Leicester City Build Up

Saint Albert

Has to be 433/4231

It’s what we have the players for

Austin not to start please and no way Do we want a pairing at the back to the chuckle brothers

McCarthy

Cedric

vest

yoshida

Bertrand

Rom

Hoj/Lemina

Armstrong

Remond

Mo

Ings

Has to be 433/4231

Austin not to start please and no way Do we want a pairing at the back to the chuckle brothers

McCarthy

Cedric

vest

yoshida

Bertrand

Rom

Hoj/Lemina

Armstrong

Remond

Mo

Ings

This all the way.

Home v a team managed by Puel. This game must have interesting possibilities. But anything less than a home win will be disappointing.

Hopefully not 5 at the back, the cumbersome Austin on the bench, and Gabbiadini and Ings to start would be my choice.

Anything other than a win will mean a poor start to the season. We need to start getting points and building confidence.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The 5 points we picked up in our first three games last season proved absolutely crucial. Like last season, we have a relatively easy start to the season, not having to play any of the big 6. Fixtures will get much more difficult than this and points will be harder to come by. So, you are right, a home win v a weakened Leicester team is vital.

McCarthy

Cedric

Yoshida

Vestergaard

Bertrand

Lemina

Hojbjerg

Redmond

Armstrong

Elyounossi

Ings

This, for the rest of the season please. I was luckily enough to miss the first half of today's game as I was sleeping through it, but as soon as I saw the line up, I thought "formation better, personnel wrong". OK, Vestergaard was ill, but really we need our best players playing. The above, with possibly Romeu or Gabbiadini slipping in, is our strongest team.

Vardy suspended could help us, but we have a history of Iheanacho scoring against us, so that alone is written in the stars. We need a win pretty quickly - I'd hope for 6 points from the next 3 games.

-----------------McCarthy----------------

-Cedric-Vestergaard-Yoshida-Bertrand-

-----Prowse---Armstrong---Lemina-----

-----Redmond----Ings---Elyounoussi---

Subs; Gunn, Bednarek, Targett, Romeu, Højbjerg, Gabbiadini, Austin.

In reality it will probably be Hoedt and Stephens again and a 4-4-2 featuring Gabbi or Austin instead of Armstrong.

Has to be 433/4231

McCarthy

Cedric

vest

yoshida

Bertrand

Rom

Hoj/Lemina

Armstrong

Remond

Mo

Ings

Spot on for me too but Hoj not Lemina.

Some players that have recently started or featured should be miles away from the team and swapped with Targett, McQueen, Gallagher and Sims.

I'd go with similar teams to Batman and Appy.

-------------McCarthy--------------

Cedric-Vest--Yoshida-Bertrand

-----------Romeu--Lemina------------

---------------Armstrong---------------

----Gabbi-------Ings--------Mo------

Bench: Gunn, Stephens, Bednarek, Hojbjerg, JWP, Redmond, Austin

Slightly harsh on Redmond who has been one of our best players so far but evidence suggests he won't suddenly start producing goals and assists.

Ings has shown a willingness to pull wide and look for a strike partner in the box so I think having Gabbiadini ghosting in might work.

That team has 4 players you would realistically hope would get a few goals from open play over a season and should be reasonably solid.

Not sure what team I would go for. Problem is that Romeu and Lemina are both horribly off form/off the pace and are offering no protection to our defence, and letting in attacks especially down our left side. Bertrand also is very poor defensively at the moment (and not offering much in attack). But who do you replace Romeu and Lemina with? Hojbjerg? Pssibly. Or do we continue to hope that Romeu and Lemina find their feet and start doing what we know they can do. I want to see Targett instead of Bertrand but can't see Hughes dropping Bertie as he is currently the skipper. He could play him left of the back 3 but prefer Yoshida there (why is he not playing? Is there something going on, he is infinitely better than Hoedt who continues to be a complete disaster - but he will improve and one day be good, I'm sure). Austin has to be benched.

I would go with McCarthy, Stephens, Vestergaard, Yoshida, Cedric, Targett, Romeu, Armstong, Moi, Ings, Gabbi but I know that won't happen.

Though I’d like to Gabbiadini In we really do need to flood the midfield and build from there at the moment.

That's too simplistic a view on it. There are many formations which could work with the players we have, it's about how we play them. Poor finishing and defensive mistakes cost us against Everton, no formation in the world will get Austin's header on target, allow Cedric to win a header or make Hoedt and Stephens good players.

Ings and Gabbi would give Leicester a lot of problems, if we play them correctly. I'd go with:

- - - - - - - - McC - - - - - - - -

Cedric - Yoshi - Vest - Bertrand

- - - Lemina - - - Romeu - - -

- - - - - - - Armstrong - - - - -

Redmond - - - - - - - - - Gabbi

- - - - - - - - - Ings - - - - - - -

Has to be 433/4231

McCarthy

Cedric

vest

yoshida

Bertrand

Rom

Hoj/Lemina

Armstrong

Remond

Mo

Ings

This or this:

McCarthy

Cedric

Yoshida

Vestergaard

Bertrand

Redmond

Lemina

Armstrong

Elyounoussi

Gabbiadini

Ings

This or this:

McCarthy

Cedric

Yoshida

Vestergaard

Bertrand

Redmond

Lemina

Armstrong

Elyounoussi

Gabbiadini

Ings

Neither will happen because..

