Alexandre Jankewitz

del boy

• 2 weeks later...
Is Lubamba from Real Madrid another young player signing we can expect?

The original article by Pete O’Rourke states he's eligible to move when he turns 16 in September.

The Real Madrid website says he was born 14/09/2002.

So I guess we will find out in a couple of days the report is true.

The original article by Pete O’Rourke states he's eligible to move when he turns 16 in September.

The Real Madrid website says he was born 14/09/2002.

So I guess we will find out in a couple of days the report is true.

If you look at Real Madrid official site, he is no longer listed in this year’s youth teams and his profile list Cadete A 2016-2018 whereas existing players still the club have a Cadete A 2017- for example with no ending year.

This probably means he has left Real but question is who will he join? Guess we ll find out in 2 days

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
20 hours ago, LeG said:

Thanks SuperSAINT. I Was indeed very happy for him. Wont be long before he gets his chance now :) Will Ferry also an exciting prospect. 

Is Ferry injured?  Surprised he’s not made the bench.

Little bit here about Ralph on Jankewitz:

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/hasenhuttl-jankewitz-boost-hojbjerg-uncertainty-4275659

• 1 month later...

Lots of talk about who is going to replace Hojbjerg in the squad. 

Harrison Reed...? Maybe...

Weston McKinnie...? Looking doubtful...

Maybe the answer is right under our nose...? 

I keep hearing how promising this Jankewitz lad is so could this be his breakthrough year...? If he's as good as people say he is, why would we want to block his path by buying in a Hojbjerg replacement?

It's not as if he's a "boy" any more... He's 19 this year and is already over a year older than Obefemi was when he made his PL debut (for example).

Yes, I hear the cries of "you can't expect an inexperienced youngster to jump straight into the shoes of an experienced pro"... I get that.... but if we look at our top 3 form in the post-lockdown portion of the season, our 1st choice CM pairing was JWP and Romeu. We actually played better without Hojbjerg. So, it could be said that we're not actually looking for a 'starting 11' replacement for Hojbjerg. 

To my mind, if this Jankewitz fella is the bees knees, then he needs to start getting first team exposure sooner rather than later....

edit: just read that article in the post above.... would appear Ralph is on the same wavelength..... ""I think he's the next young guy for us, this is our way"

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2

Yeah I think he is also another reason why we won't buy a 'Hoj' replacement. Lots of good things heard about this guy, he turned down some big clubs to join our academy and we seemed to shout it from the rooftops when he did sign.

He is very highly thought of, maybe our new midfielder is already under our noses.

Don't forget that Armstrong can also play in the middle (and when he was at Celtic that was his preferred position).  Personally think he's found his best position in our system and would be a shame to move him but could certainly do a job if either JWP or Romeu are injured/suspended.  Also got Smallbone and this Jankewicz fella so although it would be good to get a replacement of some sort it's not an absolute necessity (and it's important to keep some sort of pathway to the first team).

53 minutes ago, trousers said:

Lots of talk about who is going to replace Hojbjerg in the squad. 

Harrison Reed...? Maybe...

Weston McKinnie...? Looking doubtful...

Maybe the answer is right under our nose...? 

I keep hearing how promising this Jankewitz lad is so could this be his breakthrough year...? If he's as good as people say he is, why would we want to block his path by buying in a Hojbjerg replacement?

It's not as if he's a "boy" any more... He's 19 this year and is already over a year older than Obefemi was when he made his PL debut (for example).

Yes, I hear the cries of "you can't expect an inexperienced youngster to jump straight into the shoes of an experienced pro"... I get that.... but if we look at our top 3 form in the post-lockdown portion of the season, our 1st choice CM pairing was JWP and Romeu. We actually played better without Hojbjerg. So, it could be said that we're not actually looking for a 'starting 11' replacement for Hojbjerg. 

To my mind, if this Jankewitz fella is the bees knees, then he needs to start getting first team exposure sooner rather than later....

edit: just read that article in the post above.... would appear Ralph is on the same wavelength..... ""I think he's the next young guy for us, this is our way"

He does look very promising and wouldn't be surprised if he's expected to step up next season - may mean we can spend our Hojbjerg funds elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Just had a quick search, JWP won the award in 2013, Jake Hesketh in 2014, Jake Vokins 2017. Couldn't find anything for the missing years. Will Ferry was named Academy Player of the Year in 2019, if it's the same thing. 🤷‍♂️

Alfie Jones won it in 2016.

• 1 month later...

Hope the signing of Diallo doesn't block Jankewitz pathway into the first team (very similar players....?). Given how highly he's regarded, his head could well be turned by such interest from elsewhere if he doesn't get first team opportunites with us this season.

Edited by trousers

I'm sure if he was good enough for the first team he'd get chances.

He's not really stood out in the u23 matches I've seen him feature in.

He's a pretty big guy for his age and he's not bad at controlling a football, but the rest of his game (particularly his passing) was nowhere near good enough for the first team.

Maybe it would be a good idea to find him a loan so he can get some first-team experience?

28 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

He's a pretty big guy for his age and he's not bad at controlling a football, but the rest of his game (particularly his passing) was nowhere near good enough for the first team.

Maybe it would be a good idea to find him a loan so he can get some first-team experience?

At Barcelona?!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Ralph seems to have a less pessimistic view than that....

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/hasenhuttl-jankewitz-boost-hojbjerg-uncertainty-4275659

Edited by trousers

1) Barcelona wouldn't want him for their first team. He'd be in the Barce B side which is the equivalent to getting a loan in league 2.

2) He's obviously still behind Smallbone in the pecking order.

I didn't say he wasn't a decent prospect for the future, but I've not seen anything from him that would suggest he would currently get into our starting XI. Saying that, Tella managed it and he's a mile away from being good enough.

I expect if we had got further in the League Cup he'd have probably have got some game time, but unless he's improved immeasurably over the last few months I can't really see what he would add to the team.

• 3 months later...

Calling @LeG to the Jankewitz thread

Any idea what's occuring with Jankewitz at the moment?

Hailed as the next big thing to come out of the academy by Ralph at the end of last season but this season he doesn't make the bench when the number of subs has been increased to 9 and we're down to our bare bones.

Injured? Or has his development/emergence taken a step backwards for some reason?

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, trousers said:

Well, that question got answered tonight. Decent cameo. Hopefully earns him a berth on the bench in the PL.

Thought he looked better than all the other younsters. Good touch, pass and movement. 

Edited by Turkish

• Lighthouse changed the title to Alexandre Jankewitz