Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Ings

Default Danny Ings

Per Jeremy Wilson on Twitter

“Southampton have submitted a deal sheet to Premier League in an attempt to get extension for Danny Ings deal. They are now hopeful of getting it done”

2. Default

Desperation deal

If they wanted him no excuse to leave this late. Smoke and mirrors, typical Saints

Seems like a waste of money

Welcome.
    Look forward to him doing well.
    Adds another option up top and boy, we needed it

what did people really expect from saints?
    Last edited by Batman; 10-08-2018 at 08:01 AM.

It’s a striker he’s a southampton boy and fan with a bit about him I’m happy don’t give a s—hit what others think COYR

7. Default

It's a season long loan deal.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Welcome.
    Look forward to him doing well.
    Adds another option up top and boy, we needed it

what did people really expect from saints? we are prem bottom feeders now.
    Yep. He will be better than carillo and could be a lot better than some melts assume. I'm pleased we've got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd View Post
    Makes a bit more sense. I don't rate him at all - hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

10. Default

We've known we've needed a striker since 2016, so it's a bit odd that we're having to submit an extention. Bit last-ditch, when it shouldn't have been. Still have absolutley no confidence in who is running our recruitment at the moment.

We needed another striker though, without question. Glad they finally got one and if fit he's a hell of a lot better than Carillo, we just need to hope he stays fit and we don't end up with a season of Ings and Austin in the treatment room!

Still, it's a cheap gamble I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd View Post
    Season long loan deal with obligation to buy.

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/s...624418310?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by bangkoksaint View Post
    If they wanted him no excuse to leave this late. Smoke and mirrors, typical Saints
    Sounds to me as if Liverpool lowered the asking price at the last minute.

13. Default

I don't find it strange at all. I suspect, but of course this is pure conjecture, that LFC wanted to sell for £20m. No one was biting so it went to the last minute before they took what offer was out there, which was a loan for him. Whether it is too late remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    I don't find it strange at all. I suspect, but of course this is pure conjecture, that LFC wanted to sell for £20m. No one was biting so it went to the last minute before they took what offer was out there, which was a loan for him. Whether it is too late remains to be seen.
    It's just an excuse for some of our moronic fans to have a pop at the board

We’ve been given a two hour extension to sign him.

Here he is arriving at Staplewood.

https://goo.gl/images/34hPGq

One good season in the championship a long time ago is about the sum of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by bangkoksaint View Post
    Except that doing it at the last minute, Liverpool would be more desperate to offload him, making it cheaper for us.(maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    One good season in the championship a long time ago is about the sum of his career.
    we have newly promoted sides blowing us away in the transfer market...who on earth did you think we would get?

Sussex - previously New Milton & Kingsclere

If it’s correct the club were trying to get Welbeck but pulled out because his wage demand would have undermined the club’s pay structure, then we should hope the attempt to get Ings instead has come off.
    But let’s remember Pellegrino was sacked for under-performance of the squad, NOT because the players weren’t good enough. That squad has been improved so the moaners may have to eat their words.

he's a Saints supporter ain't he ? the lad's coming home
    Im sure he would have a bit of pride playing for his home team and hopefully do a job

Desperate times

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

What does this 'obligation to buy' mean, as oppose to 'option to buy'? Surely Liverpool can't force us to buy him if he doesn't do very well?!

24. Default

Our record for signing mis-firing strikers continues. One day one of these will come good. Just hope it's Ings.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=52481

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    And a good season in the PL which prompted Liverpool to sign him.

