As it stands, who is your bottom 3?

JustMike

Cardiff Huddersfield and Watford at the moment.

Burnley to struggle a bit.

Honourable mentions to wolves and West Ham falling way below expectations despite everyone spunking their pants over them.

Puel, Mourinho and Benitez gone before end of season guaranteed. Sarri too if not backed. Arsenal to not know their arse from their elbow, Emery to struggle. Europa league beckons again.

Fulham and Brighton to go beyond expectations. Everton to make steady Moyes-esque progress.

Liverpool to smash teams then be held 0-0 at home by Cardiff, despite 83 attempts on goal.

Frankly it's Cardiff probably Huddersfield and then perm one from about 10 teams.

Saints will be in the mix almost certainly but my money is on Brighton.

Could just as easy be Watford Palace and Fulham.

Going to be a fun season.

If you discount the top 6 and add Everton, Leicester and maybe Wolves. There are really only 20 games to target points from. There will be a few bonus points from the other matches but not many.

How teams like Saints play against the other 9 contenders will be the decider.

So no losing your xxxx when City thump us 4 0. Dark November afternoons against Watford and Fulham are what matter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's hard to call really. It's a bit easier now that everyone has done their business, so you've got to look at Watford and wonder if they have enough quality. They are one I believe will struggle quite badly.

Cardiff look short of genuine quality. Then anyone else from about 10 other sides! Although I think Wolves and Fulham will have enough to be towards the upper end of the 'middle' pack.

Us? Who knows, it really is down to the fitness of Austin and Ings. Keep them fit and get Gabbiadini and Long supporting both/one of them, and it could work out quite fruitfull. I still worry about our lack of pace and power through the spine though....

Frankly it's Cardiff probably Huddersfield and then perm one from about 10 teams.

If you discount the top 6 and add Everton, Leicester and maybe Wolves. There are really only 20 games to target points from. There will be a few bonus points from the other matches but not many.

Win those 20 and I honestly will not care about the other 18.

Ignoring January transfer potential, who is in your bottom 3?

The teams that have come up seem to have spent well (Cardiff aside) so my 3 are:

Newcastle

Huddersfield

Cardiff

i agree with this.

As bad as it may sometimes seem being a Southampton supporter, imagine being a Newcastle supporter and being told that Rondon is the answer

I’m with whelk for the ones to drop but here’s how I think they’ll finish -

18 Newcastle/Brighton

19 Huddersfield

20 Cardiff

I also think Bournemouth will struggle and won’t be surprised if Palace also find it tough going (their record without Zaha was dire so any injury will cripple them, in addition they’ve lost Loftus-Cheek). Also think Burnley will have a much tougher season and won’t be surprised at all if they finish bottom half.

i agree with this.

As bad as it may sometimes seem being a Southampton supporter, imagine being a Newcastle supporter and being told that Rondon is the answer

hope you are right as every team below us gives us a chance but Newcastle finished 10th with 44 points. 5 more wins than we managed. 11 better goal difference. They finished the season well, which usually helps the following season.

How teams like Saints play against the other 9 contenders will be the decider.

So no losing your xxxx when City thump us 4 0. Dark November afternoons against Watford and Fulham are what matter.

We were seconds away from getting 6 points against Everton last season, it was only the universal constant of Saints not being able to win at Goodison which stopped us. Why you think Leicester are anything special I've no idea, they've still got Puel and lost their most creative player. Then there's Wolves; they may have 'won' the transfer window but pretty much anything could happen. Norwich won the transfer window about 4 years ago, then got relegated.

I would like a bottom 3 of Liverpool, Everton and Westham. But then who would the bbc sky and talk****e gush over.

I fear newcastle could struggle if they start badly and the fans start up like they did the last time they went down. Cardiff i just don't think theres enough quality to kee them up. Gonna go Wolves to many players in and not all proven. Seems to be just a shop window for Mendes to make money, lets see what the atmosphere is come January when they all want out.

Besides the odds on side of Cardiff, it gets difficult to choose the other two teams with just an injury, bit of bad form or something to knock a side down the table.

Watford as I cannot see where the goals will come from and they finished last season on bad form.

Huddersfield, Bournemouth or Newcastle for the last spot.

Not many points will cover the bottom half of the table like the past couple of seasons.

Christ - when did Mike come back!!! Hello mate - how’s the running going?

Bottom 3 of Newcastle, Huddersfield, and maybe Cardiff.

I reckon we could squeak 10th....

Funnily enough BP I watched a bit of the forum game as I was looking back on some posts and there was a certain clip of my star keeper letting the ball roll by the post and then oops:lol:

In the thread of that forum game there were so many posters who played who sadly don't contribute on here anymore

• 4 weeks later...
You beetch for bumping this.:-) I was reading thinking "really?" and then saw the dates!

The dildo brothers, anyone, or will they do a Palace?

Much as I'd like them to, they won't go down. They'll employ their usual scattergun approach to the January window and some of the money will pay off.

To be fair Watford started well last year and Palace started terribly, but the former finished higher than the latter.

Too early to tell anything IMO, a clearer picture emerges once teams have played about 10-12.

Early signs suggest that Cardiff and Huddersfield just won't score enough goals to stay up IMO. Newcastle also look worrying as well.

But to be honest anyone from Us, Newcastle, Palace, Brighton, West Ham, Fulham, Bournemouth, Burnley could be around there, it only takes a bad run and you'll be near the bottom.

You'd think West Ham have enough quality not to go down but their lack of fight and work rate at the moment has to be a worry for them, Wolves not only outplayed them but also out worked and out fought them.

I'm going to go Newcastle, Huddersfield and Cardiff I think, I reckon Rafa might end up jumping ship in Jan when he gets no more money.