Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

How strange, people seem genuinely angry about it. Odd.

Don't understand people being angry, however We've spunked so much cash, allowing real talent leave and replacing with ****e. That bothers people. Does that not bother you?

Does the Carrillo deal not leave you berwildred? How about signing an injured Boufal? What about giving Forster an extension after playing ****? Fans are wondering if the powers that be know what the **** they are doing. Signing players is tough, but we seem to make so many errors these days, it's little wonder fans think we could have done better here. A loan deal makes sense. See how he does then sign him.

Edited by Chez

One last thing. If he can stay fit and if we can create him chances, he’ll score plenty. Good finisher

If we can create chances...why the hell didn't we spend the cash on someone to create them for Gabbi and Austin. Both seem more than capable finishers to me.

"Danny Ings, he's one of our own."

Good luck to the lad. He's had a promising career blighted by serious injuries. If he can get back to his best with us and score a few goals, it would be great. The deal sounds good too. On loan to see if his kness can hold up and if they can, a permanent deal. I'm not expecting miracles but surely he has to be an improvement on Long and maybe he will even score more than Gabbiadini.

Ings and Austin could be the classic little and large combination up front.

... Why the **** didn't we just loan him, see how the land lies then sign next summer. I hope he shines of course, but yet another strange deal.

Perhaps because a straight loan wasn't an option - buyers don't impose terms when there's competition for a player. Or perhaps it is a loan with "a view" to buy as per the Echo, not an obligation. Fact is that we don't know the facts. Relax and get behind the lad.

I would imagine the contract is a lot more complicated than is suggested on here. With his injury past, the "obligation to buy" wil almost certainly depend on him staying fit and/or the number of peformances he puts in. I suspect the loan-buy structure is probably to give Saints more assuranse he is actualy fit before they commit to buying.

That's what I'm hoping for, and it certainly would be the logical thing to have done. But it's Les Reed we're talking about....

Perhaps because a straight loan wasn't an option - buyers don't impose terms when there's competition for a player. Or perhaps it is a loan with "a view" to buy as per the Echo, not an obligation. Fact is that we don't know the facts. Relax and get behind the lad.

And the wording from the two clubs OS is far less conditional. But hey the Daily Echo has an inside track on things :lol:

And the wording from the two clubs OS is far less conditional. But hey the Daily Echo has an inside track on things :lol:

I've read that but didn't see the bit that said a straight loan was an option we declined which was the main point I was responding to.

Praising the 26-year-old, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is a very strange feeling saying goodbye to Danny. The biggest emotion is how much we will miss him. “He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools. “What is clear is that in his time here he had zero luck really, certainly in my time. Before joining I tried to watch as many games on tape as I could from the season so far and Danny Ings stood out as someone I was really looking forward to coaching. Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp “We all know his story and the bad luck he has had since then. “It’s why the other emotion is that of being pleased for Danny that he has such a good move and his future is now very bright." He added: “So we say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity. “He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

If we get relegated do we still have to spunk all that money out on him next season?

Till 2022. Jeremy Wilson’s write up is clearest:

Danny Ings has completed a £20 million move to Southampton, initially on a season-long loan but with a commitment for an additional three years.

Ings completed a complicated switch to St Mary’s after the club’s agreed the structure of payments ahead of the close of business.

Although his first year will be on loan, Southampton have committed to buy the striker on July 1, 2019. Liverpool are guaranteed £18 million, with a further £2 million based on appearances.

Despite both clubs insisting his next 12 months is part of a loan deal, the 26-year-old has signed a four-year contract until 2022. Liverpool will also receive 20 per cent of any future sale of Ings.

Edited by shurlock

relaxed and fully behind him. I think I said some thing along the lines of I hope he shines in an earlier post. Doesn't mean I can't question a signing. Or more to the point the deal, because in pure footballing terms I don't actually know if he is any good. He's been sat on a physical table for three years, so it's hard to come to any conclusions. Returning to the deal, if a pure loan wasn't available then look elsewhere. was anyone else really interested. Felt like a buyers market to me.

