Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Redmond

Smart move Saints.
    If you can have Palace turn down £70m plus a couple of Pit ponies from Everton, if Nathan kicks on again like he did last season: money in the bank.

I've never been his biggest fan as a player but he improved leaps and bounds last season, and also appears to have a great attitude which is refreshing. Well done to Nathan for the strides he's made and good news for the club, although as said above the timing feels like a bit of a distraction from the probable lack of incomings today.

Amazing how he turned it around last season, at the end of 17/18 I was very much in the "never want to see him in a Saints shirt again" camp. He's massively improved and the most obvious difference to me is his attitude - before he was the first to moan at everybody, now he's always smiling when on the pitch and encouraging the other players.

Hope he can keep up his great form from the back half of last season. Very glad he's signed this new contract!

4. Default

Let's see it again this season Nathan.

Hopefully not another FF

Onwards on upwards

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Amazing how he turned it around last season, at the end of 17/18 I was very much in the "never want to see him in a Saints shirt again" camp. He's massively improved
    I live in hope that this time next year weíll all be saying the same about ___________ (full in the space)

Well, that's positive! One of the key bits of news I wanted to see! Good stuff.

Great news this! Always been a big fan of Redmond. Hope he can shine even more next season and onwards

Blog Entries

Great news and we are lucky that he has signed a new deal after all the unnecessary stick he got from certain sections of our fan base.

Sounds like a possible ankle/achilles injury tonight. Not good at all.

First name on the teamsheet and a massive factor in our attacking play.

Hoping for good news...would be a massive blow if he is out for a decent while.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    If he's done his Achilles, that could be his season done. Not sure we can afford to lose our player of the year.

Fingers crossed it's not too bad. Djenepo and Boufal, time to step up.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Ralph said it didn't look good but also said that there isn't much swelling.

Ruptured Achilles or calf I would suspect, the former is at least 5 months out even for the professionals ��

The only good thing is that we seem to have more options for cover but huge blow

Quote Originally Posted by WinchesterSaint View Post
    Ruptured Achilles or calf I would suspect, the former is at least 5 months out even for the professionals ��
    Well i doubt its a ruptured achilles if he is walking with a boot on. Maybe ligament damage In his ankle?

Hum...
    Not too sure about this one.

The way Ralph talked about it in the interview doesn t appear too long term...

Went down with no one near him apparently, that doesn’t sound like ligament damage to me as that’s normally an impact injury . Hoping I’m wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by wild-saint View Post
    Well i doubt its a ruptured achilles if he is walking with a boot on. Maybe ligament damage In his ankle?

Blog Entries

Went down with no one near him apparently, that doesn’t sound like ligament damage to me as that’s normally an impact injury . Hoping I’m wrong.
    Not really. ACLs frequently happen without any contact.

There would be swelling though with something like an ACL, no swelling according to Ralph. I ruptured my Achilles a few years back, no swelling, walked off the pitch but the damage was done. Fingers crossed it’s just a sprain.
    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Not really. ACLs frequently happen without any contact.

Default Nathan Redmond

It didnít look great from where I was sat. He was clearly in a lot of pain and was clutching his ankle. It didnít appear to be an impact injury as there was no one near him. Fingers crossed itís not as bad as it looked at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely looked ankle rather than knee. May have turned it, in which case it's a sprain - 1-3 weeks, rather than ligament tear 6+ weeks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought he kicked the ground as he went to shoot?

Blog Entries

There would be swelling though with something like an ACL, no swelling according to Ralph. I ruptured my Achilles a few years back, no swelling, walked off the pitch but the damage was done. Fingers crossed it’s just a sprain.
    Torn Achilles are nasty (again can occur through noncontact). If you’re a professional sportsman, they’re probably harder to make a full recovery from than doing your ACL. But hopefully the lack of initial swelling is a positive sign.

25. Default

It's a loss, but would have been a bigger lost last year, we have Djenepo and Boufal pushing for a start, its probably the area we have the best strength in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    It's a loss, but would have been a bigger lost last year, we have Djenepo and Boufal pushing for a start, its probably the area we have the best strength in depth.
    Better options yes, but Redmond is by a mile our best attackig player, plays 90mins every week and can play wide or central.

Hopefully the Intl break comes at a good time but if he is out for more than a month or so, it will almost certainly impact our league position.

