Nice article on MLT

doddisalegend

Supporting a club that has not won many trophies this has always been a cross we collectively have to bear.

However I have been very fortunate to see a number of great players in Saints colours.

Amongst them Le Tizz is a shining light.

A great talent, loyal and a nice man off the pitch.

Bearing in mind his talent, his loyalty and involvement in the community and charities, it is amazing to me that he has never been honoured officially when you read about some of the ne'er do wells who have been honoured

Supporting a club that has not won many trophies this has always been a cross we collectively have to bear.

However I have been very fortunate to see a number of great players in Saints colours.

Amongst them Le Tizz is a shining light.

A great talent, loyal and a nice man off the pitch.

Bearing in mind his talent, his loyalty and involvement in the community and charities, it is amazing to me that he has never been honoured officially when you read about some of the ne'er do wells who have been honoured

Honours aren't just awarded out of the blue, recipients have to be nominated for consideration in the first place . So if anyone with time on their hands wants to set the ball rolling ..... https://www.gov.uk/honours

Matt Le Tissier is the best player I've ever seen play in the flesh for us or anyone else. His son and my daughter were born the same night at the Princess Anne and a fond memory is chatting for hours as two young men (clearly petrified) in the 'Father's room' about everything apart from football - down to earth, funny and makes a decent cup of tea - a genuinely nice chap! The winning trophies thing always comes up in interviews, and I hope at some point he retorts that it's only like playing for Liverpool currently. He should however have won many more England caps, but Gazza was the creative pin up boy at the time even though he was about half the player of Le Tissier. Imagine him for a moment in that Koeman side of a couple of years ago, the nearest Ronald would get to building a team around his boyhood hero, Cruyff.