By the way, I presume you were telling everyone to relax and get behind Carillo in January?

If we can create chances...why the hell didn't we spend the cash on someone to create them for Gabbi and Austin. Both seem more than capable finishers to me.

To be honest I thought Austin had a shedload of chances once Hughes took over and didn't take them. Maybe Ings will? Personally I was hoping we'd have gone for a battering ram of a striker. Ings obviously isn't that but he does give industry and a decent record in front of goal when fit... as everyone says, it's a risk. Can't afford to lose either Gabbiadini or Gallagher though. As an aside what's Mick Harford up to these days? Surely worth getting in just to show Gallagher how to make the most of his ability.

If the figures above are correct how is this any different whatsoever to agreeing a permanent deal for £20m with an initial payment of £4-5m?

My guess would be that by pretending that £5m is a loan fee, Liverpool can stiff Burnley out of £1m because Burnley are entitled to 20% of the profit.

relaxed and fully behind him. I think I said some thing along the lines of I hope he shines in an earlier post. Doesn't mean I can't question a signing. Or more to the point the deal, because in pure footballing terms I don't actually know if he is any good. He's been sat on a physical table for three years, so it's hard to come to any conclusions. Returning to the deal, if a pure loan wasn't available then look elsewhere. was anyone else really interested. Felt like a buyers market to me.

By the way, I presume you were telling everyone to relax and get behind Carillo in January?

Your point was why didn't we loan him, not bring him in on a loan to buy. My point was perhaps that wasn't an option. Simple comment and I ain't getting into a long debate, or an irrelevant Carillo debate.

The signing of a local boy who genuinely wants to play for us is a real boost for he club. Danny's record at Burnley, before he suffered the bad luck of injuries at Liverpool, took him into the England team and it's just a shame that the usual negative minded have to post their hate mail. The end result of this transfer window now looks very good with four quality outfield players added to what was already a strong squad, and Tadic the only player to move on. With the price tags on Matt Targett and JWP, holding onto both of them now looks even more positive. It'll be interesting to see how soon Mark Hughes feels Ings will be ready to take his place in the team. However much some people might have liked another foreign player in the squad, I suspect Danny Ings will receive a rapturous reception when he first appears in a Saints' shirt.

I’m very happy with this loan signing if it is only a loan.

If we have to buy him next summer however then I’d be frustrated.

He cannot be valued at £20m surely...

Anyways, I’m gonna hope he gets to double figures!

Till 2022. Jeremy Wilson’s write up is clearest:

Unbelievably good deal for Liverpool then for a player with Ings injury record.

I would have been happy with a loan deal but this is clearly not a loan but a permanent 4 year deal, which is a MASSIVE risk for someone with so many serious injuries and so few appearances and goals in recent seasons.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

By the way, I presume you were telling everyone to relax and get behind Carillo in January

Charlie Austin signs from Liverhampton for a Carillo £20m. Well done Les Reed, £20m on Carrillo. £16 om Boufal, £20m on Carrillo no 2. 20m wages on log Foster, £10+ on Hodgetoss and he refused to get rid of Ploddy Tosspot ProwseyWowsey.

And you still won't condemn that Reed ****. Thick stupid season ticket ****s.

By the way, I presume you were telling everyone to relax and get behind Carillo in January

Charlie Austin signs from Liverhampton for a Carillo £20m. Well done Les Reed, £20m on Carrillo. £16 om Boufal, £20m on Carrillo no 2. 20m wages on log Foster, £10+ on Hodgetoss and he refused to get rid of Ploddy Tosspot ProwseyWowsey.

And you still won't condemn that Reed ****. Thick stupid season ticket ****s.

Good beer is it?

"Danny Ings, he's one of our own."

