Christoph Klarer

Nordic Saint

Klarer looks a very good prospect. The big Austrian central defender only just turned 18 in June but he is already one of the stars of Saints U23 team so far this season and gave a really dominant display in the Premier League International Cup win v Dinamo Zagreb. It's early days yet but I think he's going to make it all the way to the first team.

• 3 weeks later...
Sunderland want him. I guess it won't be long before the big six clubs are after him. He is our best young player.and probably already the most talented central defender we've got.

https://www.footballfancast.com/league-one/sunderland/sunderland-must-sign-christoph-klarer-on-loan-from-southampton-before-deadline

Isn't that one of those The player Sunderland MUST sign is... articles?

Regardless, he does look a prospect & one of the beneficiaries of Jones going to Scotland.

Isn't that one of those The player Sunderland MUST sign is... articles?

Regardless, he does look a prospect & one of the beneficiaries of Jones going to Scotland.

Yes, I re-read it. You are right. It just seems to be the opnion of that writer but, as you say, he is a prospect and already attracting attention. He's one of those players who is so good you can't fail to be impressed whenever you see him play.

• 10 months later...