Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

Some people can have a week off, grow up a bit and stop with the constant, "I’m a better fan than you," posts.

:rolleyes:

In my defence (if it matters) this post was not to show "I`m a better fan than you" and there are threads about that, it merely

pointed out the stupidity of the slagging and writing off of players before they actually play..

And there have been several posts multi quoting previous subjects such as these, not sure why mine was deemed any worse that those??? :frown:

:rolleyes:

In my defence (if it matters) this post was not to show "I`m a better fan than you" and there are threads about that, it merely

pointed out the stupidity of the slagging and writing off of players before they actually play..

And there have been several posts multi quoting previous subjects such as these, not sure why mine was deemed any worse that those??? :frown:

The ban was over the top and not needed IMO, if people didn't want the stupid things they have said coming back to haunt them, then they shouldn't have said them in the first place. Led by Donkeys have literally made a career out of doing what you did.

• 2 weeks later...
What's the new chant ?? I could only pick up "Danny Ings, king of the scummers". That was enough for me yesterday, but it would be good to know the rest.

Danny Ings is the king of the scummers,

Danny Ings is the king i say (I SAY)

Danny Ings is the king scummers

Smashing pompey, the southampton way

To the tune of oh houssana.

I dread to say it as he's a local boy doing brilliantly for us this season but purely hypothetically... What do people think he's worth currently? Not that I think he'd go anywhere anytime soon, or that we'd even let him go when we're in a relegation battle, but surely big clubs are monitoring him right now, as they do with any decent goalscorer in the league. He seems to have put his injury issues behind him and has become the player Liverpool hoped they'd signed when they got him on a free.

I dread to say it as he's a local boy doing brilliantly for us this season but purely hypothetically... What do people think he's worth currently? Not that I think he'd go anywhere anytime soon, or that we'd even let him go when we're in a relegation battle, but surely big clubs are monitoring him right now, as they do with any decent goalscorer in the league. He seems to have put his injury issues behind him and has become the player Liverpool hoped they'd signed when they got him on a free.

Probably not a huge amount more than we paid. £30 million at most, I think clubs will still be very wary of his injury record. Though the fact that he is actually only 6 months into his contract should put them off a bit as well. If he carries on like this and stays injury free for the next year or so, we really need to look at extending said contract.

Would think he should be at least 50m, as at the end of the day if another club wanted him they would have to pay enough to tempt us into selling.. and he’s crucial for us

Only for some posters mate ;)

Give it a rest. In isolation I don’t care but you do nothing but b*tch and whine about other fans and posters. I’ve just clicked on your profile and even since you came back all your posts have just been a dig at someone.

Come up with some actual opinions about actual football or log off. :uhoh:

Give it a rest. In isolation I don’t care but you do nothing but b*tch and whine about other fans and posters. I’ve just clicked on your profile and even since you came back all your posts have just been a dig at someone.

Well said. It's incessant.

Guess we'll find out soon enough!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/everton-backed-raid-wolves-southampton-21153525

Ings' second against Villa was breath-taking, how he scored from that angle as he pivoted was remarkable. As one who suggested that we should reneged on the £20m outstanding payment in June because of his fragility I am quite willing to eat humble pie. I guess in a Sky Blue shirt he might score as many as Sterling or Aguero. He would certainly suit their style of play.

Would be very surprised if anyone could prise Ingsy away from Southampton. Don't think some of these commentators understand about playing for your home town club, he's achieved his ambition. Might be different if we go down, but can't see any scenario where he might think Everton would be the place to be.

Couldn’t agree more...

Ings' second against Villa was breath-taking, how he scored from that angle as he pivoted was remarkable. As one who suggested that we should reneged on the £20m outstanding payment in June because of his fragility I am quite willing to eat humble pie. I guess in a Sky Blue shirt he might score as many as Sterling or Aguero. He would certainly suit their style of play.

Likewise. Thought his injuries had got the better of him (touch wood hes past that stage of his career) but hes exceeded my expectations already. Always had the potential but was confined to 5-15 games a season. Hope he continues to improve and think Long (another ive slagged off at times) is his best strike partner

He is an unfashionable A, B, C traditional centre forward/poacher. But he is damned good at it. £20m well spent. If we do stay up, he will be a big reason for it. Scoring that number of goals when playing for such an under-performing team is amazing.

Take his goals away would show you how poor we are.

Need to hope he can stay fit otherwise we will be relegated and it’s as simple as that.

Would be very surprised if anyone could prise Ingsy away from Southampton. Don't think some of these commentators understand about playing for your home town club, he's achieved his ambition. Might be different if we go down, but can't see any scenario where he might think Everton would be the place to be.

Agree. Don't see him going to Everton, but what I meant was it will be interesting to see what they bid (if indeed they do). If he keeps up his form, I can see a number of top sides across Europe being interested at the £40M mark - will certainly test our metle

Considering Bournemouth were talking what like £70 - 80 million for Wilson, who has also had a similar injury record, is a similar age I would expect similar. Consider his contract and importance to us, you'd expect him to be valued around £50 million but then be expected to pay another £20 million over the odds as we don't want to sell.

Considering Bournemouth were talking what like £70 - 80 million for Wilson, who has also had a similar injury record, is a similar age I would expect similar. Consider his contract and importance to us, you'd expect him to be valued around £50 million but then be expected to pay another £20 million over the odds as we don't want to sell.

£70-80m - then again you think half our side can walk into top 8/10 sides :lol:

Agree. Don't see him going to Everton, but what I meant was it will be interesting to see what they bid (if indeed they do). If he keeps up his form, I can see a number of top sides across Europe being interested at the £40M mark - will certainly test our metle

:mcinnes:

Why have you taken a story from the Daily Star reporting that Talksport presenter Tony Cascarino thinks Everton should buy Ings... means that Everton want to buy Ings?

Can you not see that a Talksport presenter's job is to make controversial comments to increase listener numbers has no bearing on Everton's transfer policy?

Why have you taken a story from the Daily Star reporting that Talksport presenter Tony Cascarino thinks Everton should buy Ings... means that Everton want to buy Ings?

Can you not see that a Talksport presenter's job is to make controversial comments to increase listener numbers has no bearing on Everton's transfer policy?

Chill out - enjoy a Christmas beer and read my comments a bit more carefully - what bit of "Don't see him going to Everton" is hard to understand?

Cascarino goes to church. He wouldn't lie.

Why did you link to the Daily Star article? That suggests you thought it was a rumour... It isn't a rumour... It is a suggestion by Cascarino.

Good question. Why did he do that? WHY? Can we all just stick to rumours please, this site ain’t big enough to accommodate suggestions.

Why did you link to the Daily Star article? That suggests you thought it was a rumour... It isn't a rumour... It is a suggestion by Cascarino.

Ok, if it makes you feel better - I am a tw*t and got it all wrong, you're right! I do believe that our owner would sell Ings at £40M or over, which is my main worry.

Now, go and get stuck into the leftover turkey and any alcohol left.

• 2 weeks later...
Nominated for December player of the month. Surely a no brainer but as it’s a public vote it will probably be TAA that wins it.

Get voting people, Danny’s the man!https://www.premierleague.com/news/1552879

Sone