He's one of our own,

He's one of our own,

Danny Ings, Hes one of our own

He'll score at home,

He'll score at home,

Danny Ings, he'll score at home

He'll score at away,

He'll score at away,

Danny Ings, he'll score at away

He hates P*mpey,

He hates P*mpey,

Danny Ings, He hates P*mpey

He's one of our own,

He's one of our own,

Danny Ings, Hes one of our own

He'll score at home,

He'll score at home,

Danny Ings, he'll score at home

He'll score away,

He'll score away,

Danny Ings, he'll score away

He hates P*mpey,

He hates P*mpey,

Danny Ings, He hates P*mpey

I don't quote often often enough to justify paying for editing privileges

well

On the downside, you could say we should have just kept J Rod, because he only had one ACL injury.

but on the upside, at least it wasnt Saints that have had to have spent years with Ings on our books whilst he had his rehabilitation.

There is no doubt that when fit, Ings is a decent striker, so hopefully we can get a season of Austin/Gabbiadini/Ings all contributing with cameos from Long and perhaps Gallagher, with no serious injuries to Ings or Austin.

If this happens I think we will finish top half.

Good luck fella and welcome!

It does feel like we are the gift that just keeps on giving to Liverpool first they buy up all our good players now we've run out of those they are going to sell us their unwanted ones for stupid money (while we conveniently forget the whole tapping up shyte from last summer). If this was a low risk season long loan I'd be happier but 18-20 million 4 year deal on a player whose fitness and goal scoring record is very much up in the air right now seems a stupid decision. Oh well it might work out I guess.

I'm going to get the **** ripped out of me at work today though I told the Liverpool fan at work that Liverpool where mad looking for 20 million for Ings no club would be stupid enough to pay them that I told him :blush:

So, we needed a striker. So that's a start. He's certainly better than nothing.

Next thing - how long has he been fit for? When was his last serious injury?

In relation to being "injury prone", we're his knee injuries bad luck, or were they breaking down on previous injuries?

According to TransferMarket his injuries are as follows:

2013/14 - Torn Ankle Ligament

2014/15 - Hamstring injury

2015/16 - ACL rupture

2016/17 - Knee op (non-cruciate and other knee)

So only one soft tissue injury (that is usually what indicates injury proneness). See Daniel Sturridge.

I think people are over-reacting to ******** they've read on here myself - you have to trust the doctors who carried out the medical. The club won't just push it through as insurance wouldn't cover the player otherwise.

I think he'll do us alright.

I’m very happy with this loan signing if it is only a loan.

If we have to buy him next summer however then I’d be frustrated.

He cannot be valued at £20m surely...

Anyways, I’m gonna hope he gets to double figures!

I hope Ings comes good, I really do. I will be cheering and supporting him, but I cant help but feel we overpaid.

hell, Liverpool got Shaqiri for £13m

I hope Ings comes good, I really do. I will be cheering and supporting him, but I cant help but feel we overpaid.

hell, Liverpool got Shaqiri for £13m

I bet Ings makes five times the contribution of the touch line waddler

So, we needed a striker. So that's a start. He's certainly better than nothing.

Next thing - how long has he been fit for? When was his last serious injury?

In relation to being "injury prone", we're his knee injuries bad luck, or were they breaking down on previous injuries?

According to TransferMarket his injuries are as follows:

2013/14 - Torn Ankle Ligament

2014/15 - Hamstring injury

2015/16 - ACL rupture

2016/17 - Knee op (non-cruciate and other knee)

So only one soft tissue injury (that is usually what indicates injury proneness). See Daniel Sturridge.

I think people are over-reacting to ******** they've read on here myself - you have to trust the doctors who carried out the medical. The club won't just push it through as insurance wouldn't cover the player otherwise.

I think he'll do us alright.

That misses the two knee injuries at Burnley and the abdominal injury at Bournemouth.

