Hughes: I will entertain this season

Pilchards

I’m sorry Mark but we are not good enough defensively to do this.

Some of our centre backs are so poor and plus we have no protection from the midfield.

Your tactics in the last few games have not been good enough and you need to sort it soon before the players will lose confidence.

Please add some bite in midfield and have a flat back four and we will turn the screw quickly.

Hoj, Armstrong, Redmond, Romeu and Moi are good enough with Ings up on his own.

I’m sorry Mark but we are not good enough defensively to do this.

Some of our centre backs are so poor and plus we have no protection from the midfield.

Your tactics in the last few games have not been good enough and you need to sort it soon before the players will lose confidence.

Please add some bite in midfield and have a flat back four and we will turn the screw quickly.

Hoj, Armstrong, Redmond, Romeu and Moi are good enough with Ings up on his own.

Two league games...

As for adding bite in midfield, the window is closed, unless we can secure a freebie...

Flat back four - agree

Posted the following on another thread, probably relevant here:

I don't really want to join the simmering criticisms of Hughes though . He wouldn't have been my choice to replace Koeman by any means, but given what followed and managing to keep us up he's deserved a crack at it and we won't attract a better option for a year or so. The squad at his disposal though is largely a Reed/Wilson creation rather than his, but if he perseveres with a hapless 5 at the back then the anger will start to turn in his direction I'm sure.

Willing to see where we are after 10-12 games before I make an assessment of how Hughes is progressing. During that time it should become clearer what formations suit us best & which players should form the basis of those teams. Some are staking clear claims already (Ings, Vestergaard, Macca), others are looking as poor as last season (Stephens, Hoedt, Austin). Hopefully more will be up to speed sooner rather than later and Elyounoussi will give us that creative spark we lack without Tadic. A win against Leicester would give us a good boost & having Moi & Jannik back will make a big difference.

He has a mandate to make games (& interviews) entertaining because that's what our fans demanded. Tactically he'll play for the win each game even when that's not the smart option. Enjoy seeing lots of goals even though more are into our net than theirs.

Two league games...

As for adding bite in midfield, the window is closed, unless we can secure a freebie...

Flat back four - agree

Not asking to buy any players as I believe we have some good midfielders already.

The last few games and I do include some friendlies, our midfield have been ripped apart.

Cedric Vestergaard Yoshi Bertrand (flat back 4)

Romeu and Hoijberg (holding back and keeping things tight with some bite)

Armstrong and Moi (licence to thrill on each flank with the supporting wingbacks bombing forward) Redmond (centre with his trickery and speed)

Ings (on his own up front)

STOP PLAYING THESE ONES PLEASE AND ONLY USE IN EMERGENCY.

*Stephens has been shocking, could not believe how he ball watched Walcott slicing it wide in the last 10 minutes. It happens every time.

*Hoedt ha ha, no comment.

*Lemina has been a joke, thinks he is Pogba but he lacks composure and the basics of being a footballer.

*Long will run all day but give him the ball and then you have a problem.

*JWP will whip in some good balls but that’s it.

*Austin your time has come and I feel Gallagher is a better option now.

Edited by Pilchards

Not asking to buy any players as I believe we have some good midfielders already.

The last few games and I do include some friendlies, our midfield have been ripped apart.

Cedric Vestergaard Yoshi Bertrand (flat back 4)

Romeu and Hoijberg (holding back and keeping things tight with some bite)

Armstrong and Moi (licence to thrill on each flank with the supporting wingbacks bombing forward) Redmond (centre with his trickery and speed)

Ings (on his own up front)

STOP PLAYING THESE ONES PLEASE AND ONLY USE IN EMERGENCY.

*Stephens has been shocking, could not believe how he ball watched Walcott slicing it wide in the last 10 minutes. It happens every time.

*Hoedt ha ha, no comment.

*Lemina has been a joke, thinks he is Pogba but he lacks composure and the basics of being a footballer.

*Long will run all day but give him the ball and then you have a problem.

*JWP will whip in some good balls but that’s it.

*Austin your time has come and I feel Gallagher is a better option now.

You are sticking with Redmond who made a total of 0 chances last night, but want to drop JWP who has made more chances in 1 game than Redmond has in 2 with 3 of them 100 % goals if players learnt to head the ball properly. Rather JWP on the pitch than any other player that started yesterday and was by far are best mid.