A: It would mean the fans would be happy

And

B: We would win

Neither of those things happen anymore.

That's too simplistic a view on it. There are many formations which could work with the players we have, it's about how we play them. Poor finishing and defensive mistakes cost us against Everton, no formation in the world will get Austin's header on target, allow Cedric to win a header or make Hoedt and Stephens good players.

Ings and Gabbi would give Leicester a lot of problems, if we play them correctly. I'd go with:

- - - - - - - - McC - - - - - - - -

Cedric - Yoshi - Vest - Bertrand

- - - Lemina - - - Romeu - - -

- - - - - - - Armstrong - - - - -

Redmond - - - - - - - - - Gabbi

- - - - - - - - - Ings - - - - - - -

Oh ‘simplistic’ ..... Really...

If it’s about individual mistakes then you can put one of your choices for your midfield right up there. Romeu has been very poor for a long time now...

Clumsy, slow of thought and well short of the required level.

Not fit to clean Wanyama’s boots.

Which is it? Relegated or not? You're a bundle of optimism

To be fair, most bookies already have us at 7/2 to be relegated. If we fail to beat Leicester, those odds are going to shorten further. The range most bookies and pundits expect us to fall into this season is lower mid table to bottom 3. Judging from the posts on here so far this season, it seems that nearly all of us would be pleasantly surprised if we did any better than that. Let's hope that we beat Leicester and have some real cause for optimism.

I would really like us to show Puel that we are no longer afraid of taking risks, we have left his brand of football behind. Let's have a go. If we don't win, fair enough, but I want to see some expansive football. A couple of goals would be nice too. Last year was a shambles, but that was mostly down to the players not putting a shift in for Pellegrino.

It seems the vast majority can agree on the same 11, here's hoping Hughes will deliver it. Without Vardy this is a winnable game, and can we please win some of our home games this season. That will be the difference between another battle against relegation or comfy mid table.

Leicester are a better team than Everton,

Don't think they are, without Mahrez the offensive ability of that team is diminished a lot, very hard to replace someone that contributed 12 goals and 10 assists last year.

Without Vardy as well they'll be facing us without a pairing that scored 32 of their league goals last year, almost 60% of the team's goals.

Oh ‘simplistic’ ..... Really...

If it’s about individual mistakes then you can put one of your choices for your midfield right up there. Romeu has been very poor for a long time now...

Clumsy, slow of thought and well short of the required level.

Not fit to clean Wanyama’s boots.

Agreed, Romeu shouldn’t play, been dreadful for ages, fans seem to like him because he aimlessly flies into tackles.

Agreed, Romeu shouldn’t play, been dreadful for ages, fans seem to like him because he aimlessly flies into tackles.

Who you gonna play instead?

Lemina - has been mixed generally poor for a while but clearly has some ability

Hoj - just awful can't string two passes together has had about three good games in two seasons

Romeu - has also been poor for a while though unlike the other two has actually had a good PL season so has proved capable of playing well in the PL

Davis - aging always looks awful when played as a holding midfielder

JWP - enough said.

Armstrong - totally waste of his abilities.

Stephens - out of position still won't win a header.

There is a reason why Romeu and Lemina will play most of this season as the holding in midfields because our other options are even worse.

Hoj - just awful can't string two passes together has had about three good games in two seasons

Romeu - has also been poor for a while though unlike the other two has actually had a good PL season so has proved capable of playing well in the PL

JWP - enough said.

There is a reason why Romeu and Lemina will play most of this season as the holding in midfields because our other options are even worse.

Are you saying this man doesn't know what he's talking about?

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/southampton/news/reed-southampton-have-best-midfield-in-pl_276561.html

Going to have to marshal Maddison closely, he looks a hell of a talent.

----------------McCarthy-----------------------

Cedric----Yoshida----Vestergaard-----Bertrand

------------Lemina---Hojbjerg----------------

----------------Armstrong---------------------

Elyounossi------------------------Redmond

-------------------Ings-----------------------

JWP - enough said.

Very unfair on Hoijberg. He was excellent for much of last season.

Agree re Davis and Lemina

JWP is better in the middle as he doesn’t have the pace or skill to play out wide and is wasted there imo.

Genuinely think Harry Reed has more to his game than Romeu. Better range of passing, faster, more agile, knows how to tackle.

McCarthy

Cedric Yoshi Vesterguard Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Armstrong

Gabbiadini Ings Mo

Please just play this team for 10 games and let them gel. For once, please, a coherent team with attacking intent and movement. I can't watch anymore of Austin and Long it's too painful.

I agree with that team.

If Moi isn’t fit, I’d go with JWP on the right (instead of Gabbi) as we need someone to take free kicks/corners. Redmond or McQueen as back-up choice for the left side.

Very pleased about Vardy being out, that means they will play Iheanacho who looked poor against United, Vestegaard and Yoshi should be able to handle him easily.

Obviously if Hoedt and Stephens start again then we'll concede about 4 headed goals.

This is the last Saints-Leicester game while I'm living with the in-laws who are massive Leicester fans, hope we can get something out of this one.