85/86 Season

Yorkshire Saint

I was watching a motd re run of the highlights of our trip to goodison park in 85/86 earlier today. Chris Nicholl was the manager and there was a shot of him on the bench with his assistant manager. I can't find who it was, any ideas? Also the keeper was a third choice 17 year old called Granger....id never heard of him.

Granger

Forrest

Tankard

Case

Gittens

Whitlock

Townsend

Cockerill

Lawrence

Armstrong

Wallace

The keeper was Keith Granger ended up working in docks. We got battered i his debut I think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Indeed, but he was to have a far more profound impact on Saints history, than a couple of appearances............

Keith had a training school in Winchester and also did some work for Saints. It was a bounced cheque to him for £500 that put Saints into administration.

The rest is history .....................

I think Grainger only played twice. From memory let in 6 at Everton and the following week 5 at spurs, with Shilton missing a rare couple of matches.

The game at spurs (5-3?) was my first ‘run of the mill’ away game. Went with a mate who knew Keith a bit.

Barton was my guess too. Hadn’t heard the bouncing cheque story.