Weekend 18/19 Aug - Other Games

Batman

Yes, BUT, Brighton have been positive and had a right good go at them. Can you see us doing this any time soon? No, thought not.

If we start with a back 3, no.

But something like yesterday, without the chuckle brothers in defence, yes

442 Would work for us if we had a more dynamic front line. No Austin, sadly

Edited by Batman

Brighton started at a tempo that we rarely find at home.

No messing at the back, direct but neat and looking to create chances in wide areas. Making defenders defend, which many cannot do very well.

Noticeably good work rate and pressing.

Don't see them going down. So far Cardiff, Hudds, Newcastle, Wolves and Saints look the poorest sides to me. All lack goals above all else.

No messing at the back, direct but neat and looking to create chances in wide areas. Making defenders defend, which many cannot do very well.

Don't see them going down. So far Cardiff, Hudds, Newcastle, Wolves and Saints look the poorest sides to me. All lack goals above all else.

Don't see Wolves being poor. Took Everton apart and looked unlucky yesterday........

I know it's only early days, but having watched teams like Watford, Brighton and Bournemouth play far more attractive football, and look all together more at-the-races, I have to say we'll be bottom 6 this season, unless there's a major change. I really don't know what the problem is. We've got some decent players but whoever is in charge is seemingly incapable of getting them to click. Nobody seems to know our strongest team, which can mean only one thing. We've got too many average players who lack any cutting edge.

On paper we are nowhere near the worst side in this league. In terms of bottle, fight and sheer football nous we are rock bottom.

On paper we are nowhere near the worst side in this league. In terms of bottle, fight and sheer football nous we are rock bottom.

Mourinho is clearly on another collision course with the hierarchy at Old Trafford. Rather like his last season at Chelsea nothing is his fault, and others are contriving against him.

Fun to watch.

He was claiming yesterday that Liverpool are trying to buy the title. how much did Martial Bailly and Lindelof cost? Not to mention Pogba and Lukaku. The bloke has lost his stardust and needs to get the boot

Brighton were dreadful and didn’t have a shot against Watford. Don’t get carried away after a couple of games.

Watford were one of the sides I thought would struggle this season, but two wins out of two.Perhaps it'll be a season where "anyone can beat anyone". Just hope we partake and pick up the wins along the way also.

He was claiming yesterday that Liverpool are trying to buy the title. how much did Martial Bailly and Lindelof cost? Not to mention Pogba and Lukaku. The bloke has lost his stardust and needs to get the boot

But apparently it's their CEO's fault for not spending even more..

FFS Bournemouth & Brighton play some lovely entertaining football compared to us. What is going on at our club right now??

Yeah, just like us when we came up. We played exciting football and really went for it. Killed teams off and recruited brilliantly. Now I fear our club are more interested in staying in the league by spending the bare minimum to do so, rather than pushing on to Europe. I hope this season the team really go for it.

Yeah and as much as I hate pool a lot of their spend was offset by the 130mil sale of coutinho yet mourinho seems to forget about that. The bloke is a moron

Watford have looked decent with a back four of Cathcart, Kabasele, Janmaat and Holebas. Would you really pick that over our best back four. Think its a case of Hughes settling on our best back line and sticking with it. Vestergaard, Yoshida, Bertrand and Cedric please

Mourinho is clearly on another collision course with the hierarchy at Old Trafford. Rather like his last season at Chelsea nothing is his fault, and others are contriving against him.

Fun to watch the Mancs implode.

to be fair Woodwood is their Les Reed. He sits there playing his own fantasy football choosing who he buys. Woodwood just looks an arrogant ****, something similar to our own man.

Utd needed a good centre back and wasnt bought.

to be fair Woodwood is their Les Reed. He sits there playing his own fantasy football choosing who he buys. Woodwood just looks an arrogant ****, something similar to our own man.

Utd needed a good centre back and wasnt bought.

not sure what woodward has done wrong? it is the manager.

I bet if you swapped Jose and Pep around (and the players remained), Pep would have united above city........

Edited by Batman

Brighton were hard working and neat but Utd gifted them that game, this is a Brighton team that didn't manage a shot on target last week I wouldn't get carried away.

First goal no one gets out to the cross, it then goes through the legs of Bailly, everyone else is asleep at the near post, great finish though.

2nd goal terrible clearance back across the goal and they then fail to clear properly which allows it to come back in.

3rd goal terrible chipped ball by De Gea into midfield, Fred completely isolated struggles to take down the difficult ball and then the two centre backs are miles apart so it's easy to slip the ball into Gross who is free in the middle, who's first touch is awful and is going away from goal but Bailly still slides in rashly and gives the pen away.

Brighton after that didn't have to do much but keep working hard and sit in, especially with all the speculative balls that Fred and Pogba played in the 2nd half, lost count the amount of times those two passed the ball off the pitch.

