Premier League finances.

The Saint

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44850888

I remember reading an article by the owner of a big Italian club where he said that his club could easily allow the supporters to watch for free due to the relatively low percentage that ticket sales generated when compared with other revenue streams.

Looks like there could be more pressure for PL clubs to reduce ticket prices.

This is total nonsense, really. It assumes attendance at home games only affects income. In fact, if your attendance is zero for every match, this is likely to be reflective of a wider problem.

I'm pretty sure that if our average attendance last season was zero, we would have been relegated. That would have cost Saints tens of millions.

This is total nonsense, really. It assumes attendance at home games only affects income. In fact, if your attendance is zero for every match, this is likely to be reflective of a wider problem.

I'm pretty sure that if our average attendance last season was zero, we would have been relegated. That would have cost Saints tens of millions.

I actually think we’d have finished higher, considering 99% of our home support are absolute weapons.

I don't think anyone would seriously suggest we play without fans, but the implication is that we could substantially reduce ticket prices and not affect income to any great degree.

The figures are obviously skewed by capacity of the PL grounds, Bournemouth v Man Utd for instance.

If the deals on offer from TV and sponsorship continue, then a lot of clubs would have a hard time defending ticket prices.

It's interesting to see how much money comes from sources other than matchday income. Be intrigued to see how those percentage proportions have changed over the years.

There tends to be the same argument for reducing ticket prices every year, but that is never going to happen unless you start getting regular reduced crowds of 21-22k at St Marys. If that happened then I'm sure the board would probably sit up and do something about it. As things stand, demand is high enough and fans don't appear all that bothered about fixtures being rescheduled/rarely taking place at more "traditional" times. I genuinely believe the clubs feel supporters will keep coming to games more or less unconditionally, and to be honest they are probably right.