Carabao Cup - Brighton Away - Build Up

Pamplemousse

FFS !!!! … no trains, no parking

& a NOT so handy guide from OUR club - I am glad both clubs think about us supporters!!???

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-08-27/on-the-road-brighton-vs-saints-carabao-cup-second-round-1819

FFS !!!! … no trains, no parking

& a NOT so handy guide from OUR club - I am glad both clubs think about us supporters!!???

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-08-27/on-the-road-brighton-vs-saints-carabao-cup-second-round-1819

This seems really half hearted from Brighton, they've built their ground in an awkward location on the provision they have transport arrangements provided and just because they're expecting a small crowd they're not bothering with them. I remember going to the Withdean in league one and they had a system in place then despite a tiny ground.

We'll have over 2000 there mostly going by road ffs

This seems really half hearted from Brighton, they've built their ground in an awkward location on the provision they have transport arrangements provided and just because they're expecting a small crowd they're not bothering with them. I remember going to the Withdean in league one and they had a system in place then despite a tiny ground.

We'll have over 2000 there mostly going by road ffs

Just phoned Brighton, all car parks are sold out !!

This is a joke..

right advice would be very helpful guys!

i bought my tickets last week and they haven't even arrived yet despite having 'post' as option.

I am also about to leave for Brighton by CAR- and like everyone have no clue where to park! :(

i'm considering telling them to do one and just park near the stadium :lol:

Just spoken to Bus company in Brighton;

There is a free Park & Ride at Withdean - take the 27 into Brighton then 25 up to Falmer (gonna take about an hour)

or

Park at Lewis (around 12 miles past Amex) & then take the 28 back to Falmer (bus every 15 mins) - parking in Lewis appears to be free after 5pm

Bus tickets are £5 for saver ticket.

Also phoned the club & the bingo bus has sold out.

right advice would be very helpful guys!

i bought my tickets last week and they haven't even arrived yet despite having 'post' as option.

I am also about to leave for Brighton by CAR- and like everyone have no clue where to park! :(

i'm considering telling them to do one and just park near the stadium :lol:

Phone ticket office. They will arrange duplicate for pick up from Amex. Though seems nigh on impossible to get to the sodding stadium anyway so bit of a moot point.

Just spoken to Bus company in Brighton;

There is a free Park & Ride at Withdean - take the 27 into Brighton then 25 up to Falmer (gonna take about an hour)

or

Park at Lewis (around 12 miles past Amex) & then take the 28 back to Falmer (bus every 15 mins) - parking in Lewis appears to be free after 5pm

Bus tickets are £5 for saver ticket.

Also phoned the club & the bingo bus has sold out.

The independent Southampton Away Travel have now laid on an extra coach.

http://southamptonawaytravel.co.uk/cup-fixtures/carabao-cup/brighton-hove-albion/

Probably a better option than the official buses anyway if you're happy going by coach.

Is there really nowhere to park nearby? University? Residential streets? Private match-day car parks?

Is there a big car park near Brighton train station?

There's a nice car park in Trafalgar Street, not too far from the station (5 mins walk). I use it a lot when I visit Brighton. You then get the train to Falmer station (ride takes around 9 mins). Stadium is 5 mins walk from Falmer.

There’s lots pf parking in town which’ll only cost you around £5/£10 for the few hours, pretty sure the Brighton > Falmer train is only about £2.70 as well but they’re a bit of a nightmare post game (although probably not with the expected crowd).

Brighton to Falmer train is free with a match day ticket.

Phone ticket office. They will arrange duplicate for pick up from Amex. Though seems nigh on impossible to get to the sodding stadium anyway so bit of a moot point.

Yeah called them and they arranged for collection from AMEX.

as for parking- was told by brighton to park in trafalguar street and get train to Falmer from there.

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but just saw an Adam Blackmore tweet which speculated that perhaps Yoshida & Gabbiadini haven't been playing because they are going to be sold before the end of the month. Said that if they don't play tonight that could be further evidence.