If we were signing him from Burnley on the back of that PL season, we'd be loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    What does this 'obligation to buy' mean, as oppose to 'option to buy'? Surely Liverpool can't force us to buy him if he doesn't do very well?!
    probably means that if certain milestones are hit, we are locked into buying him at an agreed price...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_TOAST View Post
    Im sure he would have a bit of pride playing for his home team and hopefully do a job
    That will be the line trotted out no doubt. I have it on good authority (and seem to remember someone on here recently saying something to the same effect) he's quite sure of himself (i.e. bit of a pr*ck) and revelled in our misfortune a few years ago as he is bitter towards us releasing him when he was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by sambosa75 View Post
    That will be the line trotted out no doubt. I have it on good authority (and seem to remember someone on here recently saying something to the same effect) he's quite sure of himself (i.e. bit of a pr*ck) and revelled in our misfortune a few years ago as he is bitter towards us releasing him when he was a kid.
    I should imagine a high number of professional players are in the 'pr1ck' category.

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    probably means that if certain milestones are hit, we are locked into buying him at an agreed price...
    Yeah, you get these deals quite a lot. ''If he plays x number of games, the transfer becomes perm etc". Which kind of is still a good deal, as he'd need to have a fairly injury free season to activate that anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    And a good season in the PL which prompted Liverpool to sign him.

If we were signing him from Burnley on the back of that PL season, we'd be loving it.
    That’s before two acl injuries.

I think I'd rather stick with Gallagher. He's cheaper, younger, and offers more potential upside

32. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Yeah, maybe. no harm in a loan though, if he scores/plays enough then it's a win win. (i.e we get him, for what is probably quite a small fee - relative to this day and age)

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Yeah, you get these deals quite a lot. ''If he plays x number of games, the transfer becomes perm etc". Which kind of is still a good deal, as he'd need to have a fairly injury free season to activate that anyway.
    Right ok, makes sense, thanks (and Batman). Hopefully we have negotiated a reasonable price (not the £20m they wanted...) and don't do anything stupid like accidentally playing him in a game which obligates us to sign him if he's not looking up to it. Anything is possible with Saints nowadays...!

Underwhelming signing, but how much would it actually take for a goal scorer to be an improvement over Carillo & Long ?

35. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Underwhelming signing, but how much would it actually take for a goal scorer to be an improvement over Carillo & Long ?
    2 goals. That's all we ask for.

Great if he comes back, happy with that. Good that he is more of a Lambert / Pella player... its if he can stay fit

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    And after 2 he previously had. His knees are shot to bits... and people moan about Austin’s fitness

Quote Originally Posted by Joesaint View Post
    Great if he comes back, happy with that. Good that he is more of a Lambert / Pella player... its if he can stay fit
    You what? Have you ever seen him play? He’s more like a Shane Long with Charlie Austin’s knees.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_TOAST View Post
    Born in Southampton, lived here until he moved to Burnley... wouldn’t say he’s a supporter though.

He’s Just brought a new house in Netley.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    You what? Have you ever seen him play? He’s more like a Shane Long with Charlie Austin’s knees.
    The player Liverpool bought was class; if he can rediscover that I'd be happy

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Almost nothing. An hour ago I was convinced we were signing no one and now we have possibly got someone in that could improve us. Not sure why anyone would prefer us not to have anyone.

Now I'm just imagining him and austin both getting injured in the same game

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefScummer View Post
    Now I'm just imagining him and austin both getting injured in the same game

Well I did one and pleased about this. If he can stay fit he works hard and scores goals. If not then we don’t pursue option to buy. What’s not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Born in Southampton, lived here until he moved to Burnley... wouldn’t say he’s a supporter though.

He’s Just brought a new house in Netley.
    Thought he was at the Liverpool saints semi final when at Burnley jumping about when we scored

Blog Entries

Its an interesting attempt. One we have left to the last minute, obviously... and one which is a second choice because we didn't want to pay any real money... we're still trapped by the legacy of expensive players on stupid contracts and it is hurting us big time.

If he comes and stays fit and in form, a good deal. if not meh.

Wonder what this means for Gallagher and Long?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by explorer saint View Post
    Thought he was at the Liverpool saints semi final when at Burnley jumping about when we scored
    Which semi-final was that?

Quote Originally Posted by explorer saint View Post
    That was Vokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Loan would be a good move gives us a season to assess .. Happy if true.