Hughes Excuse Tracker

Dusic

• 4 weeks later...
I find it interesting that when Saints were in the Europa league it was a curse. A guarantee of a poor season based on playing Thursday nights every week. Every team that’s been in the Europa league has struggled...

For Burnley, it was a blessing, an advantage, having played extra games. So what’s it to be?

It's a blessing until about October, by which time your advantage of playing early competitive games is swallowed up by your team being knackered before everyone else's. Also Burnley played two more games than we did in qualifying.

• 2 months later...

What do we think for Saturday?

A.) We were just a bit leggy from Tuesday night and gave them too much space. But I am seeing good signs that we will get the points we deserve soon.

B.) We are conceding goals a bit too readily at the moment. But I am seeing good signs that we will get the points we deserve soon.

C.) We just haven't quite got that confidence in front of goal at the moment. But I am seeing good signs that we will get the points we deserve soon.