Hopefully not the case.

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but just saw an Adam Blackmore tweet which speculated that perhaps Yoshida & Gabbiadini haven't been playing because they are going to be sold before the end of the month. Said that if they don't play tonight that could be further evidence.

Hopefully not the case.

Clearly they weren't injured on saturday.

Hopefully not the case.

Merrington mentioned post match on Solent that while they were setting up, that both of them looked like they were being put through a fitness test, so he figured that they obviously were not available as a result.

Be a bit grim if they were moved on.

Gunn.

Stephens, maya, bed, targett.

Moi, oriol, jwp, armstrong.

Davis.

Gabbi.

Presumably this is an ITK snippet rather than opinion (KBS rarely posts anything else I believe), then it's a slightly strange team shape...and I wonder how Davis is still here?

Guess we'll see. Would like to see Gallagher get a few minutes at some point.

Could we turn Stephens into a EPL standard RB?

Hopefully not the case.

Both playing tonight. Yoshida I find it a bit weird he's not in the team before tonight but hopefully he does well and can get back in.

Gabbiadini I'm surprised that everyone is surprised. Hughes doesn't fancy him and its been clear since he came. The few times he has played he's look isolated and is unable to link play. Clearly Hughes trusts Austin over him and even Long brings alot more to the game than Manolo when he plays. Ok he's scored an important goal last season but do people actually watch him play and say "he played well". He's just as useless as Austin is outside the box and its quite clear Hughes trusts Austin more in the box so I dont think its a surprise that Austin is ahead of him when it comes to picking subs.

Feel for him tonight if he has to play with Davis behind him but its a big chance for him tonight to prove a point and show he's got more to his game and enough to start games.

Both playing tonight. Yoshida I find it a bit weird he's not in the team before tonight but hopefully he does well and can get back in.

Gabbiadini I'm surprised that everyone is surprised. Hughes doesn't fancy him and its been clear since he came. The few times he has played he's look isolated and is unable to link play. Clearly Hughes trusts Austin over him and even Long brings alot more to the game than Manolo when he plays. Ok he's scored an important goal last season but do people actually watch him play and say "he played well". He's just as useless as Austin is outside the box and its quite clear Hughes trusts Austin more in the box so I dont think its a surprise that Austin is ahead of him when it comes to picking subs.

Feel for him tonight if he has to play with Davis behind him but its a big chance for him tonight to prove a point and show he's got more to his game and enough to start games.

I thought he looked bright in the Burnley game, and certainly think he offers a lot more than Austin outside the box, with some nice through balls and being more mobile.

Presumably this is an ITK snippet rather than opinion (KBS rarely posts anything else I believe), then it's a slightly strange team shape...and I wonder how Davis is still here?

Guess we'll see. Would like to see Gallagher get a few minutes at some point.

Could we turn Stephens into a EPL standard RB?

I assumed the same re KBS. Personally I like the shape - a balanced 4-4-1-1. Not sure how I feel about Davis behind the striker though. I'd like to see someone there with the ability to pick out Gabbi's runs. JWP may do that, and MOI and Armstrong may have the ability coming in from wide positions.

On my way to the game and be warned trains are as messed up as usual.

Supposed to be back to normal by 6pm.... yeah right.

Strange feeling tonight as supposed B team has more world cup internationals than the 'A' team. Good to see Stephens at right back but worried about Davis.

Still as always COYS

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hopefully not the case.

They are playing!

I assumed the same re KBS. Personally I like the shape - a balanced 4-4-1-1. Not sure how I feel about Davis behind the striker though. I'd like to see someone there with the ability to pick out Gabbi's runs. JWP may do that, and MOI and Armstrong may have the ability coming in from wide positions.

Davis behind the striker, you mean his best position. Good at picking out the through balls. It's when he gets shoved in to defensive mid that he is a problem. More.on earned whether he is fully fit.