Danny Ings

JxgrSaint

He looks genuinely chuffed to be here in that video, the more I have read and seen the more positive about this I am.

In that video he looks to be moving very well and still have plenty of pace, he doesn't look as stiff or bulky as Jay Rod looked after coming back from his injury to me.

It does indeed seem there is no contingency in the deal for any serious injuries. Suggestions otherwise is wishful thinking.

Fingers crossed that he and Austin form a good partnership: taking turns with one available on the pitch while the other is in the treatment room. Two half loaves is as good as a whole one!

No one other than the two clubs know for sure, so no point in endless speculation (not aimed at you in particular, rather a general comment). It is done now and in our club we need to trust and back, and hope they got it right.

Good finisher. Don’t think he’ll play with Austin though.

Gabbi a better partner for both.

Did Ings and Austin play together at Burnley ?

Interesting though considering the options. Like you not sure about Ings/Austin combination as both would ideally want to be in the box getting on the end of things. Initial thought is that Ings/Gabbiadini might also be similar, neither a holding player or target man but again wanting to get in the box and finish. I'd be happy to see Gallagher given a chance as at least he offers something different.Can't see that happening now though following the investment in Gabbiadini and Ings.

Interesting though considering the options. Like you not sure about Ings/Austin combination as both would ideally want to be in the box getting on the end of things. Initial thought is that Ings/Gabbiadini might also be similar, neither a holding player or target man but again wanting to get in the box and finish. I'd be happy to see Gallagher given a chance as at least he offers something different.Can't see that happening now though following the investment in Gabbiadini and Ings.

Yeah, they did play together a bit. Austin was the standout 'central' figure in that team though, he scored shed loads that year. Ings was more of a support/sub that year, before Austin moved on and he took the central role on himself the following year and tore it up himself.

Ings nhas and can play wide left , rather than just through the middle. Bit like JRod, he maybe better through the middle but wide left is a good option that will allow him to play alongside Austin or Gabbi and maybe Long or even Sam wide right. He does give some new options that should help to get some goals.

Excellent today. Looked class, sharp, clever and made himself time on the ball. Only a cameo, but exactly what we’ve been missing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree, credit to him and Hughes for playing 2 up top.

Found the space in between their 2 banks of 4/5 and has that extra bit of pace we have been missing.

Was dubious at first but if he continues like that I’ll eat my words. Only early days and fitness a massive concern, let’s see how this pans out.

I was pleasantly surprised too.

However we do need a proper target man.

Neither he, Austin, Gabbi (or god forbid, Shane Long) is the right person

Not necessarily. Someone with good feet and movement can hold the ball up as well as any big lump; City have just won at the Emirates with 4 attacking players no higher than 5'10. We didn't struggle to keep it in Burnley's half when Ings and Gabbi were on.

Not necessarily. Someone with good feet and movement can hold the ball up as well as any big lump; City have just won at the Emirates with 4 attacking players no higher than 5'10. We didn't struggle to keep it in Burnley's half when Ings and Gabbi were on.

Yep, I've seen Gabbiadini (admittedly, when he first joined when everything he did was good) hold the ball up and link play well, but it very much depends on the style of our overall play. Short passes and quick interplay would work, but as soon as you're hitting hopeful balls up to him to 'fight' for, there's little point!

On Soccer Saturday Phil Thompson compared him with Rickie Lambert in so far as he doesnt have great pace but he has a fantastic football brain. After yesterdays cameo I think he's right. Very impressed especially as a lot on here were telling me we had made the worst signing imaginable !

He did it well enough for the last 15 minutes of the critical Swansea game. Won us the match.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

When he came on yesterday I think I saw him win one header. All our strikers have strengths but none of them can hold the ball up, play with their back to goal and bring others into the game the way Lambert (and to an extent Pelle) did for us.

On Soccer Saturday Phil Thompson compared him with Rickie Lambert in so far as he doesnt have great pace but he has a fantastic football brain. After yesterdays cameo I think he's right. Very impressed especially as a lot on here were telling me we had made the worst signing imaginable !

Really? I wouldn't say he was anything like Lambert. I wouldn't say Ings looks slow in fact his whole game used to be based on pace ( that might have changed after two ACL injuries)

Really? I wouldn't say he was anything like Lambert. I wouldn't say Ings looks slow in fact his whole game used to be based on pace ( that might have changed after two ACL injuries)

He seemed to have pace, but I wonder whether that was deceptive in that he used his brain and was always seeming on the move and moving into new spaces?

Strange comment. Sounds like you want Ings to fail just so you can slag Hughes off again?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Of course not.

Im surprised how Ings made Gabby look slow and none creative.

I remember our Gabby used to dart around the penalty area creating opportunities like Ings did yesterday.

Of course not.

I remember our Gabby used to dart around the penalty area creating opportunities like Ings did yesterday.

You couldnt have watched many of our pre-season games then because thats exactly what he was doing.

Of course not.

I thought the same. Ings made it look like some of our other players were playing in slow motion. Coming on as a sub may have had something to do with that, because Elyounoussi also looked sharp, but Ings appeared to have the quickest feet out there.

I thought the same. Ings made it look like some of our other players were playing in slow motion. Coming on as a sub may have had something to do with that, because Elyounoussi also looked sharp, but Ings appeared to have the quickest feet out there.

To be fair, he's been training week-in, week-out with Mane, Salah and Firminio ... that can only have helped him train harder and pick up quicker skills. I think we may well have pulled off a blinder by getting him in.

To be fair, he's been training week-in, week-out with Mane, Salah and Firminio ... that can only have helped him train harder and pick up quicker skills. I think we may well have pulled off a blinder by getting him in.

Hopefully you are right and he stays fit... credit to those who did the transfer dealings....

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC