Leicester City Build Up

Saint Albert

Which is it? Relegated or not? You're a bundle of optimism

He is being optimistic, nobody in their right mind expects us to be as high as 15th. For what it is worth anything other than 20th looks increasingly like wishful thinking. We are a skill level below most other teams now for a number of reasons which have been well aired on the forum.

Hughes needs to work out his best team and formation to get more control in midfield. For 60 minutes against Burnley and most of the Everton game we just surrendered the middle of the park. Doing that is putting to much pressure on the defence and making it really hard to build meaningful attacks what we need ( especially at home) is the last 30 minutes of the Burnley game where we were in control and putting allsorts of pressure on Burnley.

Need to come straight out of the blocks and get in their faces. Start slow as we have done in first two games and it will be more of the same. Hughes needs to get them fired up from the first kick.
Irrespective of the team, this. We need to start right and keep it going for 90 minutes. We played for half an hour against Burnley and then 45 against Everton. Put a full shift in and we should be getting our first 3 points,.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

He is being optimistic, nobody in their right mind expects us to be as high as 15th. For what it is worth anything other than 20th looks increasingly like wishful thinking. We are a skill level below most other teams now for a number of reasons which have been well aired on the forum.

One of them being the fact we've won just 1 home league game in the last ten months so a win v Leicester could signal an upturn in our fortunes.

Very unfair on Hoijberg. He was excellent for much of last season.

Agree re Davis and Lemina

JWP is better in the middle as he doesn’t have the pace or skill to play out wide and is wasted there imo.

Genuinely think Harry Reed has more to his game than Romeu. Better range of passing, faster, more agile, knows how to tackle.

Cant really say that though, JWP has created more chances than Redmond and at least had a shot at goal in 60 mins of game time to Redmonds 180 min + injury of game time and JWP never got on the field against a pretty average Burnley side and managed a better performance than Redmond against a very good Everton team in which Redmond was the worst player on the pitch.

Cant really say that though, JWP has created more chances than Redmond and at least had a shot at goal in 60 mins of game time to Redmonds 180 min + injury of game time and JWP never got on the field against a pretty average Burnley side and managed a better performance than Redmond against a very good Everton team in which Redmond was the worst player on the pitch.

How was Redmond the worst player on the pitch against Everton that accolade certainly goes jointly to the calamity brothers at CB. Even then Romeu, Lemina, Austin and Cedric are all up there before Redmond.

Just had a gander on the Leicester forum, they seem pretty confident of the win. They don't like Mark Hughes very much

Why wouldn't they be? They thrashed as SMS last season and should have won easily at their place as well. They have a very good keeper one decent CB and that kid from Norwich, that they beat us to, who looks handy. We will probably have Hoedt in defence so if I was them I'd be confident to.

Just had a gander on the Leicester forum, they seem pretty confident of the win. They don't like Mark Hughes very much

Tbh I wasn't his biggest fan when he was at other clubs. He seemed dour, was often complaining, and I thought Stoke were pretty dirty at times when things weren't going their way against us. I imagine that fans of other clubs had and still have exactly the same opinion.

The fact he came here and got the players playing more adventurous football, playing with a bit more belief & bite and ultimately kept us up has improved my view of him, but no reason why other fans would change theirs because of that.

Why wouldn't they be? They thrashed as SMS last season and should have won easily at their place as well. They have a very good keeper one decent CB and that kid from Norwich, that they beat us to, who looks handy. We will probably have Hoedt in defence so if I was them I'd be confident to.

I don't see how Puel, Maguire, Maddison and Schmeichel are significantly better than Hughes, Vest, Armstrong and McC in their respective positions.

They've got a decent chance of a win but so have we. If we stick with 2 at the back, there's no guarantee Hoedt will start and if he does I think he will do better in a pair with Vest, as he did in the second half against Burnley.

Will we? Any chance we will have everyone's top 2 choices - Messrs Yoshida and Vestergaard - shirted and booted for this one?

Will we? Any chance we will have everyone's top 2 choices - Messrs Yoshida and Vestergaard - shirted and booted for this one?

Not everyone’s first choice! Personally very happy that Yoshida isnt playing on a regular basis. He is a good squad player but not good enough to be a first team starter. Yes, he had a good World Cup but don’t forget he is prone to making mistakes that lead to goals being given away nearly every game. Yes he’s even worse then Wesley Hoedt!

Not everyone’s first choice! Personally very happy that Yoshida isnt playing on a regular basis. He is a good squad player but not good enough to be a first team starter. Yes, he had a good World Cup but don’t forget he is prone to making mistakes that lead to goals being given away nearly every game. Yes he’s even worse then Wesley Hoedt!

Lol Yoshida with no legs would be better than Hoedt..

Maybe there’s still hope for you pal. If I’d wager anyone taking doddsy’s statement literally and challenging it, it would be you.

#pleasantlysurprised

‘You do realise that players with no legs would have to play in wheelchairs? How would Yoshida still be better then Hoedt if he had to try and chase strikers in a wheelchair? What would he kick the ball with? Can you show me evidence of a Premier League player who has successfully played without any legs?’

They did that with Mahrez and Vardy whom they will not have, plus the year before they got comfortably beaten 3-0 at St Mary's.

Plus they have pretty terrible away form all round as well.

So not sure why they are that confident, they were pretty lucky against Wolves as well and have been in fairly poor form for the last 6 months hence why Puel is under pressure for his job.

‘You do realise that players with no legs would have to play in wheelchairs? How would Yoshida still be better then Hoedt if he had to try and chase strikers in a wheelchair? What would he kick the ball with? Can you show me evidence of a Premier League player who has successfully played without any legs?’

:lol:

Just seen on the O/s Southampton Pride is in Saturday commencing an hour before kick off so it could interfere with your travel plans. I guess Southampton is going to be really busy on match day.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-08-23/southampton-pride-2018-lead-sporting-partner

Didn't they have pride month recently and then a pridendayall around London? Is there now a pride event for every city in the UK at different times of the year? If so that's a bit excessive I would have thought.

Injury latest:

@AdamBlackmore: Moi Elyounoussi still a doubt for #saintsfc against Leicester this weekend - a slight hip problem exacerbating his hamstring issue. Trained today though.

Stuart Armstrong full fit now after calf issue v Burnley and “very much in my mind” says Mark Hughes about selection.

Hughes Prezzer...

Disappointed with the results so far

periods in both games where we have asked questions of the opponents

Pleased with 2nd half against Burnley and want that for 90 mins on Sat

Last week, always a hard fixture, new managers first home game

Defensive lapses damaged us really. It was an OK performance by us

I expect us to be better than that really

I have an idea of the best 11. Still a few things to sort, players have had broken pre seasons

Next few weeks, all will be resolved with everyone on the same level with fitness

we have to dominate teams better really

Leicester will not be an easy game, they gained a lot of points on the road last year and a very good counter attacking side.

will be a tough game and we will be mindful of their threat on the break

bonus that Vardy will be out. They do have a good squad

we have to make sure we start well and win really and will settle the season

Vardy is bound to be a big miss for them. he is obviously a big player. They have good players who can come in though

They have good pace in all areas of the park along with some good power

this is our opportunity to damage one of our rivals

we are OK in terms of the group, pretty intact

Mo has trained today, hopeful he will be an option

He will need a good days training tomorrow. we have to be careful with him as the training is different for him

Virgin have given up their sponsor for this game for Scope and that is fantastic

Have not discussed goal targets with Ings, he is a very good technical player

he is able to link play between the lines as our ball retention up top has not been good enough, he will help that

He will score a good amount of goals but we set no targets, he certainly has the talent to do well

There has been a number of enquiries from the champions regarding loaning our younger players. Some may go

Reed is talking to one club as we speak. We will see how it develops

no real urgency at all to get them out. Will only let them go if it helps them develop

Sims went as he needs to play, he missed a bit of pre season and he was not going to get enough games in the coming months

We will have recall clauses for January if required

Matt Target will probably stay

Looking forward to this season. We are excited. This is the highest you can go and I am honoured to be one of the top 20 managers in this country

That brings a lot of views, comments, scrutiny. That does not phase me one bit. Simply part of the job. Been doing this long enough and cant wait to get going

there you go.

Sparky clearly says that defence not been good enough nor has ball retention at the pointy end....also, expects us to start a lot better against Leicester than we have in the last two games.

Hughes Prezzer...

I have an idea of the best 11. Still a few things to sort, players have had broken pre seasons

Next few weeks, all will be resolved with everyone on the same level with fitness

Leicester will not be an easy game, they gained a lot of points on the road last year and a very good counter attacking side.

Vardy is bound to be a big miss for them. he is obviously a big player. They have good players who can come in though

He will need a good days training tomorrow. we have to be careful with him as the training is different for him

Virgin have given up their sponsor for this game for Scope and that is fantastic

he is able to link play between the lines as our ball retention up top has not been good enough, he will help that

He will score a good amount of goals but we set no targets, he certainly has the talent to do well

There has been a number of enquiries from the champions regarding loaning our younger players. Some may go

no real urgency at all to get them out. Will only let them go if it helps them develop

Sims went as he needs to play, he missed a bit of pre season and he was not going to get enough games in the coming months

Looking forward to this season. We are excited. This is the highest you can go and I am honoured to be one of the top 20 managers in this country

That brings a lot of views, comments, scrutiny. That does not phase me one bit. Simply part of the job. Been doing this long enough and cant wait to get going

there you go.

Sparky clearly says that defence not been good enough nor has ball retention at the pointy end....also, expects us to start a lot better against Leicester than we have in the last two games.

Tremendous job as usual. Thanks.

Hughes Prezzer...

there you go.

At least he say's the right things and identifies the obvious problems (which is a step up on the previous regime) - just need to see it in action now.

Cheers Batman for the summary.

Hughes Prezzer...

there you go.

Thanks very much for this.

Interesting information from Hughes re Harrison Reed possibility leaving, Targett probably staying and the January recall clause.

****ing clueless.

Hughes in the presser yesterday and interview on the OS going heavy about Leicester being a counter attack team. They definitely were a couple of years ago, but against United they seemed like a possession side, which we know is Puel's style.

Slightly suprised at the comments tbh.

Hughes in the presser yesterday and interview on the OS going heavy about Leicester being a counter attack team. They definitely were a couple of years ago, but against United they seemed like a possession side, which we know is Puel's style.

Slightly suprised at the comments tbh.

They smashed us last season by counterattacking. They may not hit long to Vardy like the good old days; but they have plenty of pace in the side that lends itself to quick breaks on the floor.