Other Prem Teams - General Chit Chat

Batman

Really? Why those three?

Probably due to the obscene amount of money they spent between them in the summer.

In other club news, Mourinho has been given a one-year prison sentence by the Spanish authorities for tax evasion...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-taxation-mourinho/mourinho-accepts-one-year-in-prison-in-spanish-tax-case-el-mundo-idUSKCN1LK11R?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Probably due to the obscene amount of money they spent between them in the summer.

In other club news, Mourinho has been given a one-year prison sentence by the Spanish authorities for tax evasion...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-taxation-mourinho/mourinho-accepts-one-year-in-prison-in-spanish-tax-case-el-mundo-idUSKCN1LK11R?feedType=RSS&feedName=sportsNews&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ah right ok. Fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

The Watford v Everton Silva tapping up saga is rumbling along...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/13/everton-face-potential-points-deduction-marco-silva-tapping/

I’d love to see a points deduction if for no other reason than to read the disgruntled comments by the dugout pioneers’ very special legion of online supporters, but I expect to be disappointed.

They won't get a points deduction. The PL are a bunch of pansies and don't want to upset their members, unless they are a small fish. Usmanov - oops no, it's Moshiri isn't it? - has got a lot of money to fight it if he so chooses. And then the problem is, that it opens Pandora's Box with players being tapped up.

Odd that most fans on here were jizzing in those sammy saint caks over West Ham pre season

Not me guv, their recruitment policy always seems to be based on the players they can get that their fans might be impressed by, rather than any kind of squad-building.

Not me guv, their recruitment policy always seems to be based on the players they can get that their fans might be impressed by, rather than any kind of squad-building.

Me neither, nor indeed most fans on here IIRC.

West Ham signing a squad full of expensive, big name marquee signings, with a ‘one last pay day’ manager is always a recipe for hilarity. They will gel, to an extent, and the individual quality they have will be enough to avoid the drop. Can’t see much long term cohesion in it though.

I hate that argument. If you can get people from around the world to pay millions to watch doctors and nurses then they can have the same salary. Being a premier league footballer is just as skilled if not moreso and there is so much money in the game because of its universal appeal.

wow. people's 'worth' based on viewing figures.

Crystal Palace have made representations to the Premier League about the continued rough treatment Wilfried Zaha has received from opponents.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/17/crystal-palace-contact-premier-league-wilfried-zaha-treatment/

My own thoughts are tough tits Wilfred.

Doubt we’d be so relaxed if the shoe was on the other foot. As it is, we have no players worth fouling.

• 2 weeks later...
A lot of gloomy faces around London today wearing West Ham shirts. So sad

Everton, Chelsea and Man Utd next 3 games so could get worse

It hasn't. They have a better manager and players than we've got and have done well in the transfer market, bringing in Fabianski, Felipe Anderson and Yarmolenko in the summer. We have nobody as good as Arnautovic, who cost about the same as we paid for Carrillo.