Leicester City Build Up

Saint Albert

I would go with...

--------------McCarthy--------------

Cedric---Yoshida---Vest---Bertrand

---------Romeu---Lemina----------

Redmond--Armstrong--Elyounoussi

----------------Ings------------------

I think our season depends on how Armstrong and Elyounoussi get on. We struggled for creativity last season, they flogged our best player so if these two don't come up trumps we are going to struggle massively. We needed a big shake up with our attacking players in the summer but we didn't get it.

I would go with...

--------------McCarthy--------------

Cedric---Yoshida---Vest---Bertrand

---------Romeu---Lemina----------

Redmond--Armstrong--Elyounoussi

----------------Ings------------------

We needed a big shake up with our attacking players in the summer but we didn't get it.

This summer they signed 3 attacking players for the first team, how is that not a "big shake up"? In a 4-2-3-1 like you just suggested that is 75% of the attacking line-up of new players.

This summer they signed 3 attacking players for the first team, how is that not a "big shake up"? In a 4-2-3-1 like you just suggested that is 75% of the attacking line-up of new players.

Because we lost two, one being our best player and still have a load of dead wood wasting squad positions and wages. Why exactly are Davis and Long still here? Even JWP could have been upgraded.

6abd0126ec1f2d80967a5e939824a410.png

At home I think this would do well.

Take the game to them

The biggest problem we have had the last two games is controlling the middle of the park. Its pretty hard to take the game to them when you cant get hold of the ball and keep hold of it for a bit that midfield would get overrun.

First home game of the season for me. Looking forward to it. Vardy being suspended is a big relief. Need to get an early goal and push on from there. It will be key for Ings to out-muscle Maguire on occasions - not an easy task. Agree with others - it's time for our creative players to show what they can do. Get Lemina to run a few games like he showed in glimpses last year.

The biggest problem we have had the last two games is controlling the middle of the park. Its pretty hard to take the game to them when you cant get hold of the ball and keep hold of it for a bit that midfield would get overrun.

They can’t overrun us if they’re back defending. Read a stat the other day that we were one of the lowest teams in the league for sitting back and not pressuring forward.

It’s a dice worth rolling. Need momentum. Also Armstrong is a midfielder, it’s not that he can’t defend or tackle. If we’ve played JWP there before I’m sure Armstrong will be at the very least an improvement with the skill and guile to bring the ball forward when opportunity rises

Gabbi and Ings up top for me. Maybe Gabbi and Austin with Ings in behind. Had enough of all the trendy one up front and keep possession BS. Fully expect Arsenal to struggle under Emery having read his comments about one up front and 'possibilities' today. Another foreign knobjockey manager constipating the Premier League.

3 at the back today?

Don't see any reason why it won't be. It would have been last week if Jannik hadn't been ill, [people thinking we are going to switch back to a 4 are being a bit naive in my mind (but we will see). Stephens, Vestergaard, Yoshida, just hope Hughes realises how bad Hoedt currently is and that Yoshida is a far better option. Main issue for me is whether we stick with Romeu and Lemina in the middle, they are both good players but don't seem to be able play together, and together with Bertrand (and Hoedt) were the primary cause of our problems last week. IIt may be better to drop Lemina but its diffcult dropping your best players when they are simply out of form with no really good alternatives available (Hojbjerg is the best we have). Maybe Romeu and Armstrong in CM with Redmond, Gabbi and Ings up front. Would prefer Moi to Redmond but sounds like he is not fully fit.

Mc Carthy

Cedric Vestergaard Hoedt Bertrand

Pierre Lemina

Elyounoussi Ings Redmond

Long

Imagine if we actually start with Long. FFS.

No, please not

I’ll have a pint of what your on please....

Just odd - Hoedt yeah right and - yeah well

:lol: