Weekend’s other games

whelk

I didn't see it, but The Guardian live commentary said this "It was a slightly reckless tackle, with his studs following through into Jota’s ankle,", but they've subsequently posted this:

"Well this is interesting Apparently the referee sent Jagielka off for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity rather than, as we first thought, serious foul play. That means Jagielka will miss one game rather than three."

No one dislikes Everton more than me (trust me). But I do find this amusing.

A lot of people touching themselves over Wolves - I seen a lot of fans on here and pundits having them in the top 10.

On what basis? Spending a zillion pounds on 59 Portugese players that no one has heard of?

They are poor. They will struggle. Same as any team that comes up.

And they certainly won't finish higher than us.

Agree and expert ex-ref Peter Walton on BT agreed it was a red. Fcking ridiculous IMO. But it is Everton so funny

Expert ex-ref Peter Walton? You obviously don’t remember that match in League 1, I forget the opponents, but he was absolutely abysmal.

Just leaving aside the whole Puel hate thing for a minute. Why would any club give a manager three games of a new season to save his job? If Leicester weren't sure about him why didn't they sack him at the end of the season and get a new guy in for pre-season? Seems bonkers to start your season off possibly looking for a new manager only three games into a season.

But i thought Saints fans forced Puel out for being boring and it had nothing to do with him falling out with players in the squad and them not respecting him. Must just be an organised campaign against him that means that the same stories seem to be coming out from Leicester, because this forum is never wrong

So they’ve let him spend £100m then within a couple of weeks, they’ll sack him? What is wrong with football? Fukkin hell

I would say it was strange but in these days PL it probably isn’t that unusual. Claude probably hasn’t recruited the new players but surely has some input? There’s been rumours that his style of football isn’t their cup of tea either but he had the high scoring game at Spurs and a decent performance at OT. Decision wouldn’t be surprising but timing would be very strange. Not a decision you’d see in any other industry.

In their position, I’d give him a dozen to fifteen games to see if he can get the new signings like Maddison firing and bringing a more attacking approach.

Still, could be paper talk and not even true! Does seem someone behind the scenes there isn’t keen on Claude though.

Just leaving aside the whole Puel hate thing for a minute. Why would any club give a manager three games of a new season to save his job? If Leicester weren't sure about him why didn't they sack him at the end of the season and get a new guy in for pre-season? Seems bonkers to start your season off possibly looking for a new manager only three games into a season.

That dressing room has a pretty good history of ousting a manager who guided them to an achievement beyond their wildest dreams, so if Puel is paid off or like Pearson packed off surreptitiously to manage another of the Thai owners clubs, after 3 games is pretty shabby. Man U away is a tough start to anyone’s seasons.

Rumours have it that Martinez and Henry are waiting in the wings

Martinez and Henry? Thatll be a mess.

Looking forward to Vieira being absolutely cr4p for Nice too. Massive hullabaloo over him for nothing, really.

Just realised I just rubbished Henry and Vieira... I’m not racist btw, I like Chris Hughton :lol:

I would say it was strange but in these days PL it probably isn’t that unusual. Claude probably hasn’t recruited the new players but surely has some input? There’s been rumours that his style of football isn’t their cup of tea either but he had the high scoring game at Spurs and a decent performance at OT. Decision wouldn’t be surprising but timing would be very strange. Not a decision you’d see in any other industry.

In their position, I’d give him a dozen to fifteen games to see if he can get the new signings like Maddison firing and bringing a more attacking approach.

Still, could be paper talk and not even true! Does seem someone behind the scenes there isn’t keen on Claude though.

I know his style was unpopular here due to a lack of goals but Leicester scored 56 last season only the top six scored more (mind you they conceded more goals than us conceding 60) so surely the games must have had more goal mouth action than ours and a must have been pretty attacking..