Two serious knee injuries in his first two seasons at Burnley:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19242581

You also realise that soft tissue includes muscle, ligaments and tendons, which means ALL of his injuries have been soft tissue and he is highly injury prone.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by SaintNeil90

20m is a lot but clearly influenced by several factors:

Competition - Palace were clearly after him; Wages - Wellbeck - his wages were s problem; Alcacar - perhaps no option to buy?

I'd hope we'd have some condition in the deal that if he fails to appear X times we're not in the hook. That said, all parties must be hoping he does well - and Saints did need a striker.

I wish him well but I feel we miss a hold up player - we've never replaced Pele / Lambert in my opinion.

I don’t know why some posters are getting so angry about this, it’s not your money (its basically Sky’s) or personal risk. I remember when we bought a crocked Charlie George the fans still welcomed him. He remained on the treatment table, and despite the gate money (our money) paying his wages we didn’t complain. If the doctor says Ings is fit then get behind him, especially as he is a local lad.

I don’t know why some posters are getting so angry about this, it’s not your money (its basically Sky’s) or personal risk. I remember when we bought a crocked Charlie George the fans still welcomed him. He remained on the treatment table, and despite the gate money (our money) paying his wages we didn’t complain. If the doctor says Ings is fit then get behind him, especially as he is a local lad.
It's not your money is not the point. Do you not remember administration?

what on earth makes you think fans wont get behind him?

Useful signing if he stays fit obviously. Finally a player that can challenge Charlie as a spearhead.

IMO a fit Ings\Austin\Gabbi is not a bad combination to select from. I hope all 3 play prominent roles for us this season.

The medical staff at the club are going to have an important job to do this season.

what on earth makes you think fans wont get behind him?
I'm very doubtful about the deal, but I'll get behind him as I do with anyone wearing a Saints shirt.

Though I'm not looking forward to the groans when he limps off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That misses the two knee injuries at Burnley and the abdominal injury at Bournemouth.

Two serious knee injuries in his first two seasons at Burnley:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19242581

You also realise that soft tissue includes muscle, ligaments and tendons, which means ALL of his injuries have been soft tissue and he is highly injury prone.

Well, that's not the term they use in the NFL for those injuries, so I'm more likely to go with their interpretation.

Yep, seems those injuries were left off the list. Not as promising as I hoped.

Well, that's not the term they use in the NFL for those injuries, so I'm more likely to go with their interpretation.

Yep, seems those injuries were left off the list. Not as promising as I hoped.

Couldn't careless what the awful american NFL call them.

The medical definition of soft tissue injury is any damage to muscles, ligaments or tendons throughout the body.

Liverpool only paid £6.5 million (Ings didn't make enough appearances to trigger the further 1.5 million bonus payment, shockingly.)

Our glorious leadership think the above adds up to an increase of 14 million pounds in his value. 8)

I wonder if our negotiating team pulls their pants down before meeting with the opposition, or figures it's more fun to let them do it. :lol:

To be honest, it's irrelevant how much Liverpool paid for him, the value of the player is set by the current market conditions, which are absolutely mental at the moment!

I paid £80k less for my house than it's supposedly worth today, yet its not done anything in 3 years either.

For what it's worth, i'm really looking forward to seeing him play. I havent seen him play much but I know he was rated at Liverpool and there is no shame being behind their strike force in the pecking order, a local lad with passion, something we missed last year.

I wonder what the score is with Danny Ings and Charlie Austin with regard to Insurance Cover which I understand most clubs take out (quite expensively) to cover the expense of losing valuable assets to injury.

Is injury insurance still relevant or do clubs self insure?

If the former, the exclusion clauses in both cases must be quite extensively.

I really wish Danny Ings well but to be valued at twice the Rodriguez money with more than twice the injury record either seems good business for Liverpool or symptomatic of the ridiculous hike in transfer fees.

Is he any good in the air as we need more of an aerial threat in the box?

Also who is our stand by right back now, hopefully not a left footed player like Target, McQueen or Bertrand?