.

I think the answer is to buy another Charlie Austin (good scorer but injury prone). Maybe two more. It's ideal: we get them cheap, they won't bugger off after one season, and hopefully at least one will be fit while the other(s) are in the physio room.

Not as cheap as I would've liked. But any semi-decent injury-prone striker is better than nothing (or the donkey).

I hope if he scores he doesn't celebrate with one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7tFH9R1kE

How strange, people seem genuinely angry about it. Odd.

Probably the same weirdos who hated Pelle, Tadic and thought 36m for Mane was mugging Liverpool. Oh, and that Forster is just in a ‘poor run of form’. And Hoedt is ‘guaranteed to improve’

#worstjudgesofplayerabilityever