Weekend 18/19 Aug - Other Games

Batman

Cardiff play the Warnock way. DIRECT. They make Tony Pulis look like a football purist!! Hope they get the least ever amount of points in The EPL.

Amazing Stats from last season........ http://www2.squawka.com/football-team-rankings#possession-&-passing#team-stats#english-football-league---championship|season-2017/2018#0#90#any#any#season#1#all-matches#total

3rd Lowest Possession Average 47% .... ball always in the air and then possession lost every 1 in 3 passes attempted.

Least amount of successful passes (7010) made and lowest % (61) of successful passes completed!!!! Over 800 less successful than the next lowest and 11000 less than Fulham.

2nd Highest average distance per pass made 22 metres :rolleyes:

If the League Table was based on "Passing related Stats" they'd have finished bottom of The League.

You have to pity their fans having to watch them week in week out ..... somehow it worked in The Chumpionship, but it MUST fail in The EPL .... except Liverpool :lol:

Wow, didn’t think there could be a worse PL game than Watford v Sheffield Utd but a decade on, this surpassed it. One of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen by Kenedy.

Good result for Saints though with neither side getting 3 points. We are poor but surely not as bad as that excuse for sport?

Emery won’t last long at this rate

Yeah, that's a typical saints forum view. Brought in to rebuild a team, and less than a game & half in (against Manchester City & Chelsea as well) they're struggling not surprisingly so let's give him the chop.

He’s not that great anyway.

That's right, did a terrible job with Sevilla. All those nights in the Champions League & Europa League at a club with similar income to Saints. Terrible. Useless.

Yeah, that's a typical saints forum view. Brought in to rebuild a team, and less than a game & half in (against Manchester City & Chelsea as well) they're struggling not surprisingly so let's give him the chop.

That's right, did a terrible job with Sevilla. All those nights in the Champions League & Europa League at a club with similar income to Saints. Terrible. Useless.

Sarri won’t last long at this rate

On the basis of what we’ve seen so far, there are definitely worse teams than Saints. West Ham continue to be a mess, Burnley have been crap, Huddersfield have lost 2 tough fixtures but 8 goals conceded will be a worry. Nothing from the promoted sides looks particularly special either.

On the basis of what we’ve seen so far, there are definitely worse teams than Saints. West Ham continue to be a mess, Burnley have been crap, Huddersfield have lost 2 tough fixtures but 8 goals conceded will be a worry. Nothing from the promoted sides looks particularly special either.

If Burnley are 'crap', why didn't we beat them?

Having said that, I agree with you and stand by my prediction of 15th.

and yet for an hour, they were by far the better side than us. But that was because they are more 'in' for the season then we are....or something

and yet for an hour, they were by far the better side than us. But that was because they are more 'in' for the season then we are....or something

We've got a touch of gastroenteritis as a team -- Problems at both ends.

Hughes needs to sort out both problems.

We've had the chances to win both games. I'm not saying we deserved to but we were in them and had Austins header gone in etc. we could have 6 points despite playing poorly. Our 2 games have been nowhere near as bad as a few other teams.

If we'd gone to somewhere like Everton and lost 3-0 without a shot on target, as we have in the past, then I'd be more worried.

We've had the chances to win both games. I'm not saying we deserved to but we were in them and had Austins header gone in etc. we could have 6 points despite playing poorly. Our 2 games have been nowhere near as bad as a few other teams.

If we'd gone to somewhere like Everton and lost 3-0 without a shot on target, as we have in the past, then I'd be more worried.

We have won something like 3 games in 19 this Calendar year.

I'd say "nearly scoring" isn't good enough and we need to start winning.

I bet every team is looking at us thinking "that's three points".

Judging whether we are better than other sides at present is dangerous, Look at Palace they looked dead and buried last season so I would assume every team (including us) will improve at some point.