Carabao Cup - Brighton Away - Build Up

Pamplemousse

general sale now.

would have expected this to sell out quite easily but still a load available!

be lucky to take 2,000 i think, not so much interest in League Cup until later rounds as shown by our home attendances, doubt if Brighton have sold many either, they are only selling tickets for the lower tiers on the side and none behind the goals

I have bought tickets online but the only option was to collect (not post, presumably as not enough time).

I can't get to the ticket office before the game. The confirmation email says that they have no facility for them to be picked up from the home ground. I'm sure I have picked up tickets on the day for away games before though.

If I phone the ticket office are they likely to be able to help me out somehow?

I have bought tickets online but the only option was to collect (not post, presumably as not enough time).

I can't get to the ticket office before the game. The confirmation email says that they have no facility for them to be picked up from the home ground. I'm sure I have picked up tickets on the day for away games before though.

More likely than anyone on here.

be lucky to take 2,000 i think, not so much interest in League Cup until later rounds as shown by our home attendances, doubt if Brighton have sold many either, they are only selling tickets for the lower tiers on the side and none behind the goals

They only had 14,000 for their "fierce" local Derby with Palace in the FA Cup earlier this year, so it will likely be far less for this stage of the League Cup.

They only had 14,000 for their "fierce" local Derby with Palace in the FA Cup earlier this year, so it will likely be far less for this stage of the League Cup.

Brighton fan I work with reckons there will be about 7000 home fans there, so if we take a couple of thousand we’ll have a fair percentage of the crowd. We’ve almost sold out the first 3 blocks , should shift a few more over the weekend and you can pay on the day . Not an easy one to do by train, would need to go via Clapham on the way back.

Brighton fan I work with reckons there will be about 7000 home fans there, so if we take a couple of thousand we’ll have a fair percentage of the crowd. We’ve almost sold out the first 3 blocks , should shift a few more over the weekend and you can pay on the day . Not an easy one to do by train, would need to go via Clapham on the way back.

Just looked on the OS and only showing S1B as available with about 80 seats remaining in that block. Guess the other 2 are now sold out and S1E/F only go on sale once those 80 are sold.

Would imagine both sides will be virtually fully changed , we definitely have players who could do with game time, especially Gunn, Yoshida, Targett, Ward-Prowse, Gabbiadini

Looks like over 2000 Saints fans making the journey, hopefully we'll be rewarded with a decent performance.

I had the same problem for West Brom away last season, phoned the ticket office and they said I could pick the tickets up at the Hawthorns, had the same thing on my email as well. When I got to the Hawthorns, went to the ticket office picked up tickets for me and my son in an envelope with my name on, no problem. The guy had a whole stack of them as far as I could see as well, so don't think it's to unusual. Would give the SMS ticket office a call and explain your problem.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem for West Brom away last season, phoned the ticket office and they said I could pick the tickets up at the Hawthorns, had the same thing on my email as well. When I got to the Hawthorns, went to the ticket office picked up tickets for me and my son in an envelope with my name on, no problem. The guy had a whole stack of them as far as I could see as well, so don't think it's to unusual. Would give the SMS ticket office a call and explain your problem.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I’ve done that before myself as well, give them a call Tuesday am. The ticket news says you can pay on the day at Brighton, price goes up but might be easier for some of our fans who can’t get to st Mary’s to just do that, hopefully will encourage a few more to make a late decision and travel down on the day.

I'd rather a fairly strong starting XI than a weaker one, especially against Brighton.

Gunn, Cedric, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Targett, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Armstrong, Elyounoussi, Gabbiadini, Gallagher for me, in a formation that suits them all.

I'd rather a fairly strong starting XI than a weaker one, especially against Brighton.

Gunn, Cedric, Yoshida, Vestergaard, Targett, Hojbjerg, Romeu, Armstrong, Elyounoussi, Gabbiadini, Gallagher for me, in a formation that suits them all.

Suspended surely?

Wouldn't mind seeing Gallagher and Gabbiadini up front together.

Cautions are now specific to the competition but red cards apply across all competitions.

I think (but I may well be wrong) that 2 Yellows don't count the same as a "Straight Red".

The decision to make Reds non competion specific is a sensible decision ... it would take a Pompey player 3 seasons to see out a ban for violent conduct in a Cup Match as they never get past the 1st Round :lol:

week after next isnt it? - parking complete ball ache as its in the middle of nowhere - your only option is to park in one of the park and rides - - I would do the Mill Hill one but there are are some closer but book out

I shall be making the boring drive along the coast !! Is the Mill Hill park and ride the best option ?

Be interesting to see if gabbi and yoshida are involved. Missing out will lead to a lot of speculation

Plenty of speculation around now, my guess is they've asked to leave and negotiations are taking place for loans or transfers to clubs abroad. Only a few days left now to sort this out before the window is finally closed in Europe. We'll know by the end of this week.

I would expect the likes of Gunn, Yoshi, Stephens, Bednarek, Targett, Gabbi, Gallagher, JWP, Armstrong and Davis to feature. Hope some of the under 23s are in the squad too like Hesketh, Barnes (3 goals in 3 already), Slattery and Obafemi.

Edited by davefizzy14

I shall be making the boring drive along the coast !! Is the Mill Hill park and ride the best option ?

Yes I would recommend that one - its the first one you come to on the A27 at Hove - bus will take 10mins - anyone can use it

if you want a beer then Dicks bar at the ground - its on the other side of the stadium from the away end