JWP is an enigma.

In that I like him but I don’t think he’s got enough in his locker.

I don’t think he offers enough during open play to warrant a starting berth.

No pace, no strength, no tricks to beat an opponent, and generally plays the safe sideways ball.

When he did try to play something creative yesterday in open play, it was either under or over hit.

And yes... I know he hits a mean dead ball but I just don’t think that’s enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair to Hughes... Vestergaard, Mo, Armstrong and Yoshida would all start if fit.

If they all return next week, we’ll get our first win.

Hoedt and Stephens’ days are numbered.

Is this an opinion or a more ITK snippet.

Hoping here lol

FFS what has he got to work with? A squad that has been downgraded for 3 seasons now. The players in this window seem to me to be better than the last couple.

He plays a back four and that is wrong and then a 5 and that's wrong, get a grip

FFS what has he got to work with? A squad that has been downgraded for 3 seasons now. The players in this window seem to me to be better than the last couple.

He plays a back four and that is wrong and then a 5 and that's wrong, get a grip

This squad is good enough to get in the top 10.

Confidence & coaching goes a long way in football.

You are sticking with Redmond who made a total of 0 chances last night, but want to drop JWP who has made more chances in 1 game than Redmond has in 2 with 3 of them 100 % goals if players learnt to head the ball properly. Rather JWP on the pitch than any other player that started yesterday and was by far are best mid.

Are you JWP's Dad? Redmond has had two impressive games - Ward-Prowse played his usual game yesterday, efficient corners, a good free kick and neat and tidy passing...nothing more, nothing less. Yet you want him on the pitch over any other player??

To be fair to Hughes... Vestergaard, Mo, Armstrong and Yoshida would all start if fit.

If they all return next week, we’ll get our first win.

Hoedt and Stephens’ days are numbered.

I was willing to give Hoedt a chance, but he really is going backwards - he was really poor yesterday. Why on earth are the coaching staff not improving him? Like Cedric but he gets done too easily for height at set pieces - needs a CB to cover him, but not always possible.

I never want to see Austin in a Saints shirt again. His legs have gone and Ings had to show him what to do yesterday. Agree with others the game has moved on but Austin hasn't.

I find these kind of comments a bit disrespectful to the player especially when he’s been our topscorer and obviously a valuable player of the squad. I can accept it for players that doesn’t give their all or nutcases like Osvaldo, Boufal etc but Charlie has done nothing than given 100%.

Anyways I think you will eat your words, just give it time. .

This squad is good enough to get in the top 10.

Confidence & coaching goes a long way in football.

Nonsense. No team can be good enough to be top 10 with out striking options, and CB options. We potentially have 1 top 10 CB in Vestergaard, but Yoshida is bottom half, the others are probably championship standard at best,

.... And Brighton, and Watford....

Brighton that failed to get a shot on target last week against Watford? Yeh that sounds entertaining.

Also Watford who also started brilliantly last year and then fell away massively?

Bournemouth also have massive to go though horrible spells where they look terrible.

It's very early days and people are getting ahead of themselves, everyone was fawning over West Ham's signings a few weeks ago and that has all gone very quiet because they have lost two games, even though on of those was to Liverpool at Anfield.

We'll start to see the real levels of all these teams 10-15 games in. Palace didn't score goal or win a point for the first 7 games last year and still stayed up comfortably.

I find these kind of comments a bit disrespectful to the player especially when he’s been our topscorer and obviously a valuable player of the squad. I can accept it for players that doesn’t give their all or nutcases like Osvaldo, Boufal etc but Charlie has done nothing than given 100%.

Anyways I think you will eat your words, just give it time. .

This is a bit hypocritical isn't it? It's Disrespectful if someone else says it but it's ok for you to slag off players you don't like?

Perhaps you'd like to support all our players in future?

Are you JWP's Dad? Redmond has had two impressive games - Ward-Prowse played his usual game yesterday, efficient corners, a good free kick and neat and tidy passing...nothing more, nothing less. Yet you want him on the pitch over any other player??

totally agree ............too lightweight and easilly knocked off the ball offers fock all..........oh forgot everyone raves about dead ball situations.......hello they are millionaires its their job to be able to do such things ud have thought.