Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

Welcome.

Look forward to him doing well.

Adds another option up top and boy, we needed it

what did people really expect from saints? we are prem bottom feeders now.

Yep. He will be better than carillo and could be a lot better than some melts assume. I'm pleased we've got him.

We've known we've needed a striker since 2016, so it's a bit odd that we're having to submit an extention. Bit last-ditch, when it shouldn't have been. Still have absolutley no confidence in who is running our recruitment at the moment.

We needed another striker though, without question. Glad they finally got one and if fit he's a hell of a lot better than Carillo, we just need to hope he stays fit and we don't end up with a season of Ings and Austin in the treatment room!

Still, it's a cheap gamble I guess.

I don't find it strange at all. I suspect, but of course this is pure conjecture, that LFC wanted to sell for £20m. No one was biting so it went to the last minute before they took what offer was out there, which was a loan for him. Whether it is too late remains to be seen.

I don't find it strange at all. I suspect, but of course this is pure conjecture, that LFC wanted to sell for £20m. No one was biting so it went to the last minute before they took what offer was out there, which was a loan for him. Whether it is too late remains to be seen.

It's just an excuse for some of our moronic fans to have a pop at the board

If it’s correct the club were trying to get Welbeck but pulled out because his wage demand would have undermined the club’s pay structure, then we should hope the attempt to get Ings instead has come off.

But let’s remember Pellegrino was sacked for under-performance of the squad, NOT because the players weren’t good enough. That squad has been improved so the moaners may have to eat their words.

One good season in the championship a long time ago is about the sum of his career.

And a good season in the PL which prompted Liverpool to sign him.

If we were signing him from Burnley on the back of that PL season, we'd be loving it.

What does this 'obligation to buy' mean, as oppose to 'option to buy'? Surely Liverpool can't force us to buy him if he doesn't do very well?!

probably means that if certain milestones are hit, we are locked into buying him at an agreed price...

he's a Saints supporter ain't he ? the lad's coming home

Im sure he would have a bit of pride playing for his home team and hopefully do a job

That will be the line trotted out no doubt. I have it on good authority (and seem to remember someone on here recently saying something to the same effect) he's quite sure of himself (i.e. bit of a pr*ck) and revelled in our misfortune a few years ago as he is bitter towards us releasing him when he was a kid.

That will be the line trotted out no doubt. I have it on good authority (and seem to remember someone on here recently saying something to the same effect) he's quite sure of himself (i.e. bit of a pr*ck) and revelled in our misfortune a few years ago as he is bitter towards us releasing him when he was a kid.

I should imagine a high number of professional players are in the 'pr1ck' category.

probably means that if certain milestones are hit, we are locked into buying him at an agreed price...

Yeah, you get these deals quite a lot. ''If he plays x number of games, the transfer becomes perm etc". Which kind of is still a good deal, as he'd need to have a fairly injury free season to activate that anyway.

Yeah, you get these deals quite a lot. ''If he plays x number of games, the transfer becomes perm etc". Which kind of is still a good deal, as he'd need to have a fairly injury free season to activate that anyway.

Right ok, makes sense, thanks (and Batman). Hopefully we have negotiated a reasonable price (not the £20m they wanted...) and don't do anything stupid like accidentally playing him in a game which obligates us to sign him if he's not looking up to it. Anything is possible with Saints nowadays...!

Great if he comes back, happy with that. Good that he is more of a Lambert / Pella player... its if he can stay fit

You what? Have you ever seen him play? He’s more like a Shane Long with Charlie Austin’s knees.

he's a Saints supporter ain't he ? the lad's coming home

Im sure he would have a bit of pride playing for his home team and hopefully do a job

Born in Southampton, lived here until he moved to Burnley... wouldn’t say he’s a supporter though.

He’s Just brought a new house in Netley.

Underwhelming signing, but how much would it actually take for a goal scorer to be an improvement over Carillo & Long ?
Almost nothing. An hour ago I was convinced we were signing no one and now we have possibly got someone in that could improve us. Not sure why anyone would prefer us not to have anyone.

Its an interesting attempt. One we have left to the last minute, obviously... and one which is a second choice because we didn't want to pay any real money... we're still trapped by the legacy of expensive players on stupid contracts and it is hurting us big time.

If he comes and stays fit and in form, a good deal. if not meh.