Lets hope he's not allowed to visit Blackpool while off injured!

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    It definitely looked ankle rather than knee. May have turned it, in which case it's a sprain - 1-3 weeks, rather than ligament tear 6+ weeks

I was thinking that, nasty sprain, but hopefully back playing in a month or so. Fingers crossed he's back for the Sheff Utd game, however unlikely.

Well it was bound to happen eventually.

We got very lucky last season that he didn't miss a single game through injury - which is very rare for a player in his position especially who relies on bursts of pace and is most likely to get fouled.

I say lucky because we had no depth in that position last season, and would have had to play JWP, Armstrong or Sims in his place - none of which would have been able to offer anything like his attacking threat.

At least this season we have other options, with Djenepo and a seemingly rejuvenated Boufal able to play that role.

Hopefully this will all be a moot point and Redders won't be out too long though.

30. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Well it was bound to happen eventually.

We got very lucky last season that he didn't miss a single game through injury - which is very rare for a player in his position especially who relies on bursts of pace and is most likely to get fouled.

I say lucky because we had no depth in that position last season, and would have had to play JWP, Armstrong or Sims in his place - none of which would have been able to offer anything like his attacking threat.

At least this season we have other options, with Djenepo and a seemingly rejuvenated Boufal able to play that role.

Hopefully this will all be a moot point and Redders won't be out too long though.
    I think you're pretty spot on. Injuries are to be expected, at least over 2 or 3 seasons! So it was bound to happen. And as you say, LW we have Djenepo and Boufal.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    No that’s scuffer Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    It did happen as he shot. No sure if he caught the ground or his standing foot turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
    No thatís scuffer Adams
    How we needed a few quick mis-hit scuffs! Our shots were too considered and cleanly hit. The keeper had time to anticipate and set himself fir the saves. Except for Long's, which of course just missed.

Last edited by Shroppie; 28-08-2019 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Swear filter!

34. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redmond ankle.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	2830

To me it looked like he slipped and then over-stretched the ligaments on the inside of his ankle.

Here's the position his standing foot ended up in.

35. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
    No that’s scuffer Adams
    Thank god we’ve got Ings to hit everything straight at the keeper instead

Quote Originally Posted by saintwbu View Post
    Thank god we’ve got Ings to hit everything straight at the keeper instead
    lol we had to buy him aswell.......

May be grasping at straws here but the Mail claims Hasenhuttl is unsure whether Redmond will play united on Saturday. You'd think if it was a serious injury he would be definitely ruled out for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TWar View Post
    May be grasping at straws here but the Mail claims Hasenhuttl is unsure whether Redmond will play united on Saturday. You'd think if it was a serious injury he would be definitely ruled out for the weekend.
    He said that straight after the game. Presumably he will update tomorrow but I would think best case scenario is he will be back for the Sheff Utd game.

Would not be walking on a ruptured Achilles and foot would be pointed down to shorten the tendon.

4-5 weeks out

Quote Originally Posted by maysie View Post
    4-5 weeks out
    If true, got to say Iíd take that. Could have been far worse. Back for the skates hopefully...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4-5 weeks out
    Not great, but could've been much worse.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

4-5 weeks out
    Where did this update come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    If true, got to say Iíd take that. Could have been far worse. Back for the skates hopefully...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    He would miss that unless he recovers bang on 4 weeks. Don't think he would be risked as they would kick him to bits.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Ralph has just said 2-3 weeks for Redmond, that's a boost.

Although he has confirmed that Mousa is now also injured too.

46. Default

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Ralph has just said 2-3 weeks for Redmond, that's a boost.

Although he has confirmed that Mousa is now also injured too.
    Fingers crossed for Redmond. We’ve have some bad luck with injury estimations in recent seasons.

At least the international break is coming up which will swallow one of those weeks

48. Default

This could be a big call for Ralph. If we lose and play badly against United and Redmond's getting back to fitness for Bournemouth, does he rest him so he can play at Pompey?

Whilst I don’t want redmond hurt.. it’s kinda exciting times to see what boufal and djenepo can do with starts now both have higher ceilings then redders anyway.. I wouldn’t worry too much

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    Whilst I don’t want redmond hurt.. it’s kinda exciting times to see what boufal and djenepo can do with starts now both have higher ceilings then redders anyway.. I wouldn’t worry too much
    Yes it would be if Djenepo was not injured as well