Weekend’s other games

whelk

Great time to play United - feel like Jose will make a point about his preserved lack of investment and seems to be edging towards an early/mid season dismissal and payout.

United could finish outside the top 6 this season imho - just to be seen if the clubs on the edge (Everton , Leicester, WHU probably) are ready to pounce.

How about a game of super 6 but with all the fixtures. I'll go with

Man Utd 2-1 Leicester

Newcastle 1-1 Spurs

Bournemouth 2-0 Cardiff

Fulham 2-1 Palace

Huddersfield 1-1 Chelsea

Watford 1-0 Brighton

Wolves 2-0 Everton

Liverpool 4-1 West Ham

Saints 1-1 Burnley

Arsenal 1-3 Man City

2 points correct result, 5 for correct score.

So here we are then, back in the grind! This summer has been great football wise, really enjoyed the world cup, which is probably why I'm not as excited about the start of the season as I usually am - no football gap this summer...!

The teams I'll be interested to see this year are Everton, Fulham and Wolves - both in terms of their recruits and their mangers, who are equally high rated in coaching circles. There's always a surprise team who come from no where at the start of the season though - it was Burnley last year, and to a lesser extent Watford at the start.

Man Utd 3-1 Leicester

Newcastle 1-1 Spurs

Bournemouth 2-1 Cardiff

Fulham 3-0 Palace

Huddersfield 0-2 Chelsea

Watford 0-0 Brighton

Wolves 1-1 Everton

Liverpool 3-3 West Ham

Saints 2-0 Burnley

Arsenal 1-2 Man City

Man Utd 0 Leicester 1

Newcastle 0 Spurs 3

Bournemouth 1 Cardiff 1

Fulham 2 Palace 1

Huddersfield 0 Chelsea 1

Watford 2 Brighton 2

Wolves 2 Everton 2

Liverpool 3 West ham 1

Saints 2 Burnley 1

Arsenal 1 Man City 3

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leicester look very handy. No negative Puel-ball.

An equaliser wouldn't be undeserved.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

They're playing the way we set up at the start under Puel. The difference is that they have mobile forwards with a reasonable touch and we did not.

Pogba has gone absent for the majority.

After his initial flurry.

I don’t think he is captain material at all.

It’s all about him....and him only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no different to last season.

you know the hype will kick in about him doing nothing but scoring a penalty....captain fantastic etc

Just watching SSN and the ticker along the bottom is running the various teams news about who is fit and who isn’t, then it comes to Spurs (who have not spent a bean this window) they are assessing the fitness of Lloris, Kane, Alli and Vertongen following the World Cup. If lloris is out as a result then he must be swinging the lead.

Again looking at the SSN ticker, there were a few other teams with players not ready for their teams first game because of the World Cup, just got me thinking what is going to happen with Qatar 22 being played in the middle of the season, how many teams are going to find big superstar sized holes in their team when the season resumes, not to mention the preparation beforehand.

Just watching SSN and the ticker along the bottom is running the various teams news about who is fit and who isn’t, then it comes to Spurs (who have not spent a bean this window) they are assessing the fitness of Lloris, Kane, Alli and Vertongen following the World Cup. If lloris is out as a result then he must be swinging the lead.

Again looking at the SSN ticker, there were a few other teams with players not ready for their teams first game because of the World Cup, just got me thinking what is going to happen with Qatar 22 being played in the middle of the season, how many teams are going to find big superstar sized holes in their team when the season resumes, not to mention the preparation beforehand.

Good point. It might actually even up the league a bit.