Credit to Brighton for their work ethic and good shape, but they won that game because Utd gifted them 3 silly goals and it showed in the 2 goals they conceded that with any sort of pressure on them they will concede goals, Utd just never managed to put that sustained pressure in, mainly because their midfield played so badly.

As Danny Murphy said, you can't see Liverpool and Man City going away to a relegation threatened team and playing 3 defensive minded mids and then sitting back for the first 20-30 mins letting that team gain confidence and get in the game.

I bet if you swapped Jose and Pep around (and the players remained), Pep would have united above city........

Pep has basically bought who he wanted to be fair. I don't follow Spanish football but did Pep win the league against Mourinho every time??? I really don't know.

As for Woodwood. The manager gives him a list of players he wants. Woodwood doesn't fancy them and so goes through the motions of asking clubs price 'you want £50m , well I offer £10m, No Ok bye.'

Goes back to Jose 'I tried Jose but couldn't do a deal, but I can get XXx.' Its simple

Pep has basically bought who he wanted to be fair. I don't follow Spanish football but did Pep win the league against Mourinho every time??? I really don't know.

could you imagine the state of Sterling under Jose?

Or Delph at LB for a season, even david silva?

Then imagine Rashord for city, would be a brilliant player. Where as Fellaini would not be considered for Klopp/Pep/Pochettino

I believe Madrid (under Jose) won the league while pep was at Barcelona...they got something like 100 points that season

Edited by Batman

could you imagine the state of Sterling under Jose?

Or Delph at LB for a season, even david silva?

Then imagine Rashord for city, would be a brilliant player. Where as Fellaini would not be considered for Klopp/Pep/Pochettino

Lindgard has come on under Jose. The media want Mourinho gone as he is a barrier to Liverpool. All the ex Liverpool players are trying to destabilise Utd. Klopp is doing well and I really want him to fail,it will be funny for me if they fail to win anything this season. Klopp 3 seasons not won a trophy. Jose has won 3or4 in wo. Ok it is not exciting football but.

e is also under pressure as the Utd fans don't like their neighbours whohave been second best for decades were doing better...ring any bells with us a few years back. Wedidnt worry if it was Leicester,but your nearest fierce rivals?, all adds to the pressure Utd are under. Im not sure Fergie would have coped, he was already talking noisy neighbours before he left.

Lindgard has come on under Jose. The media want Mourinho gone as he is a barrier to Liverpool. All the ex Liverpool players are trying to destabilise Utd. Klopp is doing well and I really want him to fail,it will be funny for me if they fail to win anything this season. Klopp 3 seasons not won a trophy. Jose has won 3or4 in wo. Ok it is not exciting football but.

e is also under pressure as the Utd fans don't like their neighbours whohave been second best for decades were doing better...ring any bells with us a few years back. Wedidnt worry if it was Leicester,but your nearest fierce rivals?, all adds to the pressure Utd are under. Im not sure Fergie would have coped, he was already talking noisy neighbours before he left.

either way, united are terrible

When Gary Neville and Paul Scholes slate them, I doubt it is because they want Liverpool to succeed

Fergy would have coped. He was the greatest ever

Edited by Batman

United are the most expensive brick shîthouse side in the world. Quite an accolade for Mourinho.

This is nonsense. Up until this summer mourinho has got everything he’s asked for and he’s no shrinking violet in the transfer market. Things are a bit different this summer but at some point the manager has to get the best out of what he has at his disposal.

Edited by shurlock

Mourinho has lost his way, overtaken by a fresher breed of progressive managers. He keeps bleating on about teams 'buying' the title, but this is a Utd team who spent £95m on Lukaku and £90m on Pogba, in addition to the huge outlay on Sanchez and the £35m each on Bailly and Lindelof.

The bloke has become a parody of himself. Needs to go back to Portgual.

Mourinho has lost his way, overtaken by a fresher breed of progressive managers. He keeps bleating on about teams 'buying' the title, but this is a Utd team who spent £95m on Lukaku and £90m on Pogba, in addition to the huge outlay on Sanchez and the £35m each on Bailly and Lindelof.

The bloke has become a parody of himself. Needs to go back to Portgual.

Yep, it definitely feels like this. I know he has always been a bit controversial, but when he was first here those comments seemed to be effective mind games - you might not have liked him but you could appreciate how he was operating. Now he just comes across as a bitter old man. That was what made Ferguson such an impressive manager, that he was always adapting to the changes and challenges in the game.

I mean, it is true that Manchester City are only up there because of unlimited money, but United have lost the moral high ground with that in recent seasons. As much as it pains me to say it, only Tottenham (Arsenal to a lesser extent) can really claim to be in that top bracket because of anything other than outspending everyone else by a ridiculous margin.